2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Not quite what I hoped for

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Not quite what I hoped for
By Eman on

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were reluctant to buy a minivan, but with a third baby on the way, felt we had no choice. We've only had it for a week, but so far I'm not impressed. The driver seat is very uncomfortable. No matter how I adjust it (we have a manual seat), I can't seem to get comfortable. Also, handling is sluggish. Acceleration is unimpressive, and the brake pedal requires far more force to get the car to stop than I'm used to (on our VW Passat all you need to do is rest your foot in the pedal--on the Sienna you have to really ride it). Also, visibility out of the rear window is terrible, with a huge blind spot behind the car, though I suppose that's typical of all SUVs and minivans.

Small turning radius. Power sliding door. Seating for 8. External design (best among minivan, in my view, though that isn't saying much)

Driver seat comfort. Wider front seat armrests (my elbow slips off the current armrest). Improve handling - more responsive gas and brake pedals, and less lean on corners. Improve interior finish quality and style.