2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: I didn't buy it to be a "mommy

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

2006 Toyota Sienna

I didn't buy it to be a "mommy-van"
By Rick G. on

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am a recently retired teacher and an avid surfer with no kids so I wanted a vehicle that was not just very roomy and had AWD but also comfortable if not luxurious. Having owned 2 SUV's and liking them I was tempted to buy another but I wanted more cargo space for my gear yet comfort too. The '06 Sienna was my choice and I'm glad I made it. The car is fully equipped with a beautiful leather interior, incredibly comfortable to drive and has great cargo space. I love all the extras in the XLE: AWD, power doors and windows, a great sound system and gorgeous interior appointments. The car handles beautifully has a very smooth, almost luxury feel to it and is just fun to get into and drive.

I love having 4 power windows in addition to the rear vent windows and the AWD feature gave the nod to the Sienna over the Odyssey. The turning radius on this car is unbelievable, supposedly the same as the much smaller Corolla and my surfing buddies who teased me about buying a "mommy-van" love it

As with some of you other reviewers I am a bit skeptical about the no spare, run-flat tires. I got Bridgestones so I hope they hold up better than the Dunlops that are reported to be not so good.Only time will tell. I'm also averaging only 17.5mph and I hoped the mileage would be a bit better.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review