A very good, if somewhat "vanilla", van
By Brown on
2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
Good, but not perfect by any means. Having come from a 2002 Honda Odyssey, I immediately noticed several shortcomings in the Sienna. The Honda engine was much more powerful, especially at takeoff. Furthermore, the Honda had power doors on BOTH sides, instead of just the right side. However, my transmission went out on my Honda after 70,000 miles so I'll gladly trade some power and a powered sliding door for better dependability. However, it just seems somewhat less "advanced" than my 2002 Odyssey did. If the Odyssey is the hot cheerleader who may love you one day, only to leave you for someone else the next, the Sienna is the tried and true girl next door who you can count on to be there.
Favorite Features
Fit and finish appear to be above average. Standard safety features are a plus. Quiet, confident ride leaves you liking, but not completely loving, this van.
Suggested Improvements
More power at takeoff. And making both doors powered would be a welcomed addition. It just lacks some of the "sizzle" of the Odyssey. Thus, the heart says Honda, but the head says Toyota.