Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sienna LE 06 pkg 4
By Famof4

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great and very accessible features for a family of 4 or more. Handles very well. Owned a dodge van before and there is no comparison in quality and reliability. Toyota stands behind their product.

Lots of cup holders, auto slide doors, back stowing seat, easy access to rear seats. Homelink and steering wheel stereo components.

Lots of rattling in doors and dash area. Slow engine response at acceleration for slower speeds, seems to miss. Paint scratches and chips easy. Auto slide doors not very sensitive and could be dangerous to small kids. Seat belt has had problems.

2nd Sienna & 3rd Toyota
By CR

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our third Toyota is a people moving, dump hauling, fishing, camping, road tripping machine! Leather seats are very good (I log daily mileage and have driven multiple long road trips with kids). It is easy to use the gearbox to enhance power and control. I wanted AWD and a fold down rear seat. XLE Limited is too much luxury as the most beneficial features are available on lower priced models. The fold down rear seat and especially the AWD are terrific. Don't care for a fixed nav system but back up camera is sometimes useful. Leather seats a must. Gas mileage is 19-20 everywhere. White color stays cleaner looking longer

AWD, fold down rear seat, run flat tires great when you need them! Comfort, engine, power lift gate.

Rattles? Power sliders can pinch! Need a spare tire for peace of mind! Run flats are very pricey and last 20,000 miles.

Sienna Mini Van
By Charles

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Toyota Sienna mini van for over two years now and I finally got around to writing a review. This is a great mini van. I've owned american and other imports but Toyota is the best by far. We drive about 25k a year and have not had any problems. It has been in the snow in NC mountains and I pull my 17ft key west with it w/o any problems. We average about 26 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg in town. I forgot to mention that the family loves this thing on long trips. In town it drive well also. If you are looking for a mini van you can't go wrong with Toyota. My next vehicle is going to be another Toyota.

Toyota quality. Comfortable ride. Rear ac and heat for children. Good gas mileage considering the size vehicle. Fold down seats are easy to adjust.

Non so far.

Impressed, but not overwhelmed
By atok

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't looking forward to a minivan, but I really like the Sienna. It's fun to drive and looks good. Well built, very useful whether you're hauling a pack of kids or a load of building supplies. It's comfortable, but being 6'3", the front seats don't go back enough and it feels cramped driving it. Mileage is fine at 20 mpg in mixed driving. We bought it new looking for a reliable car that would last 10 years, and so far it's ok, except we have been in the the shop for a few small issues - the CD changer failed twice, wheel noise when turning sharply, automatic rear door was catching/grinding.

Handling, acceleration, braking. Turning radius is amazing. Fold flat 60/40 rear bench seats. Steering wheel controls for audio.

Paint is prone to scratching. More room for tall drivers.

Stuck in the snow, even 2 inches of it
By familyof7

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna was new when we bought it, and it has all the major options, which means we paid top dollar. We love the navigation, entertainment and other conveniences that make traveling with our kids easier. The kids ride in car seats though, which could explain their comfort. We recently took our first long-haul trip and had the aching backs to prove it. Never again! We had intended to keep the Sienna for perhaps a decade, which is why we went for all the options and didn't mind the price so much. After all, Toyotas have a reputation for lasting. We are getting rid of it, however, because it handles terribly in the snow.The Sienna literally gets stuck in two inches of snow. What a nightmare!

Power sliding doors, power liftgate, and folding seats. Built-in sunshades with the entertainment system are also nice. The nav and bluetooth features are nice, if pricey, options. The adaptive cruise control is nice too. The vehicle accelerates and shifts smoothly. Acceptable gas mileage.

Improve drivers seat comfort. Improve performance/traction in inclimate weather. I am so sick of getting stuck in as little as two inches of snow that I am getting rid of this vehicle after only two years; we had intended on keeping it much longer.