2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Awesome Vehicle, great family fun
By Irobbig on 11/22/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 98 ford Windstar and man did I have a great surprise! This car is awesome, versatile and capable. The stereo is excellent, ride is like a car and best of all, I paid less for the Sienna than what I paid in 1998! Bought it before the summer vacation, put on a hitch and airbags in the suspension. Towed small trailer for 2000 miles to date and it works great, 6 adults, no problem, lots of gear, no problem. This is the most silent car I've driven so far, beats the euro cars hands down. My only complaint is that I could not get the electric 8 way chair and I am 6'4" so the driving position is OK, not great, but that is the only thing I can complain about!

DO NOT BUY
By skier on 11/22/06 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worst vehicle i have ever owned. My wife really wanted it so we leased one for three years. Thank goodness I did not buy it. I can't wait to turn it in. The Run flat tires left me and my family (young kids) stranded. Had a blowout in the runflat you could stick a baseball through. I don't think that is to safe. The transmission does not shift smoothly and the dealer keeps saying it works properly. The gas mileage in terrible. 17.5 mpg is the average that we get for combined driving. We did get 18.1 on a 1000 mile all interstate drive this summer. Do not buy this junk.

Glad we got it !
By John on 11/18/06 09:57 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a XLE with # 8 package (DVD, NAV, etc...) and could not be happier. Looked at all of the usual suspects. I love everything about this van. the interior oozes quality. Fit and finish are superb. Performance is as expected for a vehicle of this size. I am impressed with initial fuel mileage. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota!!

No Soccer Moms Here
By K48paw on 11/03/06 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When my wife and I were looking to replace her Ford station wagon she was determined to buy a small SUV. Being used to the space in the wagon all the mid-sized SUV's we looked at seemed too small to hold the kids/dogs/groceries/SOCCER. We looked at the Sienna. Wow what a differnce. It even blows away the space we had in the wagon, and has so many little extras it took us about a week after we had the van to find them all. The ride is great, quiet and all the safety features are hard to match in a mid-sized SUV. My wife never thought she would own a van (she loves sports cars) so the deal maker was I agreed to add a sun roof.

'06 Sienna
By Breslau on 10/19/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I have been pretty satisfied with our new Sienna. The ride is fairly smooth and the engine seems more than adequate. If I can trust the onboard computer, the gas mileage has been what I expected. We were actually averaging above the stated MPG on the sticker on a recent trip to the NC Outer Banks. For those who complain that the Sienna leans more in the curves than a similar Honda... well, one shouldn't expect a vehicle of this size to handle like a sedan. After all, it's a van!

Excellent Mini-van
By Yogen on 10/17/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I should say, it has an EXCELLENT turning radius. I used to drive my small scion xA but observed no difference in handling Sienna while turning. Next thing I should say,it has an EXCELLENT tight steering control. I love it, really LOVE it. It gives confidence to the drivers while driving a mini-van like this. Quiet engine. Nice roomy interior with sufficient compartments. Good rear view when you look over your shoulder while crossing the lanes. Good value if you want to settle with a single car for a long time. I was (am) worrying about its tire as few people in this forum is complaining. I yet to see for it. I yet to see its fuel efficiency (I believe it may not be worse).

Not a minivan gal till now
By lisa on 10/15/06 01:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have the Sienna LE AWD. My mileage is not the best compared to the LE, but I also take my van places most don't attempt. Having AWD I feel much more comfortable with my son's friends and their moms out in the woods, or in the snow, or on sand!! It's smooth, fun and safe to drive. I was disappointed with the fact that there was not any bargaining room with the cost - I was told that only the LE, I could have bargained with. I went from driving small cars to now a vehicle I swore I'd never drive (minivan). I love it, and my son really does. And gosh - he's now extremely safe. Thank you Toyota.

best van around
By susan c. on 10/03/06 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

after doing a month of research,checking safety features , prices, i came up with the sienna, cheaper than the overpriced oddessy, and reliability as well , my brother is a service manager for toyota, and also had good things to say about this veichle.i find the ride superb, and the interior features attractive, lots of space, overall very satisfied with my sienna.

Solid car but torture to drive
By Dalpine on 09/27/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The lack of support in driver's seat combined with pronounced leaning into turns can result in chronic back problems. The pain is not lessened by the lumbar that feels like a football in your back. Fuel mileage extremely poor. I regret buying it.

Almost Perfect
By Bob on 09/16/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a sleek great looking Van! It's very comfortable to drive, have been on 2 trips FL/NY and was very pleased. The Navigation System is good, not as good as in my Infinity M, but does the job. The rear camera, blue tooth, folding RV Mirrors, storage, cup holders etc. are very well thought out and functional. Was dissapointed with the gas milege (16.5MPG overall), and performance. Also, fold down 2nd row seats,as in the Chrysler Town & Country Van, would be a big plus. I removed them for our trips and that was a chore to say the least. Passenger seat s/b at least 6/way adjustable, for the price. Was not too comforable riding shotgun for a few hrs when wife took over the wheel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.