Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Impressed, but not overwhelmed
By atok

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't looking forward to a minivan, but I really like the Sienna. It's fun to drive and looks good. Well built, very useful whether you're hauling a pack of kids or a load of building supplies. It's comfortable, but being 6'3", the front seats don't go back enough and it feels cramped driving it. Mileage is fine at 20 mpg in mixed driving. We bought it new looking for a reliable car that would last 10 years, and so far it's ok, except we have been in the the shop for a few small issues - the CD changer failed twice, wheel noise when turning sharply, automatic rear door was catching/grinding.

Handling, acceleration, braking. Turning radius is amazing. Fold flat 60/40 rear bench seats. Steering wheel controls for audio.

Paint is prone to scratching. More room for tall drivers.

Stuck in the snow, even 2 inches of it
By familyof7

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna was new when we bought it, and it has all the major options, which means we paid top dollar. We love the navigation, entertainment and other conveniences that make traveling with our kids easier. The kids ride in car seats though, which could explain their comfort. We recently took our first long-haul trip and had the aching backs to prove it. Never again! We had intended to keep the Sienna for perhaps a decade, which is why we went for all the options and didn't mind the price so much. After all, Toyotas have a reputation for lasting. We are getting rid of it, however, because it handles terribly in the snow.The Sienna literally gets stuck in two inches of snow. What a nightmare!

Power sliding doors, power liftgate, and folding seats. Built-in sunshades with the entertainment system are also nice. The nav and bluetooth features are nice, if pricey, options. The adaptive cruise control is nice too. The vehicle accelerates and shifts smoothly. Acceptable gas mileage.

Improve drivers seat comfort. Improve performance/traction in inclimate weather. I am so sick of getting stuck in as little as two inches of snow that I am getting rid of this vehicle after only two years; we had intended on keeping it much longer.

Sienna 06
By AmberH

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the van. Drives great looks great. Comfortable for everyone that rides in it. Yes even if you are in the back. Quiet and smooth. Gotta love it.

power doors and triclimate control

cup holders for 2nd row in different place

Nice, but not quite there
By Trevor

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were very excited about the DVD and navigation in our Toyota - however we have been very disappointed with the amount of babysitting Toyota does. There are a lot of little things that make owning a Toyota annoying. - You can't dial a phone # or look up an address in the nav unless you are completely stopped. Also you can't control the DVD for the kids unless you put on the parking brake! The laser cruise control puts about 10 car lengths or more between you and the car in front of you and you can't change it. The placement of the oil filter and where you pour the oil is poor - you have to pour VERY slowly or goes everywhere! Also the back tail gate has had 3 different problems!

Favorite features would be everything listed above if Toyota would fix the problems!

Toyota should remove the DVD and navigation lock-outs while in motion - the distance between you and the car in front of you with the laser cruise control is GIGANTIC & makes it unusable - if you play a video or game using the Aux jacks, it will not play the audio through the speakers.

Love My Sienna!
By love my sienna

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my sienna. Its roomy, drives very smooth, very little road noise, controls are built with quality, user friendly. I approximate about 24 mpg around town. I have had some problems with the airbag light on dash staying lit. Its been checked out and reset, but then lights up again for no apparent reason a few weeks later. I love the 8th seat. Lots of cubbies, and kids ride very comfortable out of arms reach of each other... LOL. All the power features are fantastic. Very well built and constructed car.

Love the huge storage area in back, peppy engine, tons of cup holders and cubbies, dash is very driver friendly. Climate controls in back are wonderful for kids to operate.

Power back door would be Nice. Stow and go idea is also great to think of. Other than maybe these ideas, I really can't think of any other improvements. I love this vehicle the way it is.

• SUV