Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love My Sienna!
By love my sienna

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my sienna. Its roomy, drives very smooth, very little road noise, controls are built with quality, user friendly. I approximate about 24 mpg around town. I have had some problems with the airbag light on dash staying lit. Its been checked out and reset, but then lights up again for no apparent reason a few weeks later. I love the 8th seat. Lots of cubbies, and kids ride very comfortable out of arms reach of each other... LOL. All the power features are fantastic. Very well built and constructed car.

Favorite Features

Love the huge storage area in back, peppy engine, tons of cup holders and cubbies, dash is very driver friendly. Climate controls in back are wonderful for kids to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Power back door would be Nice. Stow and go idea is also great to think of. Other than maybe these ideas, I really can't think of any other improvements. I love this vehicle the way it is.

Very good family car, smooth driving
By Toyota Driver

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The van is very roomy, comfy, quiet, smooth. Got 25-26 MPG on highway. 23 MPG combined.

Favorite Features

Roomy, smooth comfort drive.

Suggested Improvements

Need to do better job with ABS. It is scary on hard stop on rain or wet surface. Tires are worn out very fast.

Did I Get A LEMON?
By mdinkel

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2006 Sienna LE - bought new, now has 65,000 mi. Live on country roads and am 8 mi one way to school and 25 mi to a Toyota dealership. Took it to dealership a year ago for the engine lights coming on and a belt squeak. They said I must have has some bad gas and the belt was not squeaking. All's fine right? NOT. A year later (7-20 08) take it back because the AC went out. Just thought it was a belt. The magnetic coil is out and they told me the catalytic converter is out and the oxygen sensor. The driver side slide door will not open at all! Many other things wrong too! I asked the service manager if this is normal to have these things go out with only 65000 mi. He said no. $1500

DVD system is a nightmare
By elizabeth

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van after renting the sienna many times for road trips. reasons are obvious: reliable, roomy, user friendly and super duper cargo friendly! We have really enjoyed the van and it has made our lives much easier. We do not care for the DVD system. It is controlled from the back only. Our children are small and are in booster seats which means we must stop the car to load/unload movies and start them. BIG PAIN in the neck. Somebody please tell Toyota to make it possible to load from the front seat, possibly by the stereo.

Favorite Features

cargo area, seats that can be configured in different ways, roominess, safety, reliability

Suggested Improvements

DVD player controls need to be placed in the front by the stereo not in the back seat.

By Richie

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife was recently in an accident she was hit from behind very badly, she wound up with only a couple bruises from hitting her head on the ceiling of the van, but my 2 year old son who was in his car seat on the passenger side in the second row had nothing happen to him, not a scratch, the whole back was demolished to the point the car is going to be destroyed, but from where my son was sitting to the front of the car everything was o.k, Toyota said they have a thing called a crumple zone apparently it works, the rear crumpled so the rest of the car stays in tact. Needless to say we are buying another one with the insurance money.

Favorite Features

Safety and very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

The a/c takes a while before it get cold.