2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Solid Minivan
By Erynex on 01/16/07 05:25 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Gets good mileage and has a very smooth and quiet ride. We were able to purchase a 100,000k mile Toyota extended warranty online for a very reasonable price. The dealership has been very helpful, even after the sale. We ordered it with many extras and were able to negotiate a good price. This is my second Toyota and probably not my last.

My Dream Car
By Angela on 01/14/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our car. The space is amazing. The features are so much fun. I feel as if I am driving on air. My 6 year old is in heaven. I feel like the four of us each have our own space. The is so much storage. With kids it allows for a place for everything. We really love the headrest DVDs. We cannot wait to go on a road trip. This is our second Toyota. We had a Highlander previously, and loved it. The Sienna is even better. Way to go Toyota! This is luxury in a family car.

Always carry jumper cables
By Rick on 01/13/07 09:16 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle overall and would highly recommend except for the battery. I've lost track how many times we've had to jump start it for the most minor or unknown reasons; e.g. just using the cd player for an hour while waiting in line for a ferry or leaving the rear hatch door not completely engaged (easy to do) will result in a no start in just a couple days. I've never owned a car this sensitive to battery discharge.

Awesome, AWD
By vaioman on 01/01/07 20:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great van, only one with AWD, awesome interior. Extremely comfortable ride.

Love Our Sienna!
By Dave on 12/30/06 15:45 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had to turn in my company vehicle which was a Ford Freestar and couldn't get another one so we needed a van. Once you have one you can't live without it, I found, very much to my surprise. So we traded my wife's Camry Solara for a Toyota Sienna (her idea!). We tried out a Honda EX-L (Very close competitor, better back seat, but bumpier ride.) and the Hyundai Entourage (Watch out Toyota and Honda, these guys mean business, great van at a great price, better ride than the Honda). It rides like a luxury car. The interior is extremely comfortable. Heated seats, MP3 capable stereo, aux jack, power doors, storage, reconfig options, all great. We bought it to last 10 years and I bet it does.

Good deal
By Mago on 12/29/06 22:26 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It is fun to drive. However driver's seat (manual) is hard to adjust compared to my Camry power seat.

Best Minivan on the Market
By akrika on 12/24/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I think I bought the best minivan on the market. I compared it to the Honda odyssey and there is no comparison. I have the fully loaded one and I am impressed with the handling. Neither rain nor ice hinders its performance. The DVD and NAV help too.

Toyota hits another 'homerun'.
By Ed Gutierrez on 12/24/06 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it in 06/06 and could not be happier. Everything works well and we are in the middle of a road trip (1100+ mi.). With 7 passengers and a full load of luggage, we are averaging 22.13 mpg. The van performs well under all conditions and has all the features that we needed and even some that we wanted. No mechanical problems at all. It compares well with other vehicles we tested and better than most. We have 5 children and all have found their favorite spot.

Transmission Leak
By David Yee on 12/17/06 21:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has less than 4000 miles and my transmission is already leaking. It's been in the shop for about a week and I guess it's taking awhile to dismantle everything and then put it together again. Aside from this defect, the van seems to be pretty good. It's quite roomy to the point that I have difficulty getting out of my tight garage. I really like the turning radius on this van. I've been getting about 15 miles/gallon on city driving with 4-5 passengers.

So far so good
By jk on 11/26/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this a week back. Only have 300 miles in it. It drives well, although the road noise is pronounced (not what I would have expected from Toyota). The instrument panel is well laid out. However, I have not yet mastered all the buttons. Did not buy AWD based on negative run-flat tire reviews. We got 17.5 mpg (60% highway) so far. We have a 3 yr old, so she does not use the wireless headphone, so all of us have to listen to her DVDs (have not yet figured out how to mute the front speakers). We have two camrys (10 & 12 yrs old) and this is our third toyota, based on our experience with toyota reliability. Did take the extended warranty based on the pervasiveness of electrical systems

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.