Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

NO Repairs
By Bobber

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove it off the lot and more than 50k miles later this Sienna hasn't been back. Get oil changed wherever, wore out the stock Dunlops at 30k, and replaced them with Costco Michelins, and had the front brake pads replaced at 45k.I do brake and corner very hard. Snappy engine and tranny seem to egg me on, although numb steering takes the fun out of it. LE seats are so so on long drives, and I wish now I had gone with the upscale stereo. Power door on the right only is fine for me, but a smaller driver would want a power door on the left also. Hatch is very heavy too, and forget about folding and removing seats unless you're prepared for a workout.

Cup holders, steering wheel stereo controls, manual ac/heat, engine and trans performance.

Clean up wind-noise causing exterior parts like antenna and window moldings. Get rid of auto fresh air feature. I hate having diesel fumes inside just because Toyota thinks my windows are gonna fog up!

Mini -Van for the Wife
By TruckGuy

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife had a Grand Caravan that we traded for a Tahoe. My wife has wanted another mini-van ever since. We chose the Toyota based on reputation for reliability, safety, and the fact that it has more leg and headroom for me at 6'4" than Honda or Nissan. The 3.3L Toyota engine blows away the 3.8L Dodge engine, and handling is very car like. So far we have about 1000 miles on it, and fuel economy is a reasonable 23mpg on the highway. I never thought I'd by a Toyota, but I'm happy with it. My next new truck might very well be a Toyota.

Aside from better leg room and head room for a 6'4" 225lb man the safety features give me peace of mind since my wife and kids are on the highway a lot without me.

Make alloy wheels, power driver's side sliding door, and rear disc brakes standard on all but the base trim CE models.

Questionable Quality
By JK

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new three years ago and here's what I noticed. When I hit approx. 65 mph, cowl rattles. High pitch is noticed at 62 mph too. Dealer tried five times but still could not fix it. Driver side door had to be re-aligned because it was improperly installed. Power sliding door was rubbing against main body of the van--body shop took care of it. When the weather is cold, the engine idles high above 1700 rpm for 5 min. before settling down. Dealer says it's normal but did not notice this on other rental minivan. 19 mpg overall. Bought this over Honda Odyssey because it was quieter but 3.3L is inadequate for this heavy van. Overall, this is a decent van but body integrity is very poor.

Driving comfort.

Better body integrity. Stronger engine.

Too Many Problems!
By swimmingturtle

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the sienna for 3 years now and absolutely hate it. I have never gotten better than 20 mpg highway. There have been numerous electrical problems. The stereo stops working randomly and kicks out cds. The rear a/c-heat controls do not funtion all the time. Only one of the power outlets works. The front floor vents were not functioning, found out they were blocked. The leather on the seats shows severe rubbing from the seat belt. The paint is poor quality. When I accelerate the van jerks. Dealer said this is normal. The seats are extremely uncomfortable for rides over 30 miles. The tires had to be replaced at 15,000 miles, not run flats. Did I get a lemon or are others just awed by the options?

Automatic side and rear doors. Entertainment system makes long trips go fast!

Need better quality seats. The side automatic doors are unsafe. They will injure a 2year old before the senors respond correctly. Better mpg.

Love my baby!
By Soccer Mom

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Totaled my other 2006 Sienna, bought new in 2006. EXCELLENT SAFETY FEATURES! Air bag deployed, seatbelts locked & minus bruises from belts, all are totally fine! Bought current Sienna cause we loved this van sooo much! I do agree with others about paint scratching easily & it sometimes seems to shift awkwardly. It came with reg tires (not run-flats for AWD) & a spare; good financial decision. Don't know why those with XLE models are complaining; I have less features & love it! It saved my life & my twin sons. Love my baby!

Safety features, Sliding door, steering wheel controls, cruise, flip seats, DVD/Game system, power driver's seat, handling, easy to see dash controls.

Paint more resistant to scratching & smoother shifting in lower gears.