2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Fantastic gas mileage
By New Mexico on 04/24/07 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We drive in New Mexico and get about 25.5 mpg going back and forth to work. On the highway at 75 mph we get anywhere from 27 to 31 mpg! The seats in this van are almost as comfortable as the ones in our old Mercury Villager but not quite. This is our travel car and we drive all over New Mexico, very fuel efficient and comfy.

Smooth like a Lexus but not quite there
By Creighton on 03/31/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned this car for a while now, I have very mixed feelings about it. It's smooth and refined like my Lexus but has very mediocre interior ergonomics that are very un-Lexus-like. It's very easy to love the features; HID lighting, AWD, Nav, laser-cruise control, bluetooth, DVD, comfy leather seats; but somehow, Toyota didn't get some of the basics right. The frequently used climate control buttons are small and mislabeled. The 2nd row seats constantly rattle and squeak. The run-flat tires are truly terrible but at least warranted by Toyota. Fuel economy was terrible at first but is improving with age.

Smooth ride
By mj23cantona on 03/23/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far, so good, great for road trips or everyday use, it's my wife's but I drive it on weekends, it's better than the truck for family outings. Drives like a sedan or better, lots of room, it can be configured to accommodate any combination of passengers and load. Add adequate power and a sleek design, and you got the full package.

Fun to drive
By DGJ on 03/22/07 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Toyota Sienna after we compared it side by side to a Honda Odyssey. Basically, we like the ride of the Sienna more. It feels like a car, we thought the Honda rode like a truck. It is spacious, comfortable - even on the third row and has all the features that Honda has but more options for the same money. I would highly recommend the Sienna.

Great Van - Keep an Eye on the Tires
By Kid and Car x 2 on 03/22/07 16:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about it. AWD works great in the snow, we live in the mountains so having to replace the tires every 12,000 is something I am used to. Just bought a donut spare to throw in the back on long trips. The kids love it, the wife loves it, and I am happy to get at least 18 MPG. Better than the 11 MPG I got with an Expedition. Highly recommended. Just keep an eye on the tire pressure with the run flats. No biggie. Everyone should keep track of this stuff anyway. The gauges light up fantastic at night. Very satisfied.

Luv my Van!
By Kate on 02/27/07 06:28 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love having such a safe vehicle. I wasn't in the market per se for a van but the safety ratings sold me. I have a small child and her well-being is #1. I also was very impressed w/ the vans handling in the snow. My van out performed my husbands Silverado 1500! We were both in shock. Overall my van is safe, beautiful and reliable. I know it will last me far beyond my car payments. If you don't mind the initial teasing of being called a soccer mom, this is the vehicle to have.

Extremely unhappy with fuel economy
By Don Miller on 02/17/07 07:29 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is an exceptional vehicle in all aspects but the fuel economy. To the point were I will not purchase another Sienna! I previously had a 2004 Sienna and the mileage on it was 29-31 mph. The 06 is around 21! Yes, I still have the same driving habits and locations.

Great Vehicle, Good Price, Poor Stereo
By David Williams on 02/12/07 20:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Sienna six months ago and I'm very impressed with the vehicle. It has a very nice interior with and 8 full size seats. The only minivan with three full size seats in the second row. The center second row adjustable seat is great for infants in car seats. The trunk can adequately handle the luggage for eight passengers. The engine is powerful and smooth. The stereo system sounds very basic and inadequate for such and excellent vehicle. The ride is quite and smooth.

Love My Sienna
By lovemysienna on 02/08/07 14:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read other reviews about the Sienna XLE - not sure if it is that different from mine, but I love my Sienna! We owned a Honda Odyssey - top of the line and while it was a very reliable vehicle, it was a very rough ride. The Sienna is extremely smooth and handles great in any weather including the below 0 temps & snow that we have had in Chicago recently!

I can't believe a Mini!
By dorisrez on 01/27/07 00:25 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would ever drive a minivan. But now that I do, I am so glad it is this one! It is very luxurious and is very accomodating to any busy parent with a bunch of kids! I have only had it for a week and as much as I miss the mpg on my Matrix, I love the room and the space.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.