Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

No big issues - but won't buy again
By Boston Driver

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife who swore she would never want a minivan. She likes the car, but I'm not crazy about it. Mileage averages 19 .. i never expected 30, but 23-24 seemed reasonable. The engine seems underpowered or else the transmission is just plain shifting at the wrong times (i shouldn't have to floor it to maintain 70 mph on a minor incline). Otherwise just plain feels like I'm driving a couch

Favorite Features

All that room. Very comfortable for long rides

Suggested Improvements

Improve MPG, road feel.

Great Value
By flpohio

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not one problem except the crappy Dunlop tires it came with.

Favorite Features

Cushy ride and multiple use variations. We have used it for hauling cargo and as a Wedding Car along with day to day use. Good highway fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Longer lasting tires and better city fuel economy.

Buy the Extended Warranty
By Bill_in_CO

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Sienna new in 2006 and have driven 48,000 miles. The vehicle has been back to the shop 7 times and repairs are now costing us staggering sums of money. If you like this vehicle, be sure to get the extended warranty. The driver's side automatic sliding door just broke and cost $1800 to fix. The dealer said this is a common problem. The rear hatch won't close on its own and the dealer can't fix it. After 10k miles and 35k miles, we had to have both sliding doors fixed as loose parts were rattling loudly. The run-flat tires are terrible. They wear out at 15k miles and cost $1000 to replace. The vehicle doesn't come with a spare tire.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Sliding doors should be improved so they don't wear out in 48,000 miiles and cost $1800 to fix. Add a spare tire so we don't have to use run-flat tires.

NO Repairs
By Bobber

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove it off the lot and more than 50k miles later this Sienna hasn't been back. Get oil changed wherever, wore out the stock Dunlops at 30k, and replaced them with Costco Michelins, and had the front brake pads replaced at 45k.I do brake and corner very hard. Snappy engine and tranny seem to egg me on, although numb steering takes the fun out of it. LE seats are so so on long drives, and I wish now I had gone with the upscale stereo. Power door on the right only is fine for me, but a smaller driver would want a power door on the left also. Hatch is very heavy too, and forget about folding and removing seats unless you're prepared for a workout.

Favorite Features

Cup holders, steering wheel stereo controls, manual ac/heat, engine and trans performance.

Suggested Improvements

Clean up wind-noise causing exterior parts like antenna and window moldings. Get rid of auto fresh air feature. I hate having diesel fumes inside just because Toyota thinks my windows are gonna fog up!

Mini -Van for the Wife
By TruckGuy

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife had a Grand Caravan that we traded for a Tahoe. My wife has wanted another mini-van ever since. We chose the Toyota based on reputation for reliability, safety, and the fact that it has more leg and headroom for me at 6'4" than Honda or Nissan. The 3.3L Toyota engine blows away the 3.8L Dodge engine, and handling is very car like. So far we have about 1000 miles on it, and fuel economy is a reasonable 23mpg on the highway. I never thought I'd by a Toyota, but I'm happy with it. My next new truck might very well be a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Aside from better leg room and head room for a 6'4" 225lb man the safety features give me peace of mind since my wife and kids are on the highway a lot without me.

Suggested Improvements

Make alloy wheels, power driver's side sliding door, and rear disc brakes standard on all but the base trim CE models.