2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Sienna Mini Van
By Charles on 12/28/08 18:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Toyota Sienna mini van for over two years now and I finally got around to writing a review. This is a great mini van. I've owned american and other imports but Toyota is the best by far. We drive about 25k a year and have not had any problems. It has been in the snow in NC mountains and I pull my 17ft key west with it w/o any problems. We average about 26 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg in town. I forgot to mention that the family loves this thing on long trips. In town it drive well also. If you are looking for a mini van you can't go wrong with Toyota. My next vehicle is going to be another Toyota.

Impressed, but not overwhelmed
By atok on 12/26/08 08:03 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't looking forward to a minivan, but I really like the Sienna. It's fun to drive and looks good. Well built, very useful whether you're hauling a pack of kids or a load of building supplies. It's comfortable, but being 6'3", the front seats don't go back enough and it feels cramped driving it. Mileage is fine at 20 mpg in mixed driving. We bought it new looking for a reliable car that would last 10 years, and so far it's ok, except we have been in the the shop for a few small issues - the CD changer failed twice, wheel noise when turning sharply, automatic rear door was catching/grinding.

Stuck in the snow, even 2 inches of it
By familyof7 on 12/12/08 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna was new when we bought it, and it has all the major options, which means we paid top dollar. We love the navigation, entertainment and other conveniences that make traveling with our kids easier. The kids ride in car seats though, which could explain their comfort. We recently took our first long-haul trip and had the aching backs to prove it. Never again! We had intended to keep the Sienna for perhaps a decade, which is why we went for all the options and didn't mind the price so much. After all, Toyotas have a reputation for lasting. We are getting rid of it, however, because it handles terribly in the snow.The Sienna literally gets stuck in two inches of snow. What a nightmare!

Sienna 06
By AmberH on 09/24/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the van. Drives great looks great. Comfortable for everyone that rides in it. Yes even if you are in the back. Quiet and smooth. Gotta love it.

Nice, but not quite there
By Trevor on 09/01/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were very excited about the DVD and navigation in our Toyota - however we have been very disappointed with the amount of babysitting Toyota does. There are a lot of little things that make owning a Toyota annoying. - You can't dial a phone # or look up an address in the nav unless you are completely stopped. Also you can't control the DVD for the kids unless you put on the parking brake! The laser cruise control puts about 10 car lengths or more between you and the car in front of you and you can't change it. The placement of the oil filter and where you pour the oil is poor - you have to pour VERY slowly or goes everywhere! Also the back tail gate has had 3 different problems!

Love My Sienna!
By love my sienna on 08/13/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my sienna. Its roomy, drives very smooth, very little road noise, controls are built with quality, user friendly. I approximate about 24 mpg around town. I have had some problems with the airbag light on dash staying lit. Its been checked out and reset, but then lights up again for no apparent reason a few weeks later. I love the 8th seat. Lots of cubbies, and kids ride very comfortable out of arms reach of each other... LOL. All the power features are fantastic. Very well built and constructed car.

Very good family car, smooth driving
By Toyota Driver on 08/13/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The van is very roomy, comfy, quiet, smooth. Got 25-26 MPG on highway. 23 MPG combined.

Did I Get A LEMON?
By mdinkel on 08/10/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2006 Sienna LE - bought new, now has 65,000 mi. Live on country roads and am 8 mi one way to school and 25 mi to a Toyota dealership. Took it to dealership a year ago for the engine lights coming on and a belt squeak. They said I must have has some bad gas and the belt was not squeaking. All's fine right? NOT. A year later (7-20 08) take it back because the AC went out. Just thought it was a belt. The magnetic coil is out and they told me the catalytic converter is out and the oxygen sensor. The driver side slide door will not open at all! Many other things wrong too! I asked the service manager if this is normal to have these things go out with only 65000 mi. He said no. $1500

DVD system is a nightmare
By elizabeth on 08/06/08 23:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van after renting the sienna many times for road trips. reasons are obvious: reliable, roomy, user friendly and super duper cargo friendly! We have really enjoyed the van and it has made our lives much easier. We do not care for the DVD system. It is controlled from the back only. Our children are small and are in booster seats which means we must stop the car to load/unload movies and start them. BIG PAIN in the neck. Somebody please tell Toyota to make it possible to load from the front seat, possibly by the stereo.

By Richie on 07/30/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife was recently in an accident she was hit from behind very badly, she wound up with only a couple bruises from hitting her head on the ceiling of the van, but my 2 year old son who was in his car seat on the passenger side in the second row had nothing happen to him, not a scratch, the whole back was demolished to the point the car is going to be destroyed, but from where my son was sitting to the front of the car everything was o.k, Toyota said they have a thing called a crumple zone apparently it works, the rear crumpled so the rest of the car stays in tact. Needless to say we are buying another one with the insurance money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.