2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
No big issues - but won't buy again
By Boston Driver on 07/13/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife who swore she would never want a minivan. She likes the car, but I'm not crazy about it. Mileage averages 19 .. i never expected 30, but 23-24 seemed reasonable. The engine seems underpowered or else the transmission is just plain shifting at the wrong times (i shouldn't have to floor it to maintain 70 mph on a minor incline). Otherwise just plain feels like I'm driving a couch

Great Value
By flpohio on 05/17/10 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not one problem except the crappy Dunlop tires it came with.

Buy the Extended Warranty
By Bill_in_CO on 04/24/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Sienna new in 2006 and have driven 48,000 miles. The vehicle has been back to the shop 7 times and repairs are now costing us staggering sums of money. If you like this vehicle, be sure to get the extended warranty. The driver's side automatic sliding door just broke and cost $1800 to fix. The dealer said this is a common problem. The rear hatch won't close on its own and the dealer can't fix it. After 10k miles and 35k miles, we had to have both sliding doors fixed as loose parts were rattling loudly. The run-flat tires are terrible. They wear out at 15k miles and cost $1000 to replace. The vehicle doesn't come with a spare tire.

NO Repairs
By Bobber on 01/18/10 16:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove it off the lot and more than 50k miles later this Sienna hasn't been back. Get oil changed wherever, wore out the stock Dunlops at 30k, and replaced them with Costco Michelins, and had the front brake pads replaced at 45k.I do brake and corner very hard. Snappy engine and tranny seem to egg me on, although numb steering takes the fun out of it. LE seats are so so on long drives, and I wish now I had gone with the upscale stereo. Power door on the right only is fine for me, but a smaller driver would want a power door on the left also. Hatch is very heavy too, and forget about folding and removing seats unless you're prepared for a workout.

Mini -Van for the Wife
By TruckGuy on 01/18/10 07:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife had a Grand Caravan that we traded for a Tahoe. My wife has wanted another mini-van ever since. We chose the Toyota based on reputation for reliability, safety, and the fact that it has more leg and headroom for me at 6'4" than Honda or Nissan. The 3.3L Toyota engine blows away the 3.8L Dodge engine, and handling is very car like. So far we have about 1000 miles on it, and fuel economy is a reasonable 23mpg on the highway. I never thought I'd by a Toyota, but I'm happy with it. My next new truck might very well be a Toyota.

Questionable Quality
By JK on 12/16/09 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new three years ago and here's what I noticed. When I hit approx. 65 mph, cowl rattles. High pitch is noticed at 62 mph too. Dealer tried five times but still could not fix it. Driver side door had to be re-aligned because it was improperly installed. Power sliding door was rubbing against main body of the van--body shop took care of it. When the weather is cold, the engine idles high above 1700 rpm for 5 min. before settling down. Dealer says it's normal but did not notice this on other rental minivan. 19 mpg overall. Bought this over Honda Odyssey because it was quieter but 3.3L is inadequate for this heavy van. Overall, this is a decent van but body integrity is very poor.

Too Many Problems!
By swimmingturtle on 11/12/09 07:07 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the sienna for 3 years now and absolutely hate it. I have never gotten better than 20 mpg highway. There have been numerous electrical problems. The stereo stops working randomly and kicks out cds. The rear a/c-heat controls do not funtion all the time. Only one of the power outlets works. The front floor vents were not functioning, found out they were blocked. The leather on the seats shows severe rubbing from the seat belt. The paint is poor quality. When I accelerate the van jerks. Dealer said this is normal. The seats are extremely uncomfortable for rides over 30 miles. The tires had to be replaced at 15,000 miles, not run flats. Did I get a lemon or are others just awed by the options?

Love my baby!
By Soccer Mom on 09/23/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Totaled my other 2006 Sienna, bought new in 2006. EXCELLENT SAFETY FEATURES! Air bag deployed, seatbelts locked & minus bruises from belts, all are totally fine! Bought current Sienna cause we loved this van sooo much! I do agree with others about paint scratching easily & it sometimes seems to shift awkwardly. It came with reg tires (not run-flats for AWD) & a spare; good financial decision. Don't know why those with XLE models are complaining; I have less features & love it! It saved my life & my twin sons. Love my baby!

Sienna LE 06 pkg 4
By Famof4 on 06/19/09 23:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great and very accessible features for a family of 4 or more. Handles very well. Owned a dodge van before and there is no comparison in quality and reliability. Toyota stands behind their product.

2nd Sienna & 3rd Toyota
By CR on 02/21/09 07:01 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our third Toyota is a people moving, dump hauling, fishing, camping, road tripping machine! Leather seats are very good (I log daily mileage and have driven multiple long road trips with kids). It is easy to use the gearbox to enhance power and control. I wanted AWD and a fold down rear seat. XLE Limited is too much luxury as the most beneficial features are available on lower priced models. The fold down rear seat and especially the AWD are terrific. Don't care for a fixed nav system but back up camera is sometimes useful. Leather seats a must. Gas mileage is 19-20 everywhere. White color stays cleaner looking longer

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.