Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Not expected Toyota quality
By dragonsssix

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been close to 5 years (just hit 100K miles) and worked fine until now.
Automatic sliding door is not working (won't close/open); I have to pull to make automatic door slides which is very inconvenient.
I did not expect to have this kind of build quality from Toyota.

7 passenger van that can haul people with comfort.

Best van I've ever purchased!
By mmcnamara

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been a fantastic vehicle for almost seven years, ferrying our family from the Atlantic to the Pacific without fail. The 3.3 seems stronger than the 215 hp rating, and the mileage is consistently 20 mpg in town, and 26 mpg regularly on the highway. In 114K miles, I've done 2 front brake jobs, 3 sets of tires, 1 timing belt service, 2 top-offs of the A/C system for a slow leak,and a shock that was replaced under warranty at 38K - that's it. In thirty years of owning vehicles, both domestic and imported, the Sienna has been the most trouble-free of all of them.

The interior is very comfortable, with higher quality materials than the newer generation of Sienna. The audio system is decent, although I'm no audiophile. The A/C works well as long as it's topped up (which it is 95% of the time), and the heat and defrost functions are great as well. And the headlights- they're awesome! (As I've gotten older this has become decidely more important.) With regards to the exterior, the paint quality has been excellent, and the rubber seals and trim all seem to be holding up well. The driving experience is good for what it is, with excellent acceleration and fairly good brakes, and handling that is about what you'd expect- remember, it's a van, folks.

I'd like to see a whole lot more sound-proofing, but all minivans seem to suffer from this due to the aerodynamics. My trim level (LE) doesn't have traction control, and it should probably be standard- no kidding. Even with new tires, the motor is strong enough to spin 'em from a dead start easily. (Not to scare people off, it's more of an annoyance- winter driving is still acceptable, and I'm sure shoeing the van with dedicated snow tires would markedly improve things). Other improvements I'd like to see? How about more interior colors that are real colors, not just mouse fur gray or bland beige - I'd love to see blues or reds. Also, standard power seats would be nice.

Average Mini Van
By tcle2001

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2006 CE 7 passanger Sienna new.
The vehicle now has 160,000 kms.
The vehicle had some early issues.
The air bag light came on and took 2 years to resolve.
Had to fight Toyota and dealer all the way.
Finally replaced main wiring harness.
Also had to replace drivers door (yes the whole door) due to broken hinges.
All covered by Toyota.
Other than that the vehicle has been good.
It has plenty of power and is comfortable on long trips.
My van is a box stock CE.
From what I hear people with the fancy ones have more problems.

Comfortable on long trips. Good power.

An outside air thermometer would be nice. Toyota needs to learn about Customer Service.

Cracked dash board
By brie888

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has always been garage kept, low miles, used by a stay at home mom. My dash board has cracked from passenger side all the way to the driver side. Also, the car has never been wrecked. Contacted Toyota - typical response - out of warranty then we can't help you.

It's kinda funny, because my husband just bought a Sequoia. Hubby thought maybe we will replace my car with another Toyota since dealer was negotiating. My repsponse was I won't own another Toyota!

None

Stand behind your product and acknowledge you have defective parts.

Sienna Poor Quality
By stigsgal

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Unfortunately, I have to say that after 6 years my Sienna XLE is falling apart around me.
All the trim inside the vehicle have or are in process of breaking.
The CD player stopped working when the car was 4 years old, the radio goes in and out when it rains or doesn't work at all.

The brakes had to be replaced at 38,000 miles, belts replaced, tires OHHH the Run Flat saga.
I have never had more flat tires than with the run flats (ironically enough).

I personally can not recommend this vehicle to anyone and after a lifetime of owning and driving Toyotas I will not be purchasing another one.
Another car company that forgot what made them great.
So Sad.

None

Put the quality back into your product.