Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Average Mini Van
By tcle2001

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2006 CE 7 passanger Sienna new. The vehicle now has 160,000 kms. The vehicle had some early issues. The air bag light came on and took 2 years to resolve. Had to fight Toyota and dealer all the way. Finally replaced main wiring harness. Also had to replace drivers door (yes the whole door) due to broken hinges. All covered by Toyota. Other than that the vehicle has been good. It has plenty of power and is comfortable on long trips. My van is a box stock CE. From what I hear people with the fancy ones have more problems.

Comfortable on long trips. Good power.

An outside air thermometer would be nice. Toyota needs to learn about Customer Service.

Cracked dash board
By brie888

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has always been garage kept, low miles, used by a stay at home mom. My dash board has cracked from passenger side all the way to the driver side. Also, the car has never been wrecked. Contacted Toyota - typical response - out of warranty then we can't help you. It's kinda funny, because my husband just bought a Sequoia. Hubby thought maybe we will replace my car with another Toyota since dealer was negotiating. My repsponse was I won't own another Toyota!

None

Stand behind your product and acknowledge you have defective parts.

Sienna Poor Quality
By stigsgal

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Unfortunately, I have to say that after 6 years my Sienna XLE is falling apart around me. All the trim inside the vehicle have or are in process of breaking. The CD player stopped working when the car was 4 years old, the radio goes in and out when it rains or doesn't work at all. The brakes had to be replaced at 38,000 miles, belts replaced, tires OHHH the Run Flat saga. I have never had more flat tires than with the run flats (ironically enough). I personally can not recommend this vehicle to anyone and after a lifetime of owning and driving Toyotas I will not be purchasing another one. Another car company that forgot what made them great. So Sad.

None

Put the quality back into your product.

Expensive to own
By cgermain

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Sienna new and have had many electronic issues. Radio went out within the first week, followed by airbag sensors. The brakes had to be replaced at 30k. I have 93k and have had the tires replaced three times. This van is a great driving vehicle but it is simply too expensive to maintain. Now my AC has gone out for a 2nd time. It was a $1200 bill the first time and I am praying it will be covered for this repair. I will never own another Toyota and my Sienna will be gone soon. Going American all the way from now on.

Cargo Capacity, drives great

All electronics, wears out tires and brakes too easily

Great Van
By angelaj1

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van. My only complaint is the tires, but the guy at Discount Tires explained to me that it is because the van is very front heavy. The back tires do fine. I have had to replace the tires on the front 3 times, and I am getting ready to replace the tires on the front. When I replace the move the older tires to the fron. and put the new ones on the back. So, so I will be on my 3rd set of tires. Other than that no complaint. We love it for road trips

Read dual DVD for kids, and heated seats for mom and dad.