2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
great van , has its ups and downs
By danlee4 on 09/27/11 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned both 04 and 06 sienna Le model. 04 model had numerous issues with a/c and for 06 it got a minor face lift so we sold it with only 20k miles of use. The 06 le was perfect, had 40k miles of use, mechanically perfect, never had issue with brakes, engine, axles,trans, doors like most other people are complaining about. we averaged 22 mpg in its entire life, mixed city/hwy use. Honestly brakes are still had over 70% life left. My only gripe was it had a noisy acceleration, it likes to rev low, great for gas mileage, and provides a super quiet in cruising mode. It does shop for gears if you have it on cruise control especially climbing gears, so I just take it out of cruise.

Not Toyota Quality
By daddio1 on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Sienna after my Caravan died 4 years ago. I hate to say that this Sienna has been worse maintenance- wise than my Caravan. I'm on my third set of brakes, my power door locks have all been replaced and my A/C compressor went out twice. Every time I take it in to have the power door locks fixed they look get this look on their faces like it's the first time they've ever seen the problem although a friend of mine who works at a Toyota dealership told me it's been a fleet wide problem for years to include the same 4 Lexus door locks I've had replaced. Now my left CV joint is clanking. The staff at the dealership acts like they work at Rolls Royce or something. Frustrating.

2006 Sienna
By David Skipworth on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very unhappy with this vehicle. Have less than 70k on this car and already on 3rd set of tires. Rear door hold opens have failed and they cost nearly $300, and now the A/C compressor is out. New part is more than $1,000. Transmission has always shifted sluggish and the fuel tank is too small for the fuel economy of this vehicle. This car is a money pit. It just stays parked most of the time now. I hate it!

Toyota quality no more
By Mark on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned several Toyota vehicles dating back to the 70's, I am truly disappointed in the recent quality of their vehicles. Brakes wear prematurely, CV joints are bad, and automatic sliding door went out. All before 50,000 miles. And of course, all of these repairs are very expensive. No more Toyotas in my future.

Never again!
By cert963 on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A lot of repairs due to everyday use, parts and labor at dealer very expensive. Build with very cheap materials that break unusually fast dealer and Toyota will blame you for anything that you touched or used on the vehicle even the radio that you listen to is your fault. My first and believe me last Toyota to buy. Happy with my other Nissan and infinity trucks that I own for far more years of service and far less problems!

Too expensive to maintain
By Dave in CT on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace 1st set of runflat tires at 23K miles ($600+). New brake pads and rotors turned at 40K miles. The "alloy" wheels are peeling. Will soon need to replace the second set of runflat tires @ 47K miles. I would put regular tires on it if there was a place for a spare. Not the quality I expected when I purchased it, first Toyota purchased and probably the last.

I like the odessey better
By Julie on 08/28/10 10:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had purchased a used Odyssey with leather seats and dvd and I loved it but found out it had been crashed and not fixed right so we went back to the dealer and we traded it in for the sienna. I hate the seats, you lean back to rest and it is like laying on a brick, we have 80,000 miles and the a/c is acting up. The cd player and radio for the last 10,000 miles has been very strange some days you cant see any of the words on the radio and then it just stops working then it will work then stop again later. The one thing I noticed is when I accelerate it shifts hard and almost has a jerking noise. It has been really reliable that I am thankful for.

Toyota Needs a Compass
By losttheirway on 08/08/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota needs a compass because they have lost their way. I have owned other Toyotas and they never needed more than maintenance items. Not so with my Sienna. After only 4 years the front air conditioning failed. Then the passenger side sliding door failed. I was upset that it had broken, but thought it would take a $100-$200 part to get the problem fixed. Was I ever wrong. Toyota charges $1,100 just for the part and no company makes an after- market part! You have to take the door completely off the car to fix it. With the old Toyota it wouldn't have failed, but if it did it would have been simple to fix and the part wouldn't have cost so much. I won't be buying another Toyota.

2006 Sienna
By Gym Shortz on 07/28/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our van for about 4 years now. We got the 8 passenger model to accommodate our family of 4 and if needed another family of 4. That has worked out superb. The only drawback is the lack of armrests in the middle row had we gone with the 7 passenger model. We put aftermarket leather (well worth It) and all weather mats (we bought mfr, but there are other good mats at a better value). The van has a ton of power and I've never felt like I'm driving a van, I like the ride and the 12 cup/bottle holders around the van. Automatic door on passengers side only is nice but not necessary. Maintenance has been minimal LOF and milestones, no issues. Got new tires at 55K miles.

Build Quality questionable
By Valerie on 07/19/10 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Decent vehicle as far as Minivans are concerned. But build quality is in question. Minor rattles (Dealer said it was normal). My sliding door motor crapped out after 6 months. Then when it was replaced I can hear it straining to close now. In 2008 I drove my cousin's Odyssey for a month and was very very impressed with it. It looked better inside, seemed to have functionality that suited my needs and definitely handled better. My husband actually enjoyed driving a van (he didn't like driving the Sienna) I'll be switching over to the Odyssey if I ever buy a Van again. I won't be buying any more Toyota due to the accelerator issue fiasco. I'm afraid the same issue will hit Siennas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.