Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Excellent Mini-van
By Yogen

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I should say, it has an EXCELLENT turning radius. I used to drive my small scion xA but observed no difference in handling Sienna while turning. Next thing I should say,it has an EXCELLENT tight steering control. I love it, really LOVE it. It gives confidence to the drivers while driving a mini-van like this. Quiet engine. Nice roomy interior with sufficient compartments. Good rear view when you look over your shoulder while crossing the lanes. Good value if you want to settle with a single car for a long time. I was (am) worrying about its tire as few people in this forum is complaining. I yet to see for it. I yet to see its fuel efficiency (I believe it may not be worse).

Favorite Features

Turning radius, tight steering control, exterior look, rear telescopic mirror.

Not a minivan gal till now
By lisa

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have the Sienna LE AWD. My mileage is not the best compared to the LE, but I also take my van places most don't attempt. Having AWD I feel much more comfortable with my son's friends and their moms out in the woods, or in the snow, or on sand!! It's smooth, fun and safe to drive. I was disappointed with the fact that there was not any bargaining room with the cost - I was told that only the LE, I could have bargained with. I went from driving small cars to now a vehicle I swore I'd never drive (minivan). I love it, and my son really does. And gosh - he's now extremely safe. Thank you Toyota.

Favorite Features

Room, room, room. Ease of converting the seating arrangements.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice that some of the bells and whistles that other vans offer would be on the LE. Examples: navigation, DVD, and mostly, an OnStar type service.

best van around
By susan c.

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

after doing a month of research,checking safety features , prices, i came up with the sienna, cheaper than the overpriced oddessy, and reliability as well , my brother is a service manager for toyota, and also had good things to say about this veichle.i find the ride superb, and the interior features attractive, lots of space, overall very satisfied with my sienna.

Favorite Features

ipod capability, 6 c.d changer, controls of c.d. ipod, radio on steering wheel, titanium interior trim, auto. sliding door.

Suggested Improvements

cruise control should be a button located on steering wheel instead of a lever

Solid car but torture to drive
By Dalpine

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The lack of support in driver's seat combined with pronounced leaning into turns can result in chronic back problems. The pain is not lessened by the lumbar that feels like a football in your back. Fuel mileage extremely poor. I regret buying it.

Favorite Features

Slightly reclining rear bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Supportive, comfortable front seats with armrests for adults. It's the difference between loving and hating a car.

Almost Perfect
By Bob

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a sleek great looking Van! It's very comfortable to drive, have been on 2 trips FL/NY and was very pleased. The Navigation System is good, not as good as in my Infinity M, but does the job. The rear camera, blue tooth, folding RV Mirrors, storage, cup holders etc. are very well thought out and functional. Was dissapointed with the gas milege (16.5MPG overall), and performance. Also, fold down 2nd row seats,as in the Chrysler Town & Country Van, would be a big plus. I removed them for our trips and that was a chore to say the least. Passenger seat s/b at least 6/way adjustable, for the price. Was not too comforable riding shotgun for a few hrs when wife took over the wheel.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Nav System, Storage, Looks, Fit& Finish inside & out, folding RV mirrors, great ride,, quiet, Lexus quaility.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down 2nd row seats, Improve MPG, Improve performance.