Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Awesome Vehicle, great family fun
By Irobbig

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 98 ford Windstar and man did I have a great surprise! This car is awesome, versatile and capable. The stereo is excellent, ride is like a car and best of all, I paid less for the Sienna than what I paid in 1998! Bought it before the summer vacation, put on a hitch and airbags in the suspension. Towed small trailer for 2000 miles to date and it works great, 6 adults, no problem, lots of gear, no problem. This is the most silent car I've driven so far, beats the euro cars hands down. My only complaint is that I could not get the electric 8 way chair and I am 6'4" so the driving position is OK, not great, but that is the only thing I can complain about!

Favorite Features

MP3 hookup. Std. features like home link and power rear windows. Adjustable middle seats and reclining rear seat(!), and steering wheel controls. The kids love the music in the car from the iPod!

Suggested Improvements

All panels better scratch resistance (kids & bikes in the garage etc.). 8 way chair availability. Cup holders that are upright for cups not bottles. Nitty gritty stuff that does make a small difference but not change my mind on the car.

DO NOT BUY
By skier

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worst vehicle i have ever owned. My wife really wanted it so we leased one for three years. Thank goodness I did not buy it. I can't wait to turn it in. The Run flat tires left me and my family (young kids) stranded. Had a blowout in the runflat you could stick a baseball through. I don't think that is to safe. The transmission does not shift smoothly and the dealer keeps saying it works properly. The gas mileage in terrible. 17.5 mpg is the average that we get for combined driving. We did get 18.1 on a 1000 mile all interstate drive this summer. Do not buy this junk.

Favorite Features

Sliding door nice with young child.

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list.

Glad we got it !
By John

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a XLE with # 8 package (DVD, NAV, etc...) and could not be happier. Looked at all of the usual suspects. I love everything about this van. the interior oozes quality. Fit and finish are superb. Performance is as expected for a vehicle of this size. I am impressed with initial fuel mileage. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota!!

Favorite Features

DVD, NAV and power outside mirrors are great toys, but the quietness when driving is unsurpassed in this segment. plenty of room for the kids and all of our stuff. Do not let someone tell you to wait for the new V-6. The engine is plenty powerful even loaded and with AC on.

Suggested Improvements

Power pedals, trip computer could have a few more functions.

No Soccer Moms Here
By K48paw

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When my wife and I were looking to replace her Ford station wagon she was determined to buy a small SUV. Being used to the space in the wagon all the mid-sized SUV's we looked at seemed too small to hold the kids/dogs/groceries/SOCCER. We looked at the Sienna. Wow what a differnce. It even blows away the space we had in the wagon, and has so many little extras it took us about a week after we had the van to find them all. The ride is great, quiet and all the safety features are hard to match in a mid-sized SUV. My wife never thought she would own a van (she loves sports cars) so the deal maker was I agreed to add a sun roof.

Favorite Features

The seating plan features, the way the third row disappears, and the second row can be manipulated is impressive. The instrumentation is great, and the power door and home link just add to the vans appeal.

Suggested Improvements

The side mirrors are huge. We have to fold them in to get the van in the garage. Making them power collapsing would be nice.

'06 Sienna
By Breslau

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I have been pretty satisfied with our new Sienna. The ride is fairly smooth and the engine seems more than adequate. If I can trust the onboard computer, the gas mileage has been what I expected. We were actually averaging above the stated MPG on the sticker on a recent trip to the NC Outer Banks. For those who complain that the Sienna leans more in the curves than a similar Honda... well, one shouldn't expect a vehicle of this size to handle like a sedan. After all, it's a van!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, ease of handling (doesn't take a lot of effort to manuever the car), cargo space with the rear seats down, heated outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

If it were possible, improve the rear side visibility. Coming from a compact, I found it easier to merge in and out of lanes than with the van... but that may just be the nature of the beast.