2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Does it all...
By jgoff on 01/06/06 23:43 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking to replace the 1996 MT Car of the Year which was the Dodge Grand Caravan. After having that vehicle, we didn't think we could do without a van. Our '2006 Sienna LE AWD does everything our old van did, plus it's got AWD traction, and better ground clearance (6.9"). Exterior dimensions are near identical to our old van. Power is similar, but brakes are far superior. Seating versatility is very good, but both vans have their pluses in this regard. The Sienna seemed quieter and a better ride than the Odyssey. Storage and versatility are strong points for this vehicle. Storage is everywhere....even the arm rests! My only concern so far is the run flat tires with no spare.

Impressed
By Nate on 01/05/06 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a Dodge Grand Caravan the total package is so far ahead that it is amazing. The acceleration, handling, fuel economy and comfort put it ahead of it competitiors. The only thing lacking is some sort of second row in floor storage (handy for storing the kids stuff). With less than 1,000 miles on it we are getting 20-22 mpg in town (in cold Wisconsin Weather) and on our first roadtrip we got 25-26mpg while doing 75-80mph (vast improvements over our dodge). The only complaint is a rattle of some sort just started right above the driver side sliding door.

Great van
By mark on 01/04/06 01:33 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van rocks it has four power windows no other manufacture has and the back wing windows are power but they go out not down, great acceleration, standard 5 speed, get package 2, it come with auto passenger door cruise control universal garage opener with compass and temp, tinted factory glass.10 cup holders 4 bottle holders. Also Its the only van that has eight passagers And its a toyota.

My report on 2006 Sienna LE
By c. fill on 01/03/06 14:32 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because I had a 99 Sienna and was quite pleased with it although it had over 100,000 miles and felt like a new one. However, I have been disappointed in this purchase and wish I had my old Sienna back and repaired what was wrong. The ride on the new '06 is very rough and when I asked about it they said it was the way it is made. Also, the gas mileage is much lower than I expected. So far only getting 16 mile per gallon in city. So with the rough ride and the low gas mileage it has been a disappointing experience considering the price. I really expected a much nicer ride and nicer vehicle all around and feel like it is not.

My First Mini Van and I Love It
By John on 12/31/05 15:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride and good handling. I have it loaded with all the features and it is Lexus like. It has more features than my 04 BMW 530i.

Happy but Expected Better Performance
By Harriet from Texas on 12/30/05 05:29 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bodystyle=fabulous. Interior luxury=Lexus. Love flexibility of fold down rear seats & seat configurations. Automatic side & rear doors=priceless. Sound system=awesome w/ great source options. Absolutely agree- needs front cntrl of DVD player. Want to use it w/little kids, have to stop car & climb back. Very disappointed w/ power of engine - has to upshift on slightest hill @ avg wghts-& fuel economy=16.4 mpg @ 50/50 driving. Front psngr seat=very uncomfortable-only 4way- very short& it feels like I’m going to fall out of it; I am only 5’6”. Have not taken it for a long trip-I don’t see being able to sit in the passenger seat for > 1 hr. Back seats=great. Overall=happy but for price- should be thrilled.

Premier Minivan
By Stu on 12/26/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Even allowing for the "new car euphoria" the Sienna just performs well in almost all respects. My wife is very impressed, and to her a car is usually just a car. Great ride, lots of nice features, and the gas mileage is acceptable for a vehicle this size and weight.

May be my favorite vehicle yet!
By Lynnie on 12/25/05 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my 2006 Sienna for three days but already LOVE IT! I traded in a 2002 Acura MDX that I loved so was worried going to a "van" again. (Owned a Chrysler Sport Mini-Van back in 1996) We own a Lexus GX (our third Lexus SUV) and our new Sienna is SO much like our Lexus in it's quality, features and feel. We have five kids with LOTS of stuff so having all the extra room throughout this van is a dream. The sound system (JBL) is honestly the best of any car we've owned! (Lexus, Saab, Audi, Infiniti, Jeep, Chrysler) And although the MDX Navigation System was wonderful, the Navigation system in the Sienna is fast becoming my favorite as well.

Fun New Ride!
By OutWhit on 12/23/05 15:53 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've upgraded from a 2001 Sienna XLE and boy are the improvements great! Quiet ride with better storage areas than my old version. The Sienna is now boxier which gives a much larger interior space. My kids love the power tilt chairs in the 3rd row. Can't get them to sit in the middle row very often. Liked the AWD, but didn't get it due to the lack of a spare and the run- flat tires are EXPENSIVE to replace and apparently wear out fairly fast.

Great Minivan
By dinva on 12/22/05 15:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just switched from a Dodge Grand Caravan and am very pleased with the performance and handeling of the Sienna. The interior is very comfortable and roomy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.