2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sort Reviews by

Does it all...
By jgoff

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking to replace the 1996 MT Car of the Year which was the Dodge Grand Caravan. After having that vehicle, we didn't think we could do without a van. Our '2006 Sienna LE AWD does everything our old van did, plus it's got AWD traction, and better ground clearance (6.9"). Exterior dimensions are near identical to our old van. Power is similar, but brakes are far superior. Seating versatility is very good, but both vans have their pluses in this regard. The Sienna seemed quieter and a better ride than the Odyssey. Storage and versatility are strong points for this vehicle. Storage is everywhere....even the arm rests! My only concern so far is the run flat tires with no spare.

Favorite Features

One handed drop down rear seats, fabulous finish, and versatility. This one vehicle can replace your car with better comfort, and can offer truck like versatility with the ability to carry 4 x 8 material. The AWD includes traction control, and vehicle stability control.

Suggested Improvements

Find a place for a spare in the AWD and return to non run flat tires. We may find they will not be problem, but I've read a lot of negative reviews on the tires.

Impressed
By Nate

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a Dodge Grand Caravan the total package is so far ahead that it is amazing. The acceleration, handling, fuel economy and comfort put it ahead of it competitiors. The only thing lacking is some sort of second row in floor storage (handy for storing the kids stuff). With less than 1,000 miles on it we are getting 20-22 mpg in town (in cold Wisconsin Weather) and on our first roadtrip we got 25-26mpg while doing 75-80mph (vast improvements over our dodge). The only complaint is a rattle of some sort just started right above the driver side sliding door.

Favorite Features

Handling, Fuel economy, Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Second row in floor storage (not necessarily for the seats to fold into).

Great van
By mark

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van rocks it has four power windows no other manufacture has and the back wing windows are power but they go out not down, great acceleration, standard 5 speed, get package 2, it come with auto passenger door cruise control universal garage opener with compass and temp, tinted factory glass.10 cup holders 4 bottle holders. Also Its the only van that has eight passagers And its a toyota.

Favorite Features

All the features are great as long as you at least get the package two if not, I hope you like untinted windows.

Suggested Improvements

Make fog lights as a option since you cant get them from the dealership after you get the van toyota does not offer this option only on more expensive packages and has to be from the factory. you have to buy the fog lights and have an after market place intall them like a radio shop.

My report on 2006 Sienna LE
By c. fill

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because I had a 99 Sienna and was quite pleased with it although it had over 100,000 miles and felt like a new one. However, I have been disappointed in this purchase and wish I had my old Sienna back and repaired what was wrong. The ride on the new '06 is very rough and when I asked about it they said it was the way it is made. Also, the gas mileage is much lower than I expected. So far only getting 16 mile per gallon in city. So with the rough ride and the low gas mileage it has been a disappointing experience considering the price. I really expected a much nicer ride and nicer vehicle all around and feel like it is not.

Favorite Features

I really like the way the transmission shifter is up off the floor and not near the drink holders because the drink holders are always a mess and I hate that mess dripping into the gears. Also I like the little pop-up table in the middle. And, the window washers are much larger than the old Sienna.

Suggested Improvements

Please, please improve the ride. If I wanted a truck, I would have bought a truck. The folding seats are a little tricky getting up or down. Even the salesman had a hard time with that. However, I have mastered it. The space for the driver to get in is somewhat hard for me as I have extra long legs.

My First Mini Van and I Love It
By John

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride and good handling. I have it loaded with all the features and it is Lexus like. It has more features than my 04 BMW 530i.

Favorite Features

Electric folding 3rd row seats. Power side doors. Navigation system. Folding side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigation DVD lacks many old and established streets in small towns and citys

Happy but Expected Better Performance
By Harriet from Texas

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bodystyle=fabulous. Interior luxury=Lexus. Love flexibility of fold down rear seats & seat configurations. Automatic side & rear doors=priceless. Sound system=awesome w/ great source options. Absolutely agree- needs front cntrl of DVD player. Want to use it w/little kids, have to stop car & climb back. Very disappointed w/ power of engine - has to upshift on slightest hill @ avg wghts-& fuel economy=16.4 mpg @ 50/50 driving. Front psngr seat=very uncomfortable-only 4way- very short& it feels like Iím going to fall out of it; I am only 5í6Ē. Have not taken it for a long trip-I donít see being able to sit in the passenger seat for > 1 hr. Back seats=great. Overall=happy but for price- should be thrilled.

Favorite Features

Outside look; Inside luxury; Entertainment system performance; power side and rear doors; fold down rear seats; inside configuration choices;

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy! 8-way adj front passenger seat; front DVD controls!; a 6-cylinder engine that only uses 4 unless needed (like the Honda)

Premier Minivan
By Stu

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Even allowing for the "new car euphoria" the Sienna just performs well in almost all respects. My wife is very impressed, and to her a car is usually just a car. Great ride, lots of nice features, and the gas mileage is acceptable for a vehicle this size and weight.

Favorite Features

Great visibility, nice stereo, seats are versatile, lots of nice little convenience features. Very quiet and more than enough power for a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

The OEM Dunlop (conventional) tires are substandard for this vehicle. They are quiet by wear quickly.

May be my favorite vehicle yet!
By Lynnie

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my 2006 Sienna for three days but already LOVE IT! I traded in a 2002 Acura MDX that I loved so was worried going to a "van" again. (Owned a Chrysler Sport Mini-Van back in 1996) We own a Lexus GX (our third Lexus SUV) and our new Sienna is SO much like our Lexus in it's quality, features and feel. We have five kids with LOTS of stuff so having all the extra room throughout this van is a dream. The sound system (JBL) is honestly the best of any car we've owned! (Lexus, Saab, Audi, Infiniti, Jeep, Chrysler) And although the MDX Navigation System was wonderful, the Navigation system in the Sienna is fast becoming my favorite as well.

Favorite Features

Deep storage bins in the rear; JBL Sound Sytem; Entertainment DVD System; Comfortable leather seats throughout; Back-up camera/view when reversing; dual electric sliding doors with functional windows; Sonar; Laser Cruise Control (awesome!!); disappearing third row seating; tons of drink holders;

Suggested Improvements

Factory installed auxillary headrest TVs/DVD players that coordinate with ceiling TV/DVD player; emergency brake override for getting DVD movie screen on Navigation screen up front for front row passenger to be able to view TV while driving; light/battery saver that turns off

Fun New Ride!
By OutWhit

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've upgraded from a 2001 Sienna XLE and boy are the improvements great! Quiet ride with better storage areas than my old version. The Sienna is now boxier which gives a much larger interior space. My kids love the power tilt chairs in the 3rd row. Can't get them to sit in the middle row very often. Liked the AWD, but didn't get it due to the lack of a spare and the run- flat tires are EXPENSIVE to replace and apparently wear out fairly fast.

Favorite Features

Laser cruise control, power 3rd row seats, parking assist, LOVE the auto dimming mirrors and the navigation system is fun. Bluetooth! Rear hatch opener on key chain has proven very useful! The new folding 2nd row seats to reach 3rd row seats is fantastic when carpooling - or to get adults in rear.

Suggested Improvements

There should be an option on the screen in front for driver (or passenger) control of the DVD/entertainment system. Hard to reach to assist those in back. Would be nice to have storage box for headphones/movies between 2nd row seats- to order is over 600! Fuel ecomony slipped slightly form 2001.

Great Minivan
By dinva

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just switched from a Dodge Grand Caravan and am very pleased with the performance and handeling of the Sienna. The interior is very comfortable and roomy.

Favorite Features

Automatic doors, and the power windows on the rear passenger doors. The rear fold down seats aer easy to use. When the seats are not folded down in the back, there is a large storage area for groceries.