Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Good deal
By Mago

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It is fun to drive. However driver's seat (manual) is hard to adjust compared to my Camry power seat.

6 CD changer. Auxilary and MP3 feature.

Power doors, power driver seat, fog lights and autodaylights should be available in LE. Why it is only in XLE which is only 7 seats.

Best Minivan on the Market
By akrika

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I think I bought the best minivan on the market. I compared it to the Honda odyssey and there is no comparison. I have the fully loaded one and I am impressed with the handling. Neither rain nor ice hinders its performance. The DVD and NAV help too.

DVD and NAV.

Run flat tires.

Toyota hits another 'homerun'.
By Ed Gutierrez

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it in 06/06 and could not be happier. Everything works well and we are in the middle of a road trip (1100+ mi.). With 7 passengers and a full load of luggage, we are averaging 22.13 mpg. The van performs well under all conditions and has all the features that we needed and even some that we wanted. No mechanical problems at all. It compares well with other vehicles we tested and better than most. We have 5 children and all have found their favorite spot.

All the cupholders and the storage space is exceptional. Instrument cluster and adj armrests. Sliding door windows retract, unlike some vans that are stationary. Vision for the driver in all directions. Good sound system. Good fuel econ. Quiet engine. Great styling.

None come to mind.

Transmission Leak
By David Yee

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has less than 4000 miles and my transmission is already leaking. It's been in the shop for about a week and I guess it's taking awhile to dismantle everything and then put it together again. Aside from this defect, the van seems to be pretty good. It's quite roomy to the point that I have difficulty getting out of my tight garage. I really like the turning radius on this van. I've been getting about 15 miles/gallon on city driving with 4-5 passengers.

Fold down seats, roomy interior, turning radius.

So far so good
By jk

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this a week back. Only have 300 miles in it. It drives well, although the road noise is pronounced (not what I would have expected from Toyota). The instrument panel is well laid out. However, I have not yet mastered all the buttons. Did not buy AWD based on negative run-flat tire reviews. We got 17.5 mpg (60% highway) so far. We have a 3 yr old, so she does not use the wireless headphone, so all of us have to listen to her DVDs (have not yet figured out how to mute the front speakers). We have two camrys (10 & 12 yrs old) and this is our third toyota, based on our experience with toyota reliability. Did take the extended warranty based on the pervasiveness of electrical systems

Backup camera. Collision detection as you park. Navigation system. Bluetooth (have not used it yet). Power options (esp in the folding third row seats). Folding mirrors (useful while getting in the garage).

Road noise is noticeable. Arm rests are not comfortable. Interior plastic in the dashboard can be better.