2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
After BMWs & Saabs, I didn't expect to love this van
By anthony94114 on 12/27/13 03:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving. Always have. When, professionally my hauling needs exceeded the Saab and BMW wagons I've had, I hunted for a van. Ultimately, the combo of power folding mirrors, gated shifting, sunroof and no run-flats was what sold me. Not passion. I just needed those things to be content. I found a CPO 40,000 mile XLE that had been well taken care of. Then I added a Diamond Certified Toyota warranty when I found out they were pretty cheap. It was a total surprise to realize this rig is a great driver. You have to shift it manually to really use the transmission best, both for accelleration and braking but carving HWY 1 in rural Marin County is a blast. at 125k now, it's still super.

Cracked dash board
By brie888 on 08/11/12 09:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has always been garage kept, low miles, used by a stay at home mom. My dash board has cracked from passenger side all the way to the driver side. Also, the car has never been wrecked. Contacted Toyota - typical response - out of warranty then we can't help you. It's kinda funny, because my husband just bought a Sequoia. Hubby thought maybe we will replace my car with another Toyota since dealer was negotiating. My repsponse was I won't own another Toyota!

Toyota quality no more
By Mark on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned several Toyota vehicles dating back to the 70's, I am truly disappointed in the recent quality of their vehicles. Brakes wear prematurely, CV joints are bad, and automatic sliding door went out. All before 50,000 miles. And of course, all of these repairs are very expensive. No more Toyotas in my future.

Toyota Needs a Compass
By losttheirway on 08/08/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota needs a compass because they have lost their way. I have owned other Toyotas and they never needed more than maintenance items. Not so with my Sienna. After only 4 years the front air conditioning failed. Then the passenger side sliding door failed. I was upset that it had broken, but thought it would take a $100-$200 part to get the problem fixed. Was I ever wrong. Toyota charges $1,100 just for the part and no company makes an after- market part! You have to take the door completely off the car to fix it. With the old Toyota it wouldn't have failed, but if it did it would have been simple to fix and the part wouldn't have cost so much. I won't be buying another Toyota.

No big issues - but won't buy again
By Boston Driver on 07/13/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife who swore she would never want a minivan. She likes the car, but I'm not crazy about it. Mileage averages 19 .. i never expected 30, but 23-24 seemed reasonable. The engine seems underpowered or else the transmission is just plain shifting at the wrong times (i shouldn't have to floor it to maintain 70 mph on a minor incline). Otherwise just plain feels like I'm driving a couch

Too Many Problems!
By swimmingturtle on 11/12/09 07:07 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the sienna for 3 years now and absolutely hate it. I have never gotten better than 20 mpg highway. There have been numerous electrical problems. The stereo stops working randomly and kicks out cds. The rear a/c-heat controls do not funtion all the time. Only one of the power outlets works. The front floor vents were not functioning, found out they were blocked. The leather on the seats shows severe rubbing from the seat belt. The paint is poor quality. When I accelerate the van jerks. Dealer said this is normal. The seats are extremely uncomfortable for rides over 30 miles. The tires had to be replaced at 15,000 miles, not run flats. Did I get a lemon or are others just awed by the options?

Sienna 06
By AmberH on 09/24/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the van. Drives great looks great. Comfortable for everyone that rides in it. Yes even if you are in the back. Quiet and smooth. Gotta love it.

Sienna is nice, but Sequoia cooler
By PSSCS on 05/16/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2006 Sienna in May 2006 to help accommodate and transport our growing family. It seemed like the logical solution for a growing family. Minivans are comfortable, and relatively stylish, and supposed to have reasonable fuel economy, right? - but more on that later. We did the usual comparison between the Odyssey and the Sienna. We liked both, but felt that the Sienna was more refined and had a few more amenities. If the Odyssey had a telescoping steering wheel avalable in 2006, we would have bought that, but my wife found that the steering wheel was too far away at her seated driving position. Very refined. Comfortable road handling. Quiet.

Nice Ride
By Matt and Malia's Dad on 07/01/07 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 5 months and 7500 miles of driving, I have a pretty good feel for the Sienna. It's a nice ride! After several trips to Las Vegas from LA fully loaded, it didn't even break a sweat going up the Baker grade, even with the AC going. The real test of a nice ride is how you feel after a long drive and I never felt any fatigue at all. It's very roomy inside. Able to throw lots of people and gear inside with room to spare.

Love Our Sienna!
By Dave on 12/30/06 15:45 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had to turn in my company vehicle which was a Ford Freestar and couldn't get another one so we needed a van. Once you have one you can't live without it, I found, very much to my surprise. So we traded my wife's Camry Solara for a Toyota Sienna (her idea!). We tried out a Honda EX-L (Very close competitor, better back seat, but bumpier ride.) and the Hyundai Entourage (Watch out Toyota and Honda, these guys mean business, great van at a great price, better ride than the Honda). It rides like a luxury car. The interior is extremely comfortable. Heated seats, MP3 capable stereo, aux jack, power doors, storage, reconfig options, all great. We bought it to last 10 years and I bet it does.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.