2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love My Sienna
By sienna_06 on 03/10/14 09:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am writing this review in March of 2014. I've owned my Sienna since it was new. I now have over 250,000 miles on my van. It has given me little problem over the years. I purchase 90,000 mile/warranty Michelin tires, and they usually wear unevenly and need replacing before they hit 50,000. This is with regular alignments & tire rotations done at the same time I have the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Other than this, the van has given me little problem. I've been very happy with my van

Expensive to own
By cgermain on 03/13/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Sienna new and have had many electronic issues. Radio went out within the first week, followed by airbag sensors. The brakes had to be replaced at 30k. I have 93k and have had the tires replaced three times. This van is a great driving vehicle but it is simply too expensive to maintain. Now my AC has gone out for a 2nd time. It was a $1200 bill the first time and I am praying it will be covered for this repair. I will never own another Toyota and my Sienna will be gone soon. Going American all the way from now on.

2006 Sienna
By Gym Shortz on 07/28/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our van for about 4 years now. We got the 8 passenger model to accommodate our family of 4 and if needed another family of 4. That has worked out superb. The only drawback is the lack of armrests in the middle row had we gone with the 7 passenger model. We put aftermarket leather (well worth It) and all weather mats (we bought mfr, but there are other good mats at a better value). The van has a ton of power and I've never felt like I'm driving a van, I like the ride and the 12 cup/bottle holders around the van. Automatic door on passengers side only is nice but not necessary. Maintenance has been minimal LOF and milestones, no issues. Got new tires at 55K miles.

Build Quality questionable
By Valerie on 07/19/10 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Decent vehicle as far as Minivans are concerned. But build quality is in question. Minor rattles (Dealer said it was normal). My sliding door motor crapped out after 6 months. Then when it was replaced I can hear it straining to close now. In 2008 I drove my cousin's Odyssey for a month and was very very impressed with it. It looked better inside, seemed to have functionality that suited my needs and definitely handled better. My husband actually enjoyed driving a van (he didn't like driving the Sienna) I'll be switching over to the Odyssey if I ever buy a Van again. I won't be buying any more Toyota due to the accelerator issue fiasco. I'm afraid the same issue will hit Siennas.

DVD system is a nightmare
By elizabeth on 08/06/08 23:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van after renting the sienna many times for road trips. reasons are obvious: reliable, roomy, user friendly and super duper cargo friendly! We have really enjoyed the van and it has made our lives much easier. We do not care for the DVD system. It is controlled from the back only. Our children are small and are in booster seats which means we must stop the car to load/unload movies and start them. BIG PAIN in the neck. Somebody please tell Toyota to make it possible to load from the front seat, possibly by the stereo.

Never wanted a Mini, but love it.
By JDAD on 04/13/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

You don't get much better than the Sienna. I have about 20000 miles on it now and it's as tight as the day I bought it. I can get 26 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg pulling my popup camper.

Sienna transmission problem
By houston, tx on 04/25/07 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2 major problems within 1600 miles: A. Side airbag defect due to exposed wires. Driver seat had to be replaced B. Transmission failed while merging on the freeway - almost got rear-ended. Was very lucky to survive. Don't buy into Toyota's hype. This is my last toyota!

Smooth ride
By mj23cantona on 03/23/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far, so good, great for road trips or everyday use, it's my wife's but I drive it on weekends, it's better than the truck for family outings. Drives like a sedan or better, lots of room, it can be configured to accommodate any combination of passengers and load. Add adequate power and a sleek design, and you got the full package.

Luv my Van!
By Kate on 02/27/07 06:28 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love having such a safe vehicle. I wasn't in the market per se for a van but the safety ratings sold me. I have a small child and her well-being is #1. I also was very impressed w/ the vans handling in the snow. My van out performed my husbands Silverado 1500! We were both in shock. Overall my van is safe, beautiful and reliable. I know it will last me far beyond my car payments. If you don't mind the initial teasing of being called a soccer mom, this is the vehicle to have.

Great Vehicle, Good Price, Poor Stereo
By David Williams on 02/12/07 20:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Sienna six months ago and I'm very impressed with the vehicle. It has a very nice interior with and 8 full size seats. The only minivan with three full size seats in the second row. The center second row adjustable seat is great for infants in car seats. The trunk can adequately handle the luggage for eight passengers. The engine is powerful and smooth. The stereo system sounds very basic and inadequate for such and excellent vehicle. The ride is quite and smooth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.