Used 2006 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Transmission Leak
By David Yee

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has less than 4000 miles and my transmission is already leaking. It's been in the shop for about a week and I guess it's taking awhile to dismantle everything and then put it together again. Aside from this defect, the van seems to be pretty good. It's quite roomy to the point that I have difficulty getting out of my tight garage. I really like the turning radius on this van. I've been getting about 15 miles/gallon on city driving with 4-5 passengers.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats, roomy interior, turning radius.

Best Daycare Mini Van
By Best Daycare Ride

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a Sienna Mini Van for my in home daycare business. I really love the space, 6 cd changer, rear air control where the back seat riders can control, controls on the steering wheel, compass, temp reading for the outside, just there is nothing bad about this van. The only things I would just like to see change is two automatic door openings for the CE, and a few of my friends and my husband says when there a passenger and we turn left it feels like there is to much body roll. Other than those two things, I really give this a 5 star rating.

Favorite Features

space, 6 cd changer, rear air control where the back seat riders can control, controls on the steering wheel, compass, temp reading for the outside.

Suggested Improvements

feels like there is to much body roll two automatic door openings for the CE

Great van
By Bill

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Sienna to replace a 1998 Caravan. Looked at the Odyssey too but my wife like the drive and feel of the Sienna better. The price was a little bit lower too. We are very happy with this van. The kids love it! I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

With no additional features except tinted windows this van is everything we need. The ride is comfortable, performance outstanding and the fold in the floor seats are great. Very easy to move even for my wife and young daughter. Controls are easy to reach and display is clear and well lit.

Suggested Improvements

The power passenger side sliding door should be standard.

Toyota Sienna 2005 CE FWD Review
By Gilles Tremblay

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is quiet. The handling is OK. The acceleration is among the best in its class, if not the best. Beats any Honda in the 0-60, even with 25hp less. Downside are the braking system (i have change twice the front brakes in about 20000 miles (about 30000Km here in Canada)), and the Dunlop tires are cheap: be prepare to change them very soon, if you dont want to use your spare tire (happened twice) ! The rest is very solid. I highly recommend this van.

Favorite Features

Good engine. Good ride. A lot of space. If engine could get more horses, this van would rocks !

Suggested Improvements

Betting Braking system. Better tires. A 3.5 liter 280hp engine (borrowed from Lexus).