Used 2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Average Mini Van
By tcle2001

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2006 CE 7 passanger Sienna new. The vehicle now has 160,000 kms. The vehicle had some early issues. The air bag light came on and took 2 years to resolve. Had to fight Toyota and dealer all the way. Finally replaced main wiring harness. Also had to replace drivers door (yes the whole door) due to broken hinges. All covered by Toyota. Other than that the vehicle has been good. It has plenty of power and is comfortable on long trips. My van is a box stock CE. From what I hear people with the fancy ones have more problems.

Favorite Features

Comfortable on long trips. Good power.

Suggested Improvements

An outside air thermometer would be nice. Toyota needs to learn about Customer Service.

So far we like it
By Ray

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it in Nov 2006. Two years is too short a period to rate but so far we really like this minivan. We had check engine light once but at dealership they told us that we accidentally cut a wire under the seat and they fixed it for free.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, a lots of space, dashboard look.

Suggested Improvements

Wires under the front seats should be better protected.

Fun to drive
By DGJ

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Toyota Sienna after we compared it side by side to a Honda Odyssey. Basically, we like the ride of the Sienna more. It feels like a car, we thought the Honda rode like a truck. It is spacious, comfortable - even on the third row and has all the features that Honda has but more options for the same money. I would highly recommend the Sienna.

Favorite Features

The ride. It is an absolute joy to drive. The other thing I love is its agility. You don't feel like you are driving a van, but a car.

Suggested Improvements

Not make the power doors such an expensive upgrade.

Toyota hits another 'homerun'.
By Ed Gutierrez

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it in 06/06 and could not be happier. Everything works well and we are in the middle of a road trip (1100+ mi.). With 7 passengers and a full load of luggage, we are averaging 22.13 mpg. The van performs well under all conditions and has all the features that we needed and even some that we wanted. No mechanical problems at all. It compares well with other vehicles we tested and better than most. We have 5 children and all have found their favorite spot.

Favorite Features

All the cupholders and the storage space is exceptional. Instrument cluster and adj armrests. Sliding door windows retract, unlike some vans that are stationary. Vision for the driver in all directions. Good sound system. Good fuel econ. Quiet engine. Great styling.

Suggested Improvements

None come to mind.

Excellent Mini-van
By Yogen

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I should say, it has an EXCELLENT turning radius. I used to drive my small scion xA but observed no difference in handling Sienna while turning. Next thing I should say,it has an EXCELLENT tight steering control. I love it, really LOVE it. It gives confidence to the drivers while driving a mini-van like this. Quiet engine. Nice roomy interior with sufficient compartments. Good rear view when you look over your shoulder while crossing the lanes. Good value if you want to settle with a single car for a long time. I was (am) worrying about its tire as few people in this forum is complaining. I yet to see for it. I yet to see its fuel efficiency (I believe it may not be worse).

Favorite Features

Turning radius, tight steering control, exterior look, rear telescopic mirror.