2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Average Mini Van
By tcle2001 on 09/26/12 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2006 CE 7 passanger Sienna new. The vehicle now has 160,000 kms. The vehicle had some early issues. The air bag light came on and took 2 years to resolve. Had to fight Toyota and dealer all the way. Finally replaced main wiring harness. Also had to replace drivers door (yes the whole door) due to broken hinges. All covered by Toyota. Other than that the vehicle has been good. It has plenty of power and is comfortable on long trips. My van is a box stock CE. From what I hear people with the fancy ones have more problems.

So far we like it
By Ray on 07/23/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it in Nov 2006. Two years is too short a period to rate but so far we really like this minivan. We had check engine light once but at dealership they told us that we accidentally cut a wire under the seat and they fixed it for free.

Fun to drive
By DGJ on 03/22/07 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Toyota Sienna after we compared it side by side to a Honda Odyssey. Basically, we like the ride of the Sienna more. It feels like a car, we thought the Honda rode like a truck. It is spacious, comfortable - even on the third row and has all the features that Honda has but more options for the same money. I would highly recommend the Sienna.

Toyota hits another 'homerun'.
By Ed Gutierrez on 12/24/06 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it in 06/06 and could not be happier. Everything works well and we are in the middle of a road trip (1100+ mi.). With 7 passengers and a full load of luggage, we are averaging 22.13 mpg. The van performs well under all conditions and has all the features that we needed and even some that we wanted. No mechanical problems at all. It compares well with other vehicles we tested and better than most. We have 5 children and all have found their favorite spot.

Excellent Mini-van
By Yogen on 10/17/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I should say, it has an EXCELLENT turning radius. I used to drive my small scion xA but observed no difference in handling Sienna while turning. Next thing I should say,it has an EXCELLENT tight steering control. I love it, really LOVE it. It gives confidence to the drivers while driving a mini-van like this. Quiet engine. Nice roomy interior with sufficient compartments. Good rear view when you look over your shoulder while crossing the lanes. Good value if you want to settle with a single car for a long time. I was (am) worrying about its tire as few people in this forum is complaining. I yet to see for it. I yet to see its fuel efficiency (I believe it may not be worse).

Great Buy
By Jeffrey Groves on 09/09/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would own a mini van. But having a sedan with 2 kids just wasn't working out. The sienna offers so much room for the kids. It drives a lot better than I thought. My wife loves it. I like the fact of how safe I feel with her driving her and the kids around. I test drove a lot of mini vans and this by far was the best. I got the lower end model and it has everything you need and more.

8 passenger Sienna LE
By Brian on 09/08/06 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth car like ride. Smart interior design. Child car seat attachment easy. "Space Age" instrument cluster. Simple controls. Middle second row seat not easy to transition forward.

Makes driving a dream
By Anne D. on 08/05/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna is a wonderful vehicle to drive, and so comfortable. The telescope wheel, the sound system, the drop down table center front, and the ability to fold second row and stow the 3rd row makes it so handy when hauling needs. There are also so many "pockets" for a number of things to stow, like side arm rests that lift and are adjustable, map pockets, drink holders specially formed for soda or water bottles, I could go on and on. What a great vehicle. My husband is handicapped, and he is so comfortable in our new Sienna. Try it, you'll love it!

Lexus-quality
By kansas6 on 07/31/06 03:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

If reliability and quiet, smooth ride are important to you this is your van! This is a quality ride. Consumer reports uses term Lexus-quality to describe the van and I would agree.

Van review
By mike on 06/23/06 22:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my van to replace a small car. The Sienna has been the best car purchase I have ever made. It is also the 28th car I have owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.