Used 2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love My Sienna
By sienna_06

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am writing this review in March of 2014. I've owned my Sienna since it was new. I now have over 250,000 miles on my van. It has given me little problem over the years. I purchase 90,000 mile/warranty Michelin tires, and they usually wear unevenly and need replacing before they hit 50,000. This is with regular alignments & tire rotations done at the same time I have the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Other than this, the van has given me little problem. I've been very happy with my van

Reliability in the mechanics as well as the body and interior. Even with all these miles on the van, the seats still look almost new.

Finding and fixing the issue with the unusual tire wear. Nobody seems to know why this is happening, and I've even spoken with an alignment technician who owns a 2006 Sienna just like mine except another color, who says that he is going through tires about every 15,000 miles! He cannot figure out why this is either.

Expensive to own
By cgermain

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Sienna new and have had many electronic issues. Radio went out within the first week, followed by airbag sensors. The brakes had to be replaced at 30k. I have 93k and have had the tires replaced three times. This van is a great driving vehicle but it is simply too expensive to maintain. Now my AC has gone out for a 2nd time. It was a $1200 bill the first time and I am praying it will be covered for this repair. I will never own another Toyota and my Sienna will be gone soon. Going American all the way from now on.

Cargo Capacity, drives great

All electronics, wears out tires and brakes too easily

2006 Sienna
By Gym Shortz

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our van for about 4 years now. We got the 8 passenger model to accommodate our family of 4 and if needed another family of 4. That has worked out superb. The only drawback is the lack of armrests in the middle row had we gone with the 7 passenger model. We put aftermarket leather (well worth It) and all weather mats (we bought mfr, but there are other good mats at a better value). The van has a ton of power and I've never felt like I'm driving a van, I like the ride and the 12 cup/bottle holders around the van. Automatic door on passengers side only is nice but not necessary. Maintenance has been minimal LOF and milestones, no issues. Got new tires at 55K miles.

Handling and power

Middle row arm rests on seats.

Build Quality questionable
By Valerie

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Decent vehicle as far as Minivans are concerned. But build quality is in question. Minor rattles (Dealer said it was normal). My sliding door motor crapped out after 6 months. Then when it was replaced I can hear it straining to close now. In 2008 I drove my cousin's Odyssey for a month and was very very impressed with it. It looked better inside, seemed to have functionality that suited my needs and definitely handled better. My husband actually enjoyed driving a van (he didn't like driving the Sienna) I'll be switching over to the Odyssey if I ever buy a Van again. I won't be buying any more Toyota due to the accelerator issue fiasco. I'm afraid the same issue will hit Siennas.

ride on long trips, roomy, safety (I hope)

interior, looks so plain and seats are unappealing. Safety is a big concern. If it develops the accelerator problem as many other Toyotas have, then I'm dumping it real quick.

DVD system is a nightmare
By elizabeth

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van after renting the sienna many times for road trips. reasons are obvious: reliable, roomy, user friendly and super duper cargo friendly! We have really enjoyed the van and it has made our lives much easier. We do not care for the DVD system. It is controlled from the back only. Our children are small and are in booster seats which means we must stop the car to load/unload movies and start them. BIG PAIN in the neck. Somebody please tell Toyota to make it possible to load from the front seat, possibly by the stereo.

cargo area, seats that can be configured in different ways, roominess, safety, reliability

DVD player controls need to be placed in the front by the stereo not in the back seat.