Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

the beast van
By George

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

its an awesome van comfortable and everything

5 time radiator leaking in 10 years
By SuPing Lyu

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an Sienna LE AWD in 2005. I had radiator leaking for 5 times! Once very 2 years! Over $800 for each replacement. An Toyota dealer said that this was not uncommon.

Two steering column replacements in under 140000
By Anonymous in Florida

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in 2006 and driven only on well paved roads in an urban environment. Additional more frequent than would normally be expected of the Toyota brand, I consider excessive. All routine and recommended maintenance and or repairs was done always according to recommended schedule or Toyota service dept recommendations.

The cabin design and comfort of this vehicle are outstanding. Reliability from a mechanical perspective has been VERY disappointing. Also, there have been numerous service bulletins and recalls over the years I owned and have driven this vehicle.
Toyota always has been rated highly but my experience is such that the brand would not be my frost choice in the future nor could I recommend it to others. Also, my repair experience history leads me to question and wonder how Toyota receives consistently hi reviews .....what drives these reviews, what really motivates the rankings Toyota receives?

My Sienna will not be one of those that supposedly is driven 200,000+ miles. Doing so is far too costly in repair bills.

Automotive MVP
By Daniel S.

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van does everything I've ever asked it to do; and with grace and poise.
It's a very composed and comfortable highway cruiser; and I can ferry my 70+ year old Mother (with severe back problems) around town with no complaints.
I've used it for annual ski vacations to very snowy & hilly upstate NY and north of Quebec City. I had no trouble on the roads nor in hilly unplowed parking lots.
The Sienna also works well as a car-camper: roll up the back seats, inflate an air mattress and go to sleep!
And it isn't a bore to drive. My other car is a Honda S2000; the Sienna isn't all THAT. But, the V6 accelerates confedently in traffic and it can haul a full load of adults through the mountains (at or above the speed limit) at normal revs. It goes where you point it. And, brakes without drama.
Maintenance has consisted of changing the oil and changing and rotating the tires.
I have a great deal of appreciation for this vehicle and the people who designed it.
GREAT vehicle. I'd buy another.

What a money pit!
By Danielle

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van, I really do, but we have had so many expensive issues that I'm just done with it. Navigation went out last year, so we no longer have radio, cd, or DVD capability. Both power doors went out. Rear view mirror was possessed and would move on its own and eventually stopped working. Tires need replaced every 15,000 miles and are very expensive. Mechanically it's in good condition, but to not have any of the electrical components working is rediculous! As well as it drives, as comfortable as it is, and as roomy it is, I will never buy Toyota again.