2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love My Sienna
By sienna_06 on 03/10/14 09:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am writing this review in March of 2014. I've owned my Sienna since it was new. I now have over 250,000 miles on my van. It has given me little problem over the years. I purchase 90,000 mile/warranty Michelin tires, and they usually wear unevenly and need replacing before they hit 50,000. This is with regular alignments & tire rotations done at the same time I have the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Other than this, the van has given me little problem. I've been very happy with my van

(2) Transmissions in 150K Miles?!?!?
By alb2014 on 01/02/14 14:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It is acceptable for you to expect go through (2) transmissions on a family owned and operated mini van to get 150K miles out of a $40K "luxury" vehicle? First transmission was "replaced" at 57K, under warranty. Currently at 148K miles. Facing a $2000 bill from the Toyota dealer for a transfer case seal repair. Called Toyota. Assigned a "Case Manager", Dan. He states since there is no service record with Toyota after drive train warranty expired and the car has 148K miles, Toyota is not accountable. He would not transfer me to a supervisor and hung up on me. I called back and am waiting for a return call from a "Supervisor". Our first and last Toyota purchase.

After BMWs & Saabs, I didn't expect to love this van
By anthony94114 on 12/27/13 03:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving. Always have. When, professionally my hauling needs exceeded the Saab and BMW wagons I've had, I hunted for a van. Ultimately, the combo of power folding mirrors, gated shifting, sunroof and no run-flats was what sold me. Not passion. I just needed those things to be content. I found a CPO 40,000 mile XLE that had been well taken care of. Then I added a Diamond Certified Toyota warranty when I found out they were pretty cheap. It was a total surprise to realize this rig is a great driver. You have to shift it manually to really use the transmission best, both for accelleration and braking but carving HWY 1 in rural Marin County is a blast. at 125k now, it's still super.

Not expected Toyota quality
By dragonsssix on 12/05/12 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been close to 5 years (just hit 100K miles) and worked fine until now. Automatic sliding door is not working (won't close/open); I have to pull to make automatic door slides which is very inconvenient. I did not expect to have this kind of build quality from Toyota.

Best van I've ever purchased!
By mmcnamara on 10/11/12 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been a fantastic vehicle for almost seven years, ferrying our family from the Atlantic to the Pacific without fail. The 3.3 seems stronger than the 215 hp rating, and the mileage is consistently 20 mpg in town, and 26 mpg regularly on the highway. In 114K miles, I've done 2 front brake jobs, 3 sets of tires, 1 timing belt service, 2 top-offs of the A/C system for a slow leak,and a shock that was replaced under warranty at 38K - that's it. In thirty years of owning vehicles, both domestic and imported, the Sienna has been the most trouble-free of all of them.

Average Mini Van
By tcle2001 on 09/26/12 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2006 CE 7 passanger Sienna new. The vehicle now has 160,000 kms. The vehicle had some early issues. The air bag light came on and took 2 years to resolve. Had to fight Toyota and dealer all the way. Finally replaced main wiring harness. Also had to replace drivers door (yes the whole door) due to broken hinges. All covered by Toyota. Other than that the vehicle has been good. It has plenty of power and is comfortable on long trips. My van is a box stock CE. From what I hear people with the fancy ones have more problems.

Cracked dash board
By brie888 on 08/11/12 09:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna has always been garage kept, low miles, used by a stay at home mom. My dash board has cracked from passenger side all the way to the driver side. Also, the car has never been wrecked. Contacted Toyota - typical response - out of warranty then we can't help you. It's kinda funny, because my husband just bought a Sequoia. Hubby thought maybe we will replace my car with another Toyota since dealer was negotiating. My repsponse was I won't own another Toyota!

Sienna Poor Quality
By stigsgal on 06/06/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Unfortunately, I have to say that after 6 years my Sienna XLE is falling apart around me. All the trim inside the vehicle have or are in process of breaking. The CD player stopped working when the car was 4 years old, the radio goes in and out when it rains or doesn't work at all. The brakes had to be replaced at 38,000 miles, belts replaced, tires OHHH the Run Flat saga. I have never had more flat tires than with the run flats (ironically enough). I personally can not recommend this vehicle to anyone and after a lifetime of owning and driving Toyotas I will not be purchasing another one. Another car company that forgot what made them great. So Sad.

Expensive to own
By cgermain on 03/13/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Sienna new and have had many electronic issues. Radio went out within the first week, followed by airbag sensors. The brakes had to be replaced at 30k. I have 93k and have had the tires replaced three times. This van is a great driving vehicle but it is simply too expensive to maintain. Now my AC has gone out for a 2nd time. It was a $1200 bill the first time and I am praying it will be covered for this repair. I will never own another Toyota and my Sienna will be gone soon. Going American all the way from now on.

Great Van
By angelaj1 on 01/01/12 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van. My only complaint is the tires, but the guy at Discount Tires explained to me that it is because the van is very front heavy. The back tires do fine. I have had to replace the tires on the front 3 times, and I am getting ready to replace the tires on the front. When I replace the move the older tires to the fron. and put the new ones on the back. So, so I will be on my 3rd set of tires. Other than that no complaint. We love it for road trips

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.