Used 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

What a money pit!
By Danielle

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van, I really do, but we have had so many expensive issues that I'm just done with it. Navigation went out last year, so we no longer have radio, cd, or DVD capability. Both power doors went out. Rear view mirror was possessed and would move on its own and eventually stopped working. Tires need replaced every 15,000 miles and are very expensive. Mechanically it's in good condition, but to not have any of the electrical components working is rediculous! As well as it drives, as comfortable as it is, and as roomy it is, I will never buy Toyota again.

Great Van
By angelaj1

We love our van.
My only complaint is the tires, but the guy at Discount Tires explained to me that it is because the van is very front heavy.
The back tires do fine.
I have had to replace the tires on the front 3 times, and I am getting ready to replace the tires on the front.
When I replace the move the older tires to the fron. and put the new ones on the back.
So, so I will be on my 3rd set of tires.
Other than that no complaint.
We love it for road trips

Read dual DVD for kids, and heated seats for mom and dad.

Never again!
By cert963

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A lot of repairs due to everyday use, parts and labor at dealer very expensive. Build with very cheap materials that break unusually fast dealer and Toyota will blame you for anything that you touched or used on the vehicle even the radio that you listen to is your fault. My first and believe me last Toyota to buy. Happy with my other Nissan and infinity trucks that I own for far more years of service and far less problems!

spacious.

Start building better cars, and stop thinking about making money off us on everything, Toyota!

Stuck in the snow, even 2 inches of it
By familyof7

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna was new when we bought it, and it has all the major options, which means we paid top dollar. We love the navigation, entertainment and other conveniences that make traveling with our kids easier. The kids ride in car seats though, which could explain their comfort. We recently took our first long-haul trip and had the aching backs to prove it. Never again! We had intended to keep the Sienna for perhaps a decade, which is why we went for all the options and didn't mind the price so much. After all, Toyotas have a reputation for lasting. We are getting rid of it, however, because it handles terribly in the snow.The Sienna literally gets stuck in two inches of snow. What a nightmare!

Power sliding doors, power liftgate, and folding seats. Built-in sunshades with the entertainment system are also nice. The nav and bluetooth features are nice, if pricey, options. The adaptive cruise control is nice too. The vehicle accelerates and shifts smoothly. Acceptable gas mileage.

Improve drivers seat comfort. Improve performance/traction in inclimate weather. I am so sick of getting stuck in as little as two inches of snow that I am getting rid of this vehicle after only two years; we had intended on keeping it much longer.

Unacceptable wind noise
By frank brown

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Toyota minivan. We traded in our 2004 for this 2006 for the added features including additional safety features. This loaded xle limited 7 passenger 4dr fwd is an improvement in all areas except in road noise. We dealt with a different dealer than the one that sold the new vehicle to us because we felt that he failed to address the problem. Even with the different dealer, and a deal where we paid half the cost of replacing the awful original equipment tires (in hopes of reducing the noise) the expence did not fully remove the noise. To us, the noise sounds like a vent is open, or, air leakage is occuring around the doors. Please offer a reasonable solution to this problem.

Climate control, backup camera, window tinting, power doors, folding rear seats, instrument cluster, window shades, sun roof.

More power with improved fuel economy, better arm rest for driver (door arm rest) back up alarm to go with the back up camera, improved window visors to help with low sunlight and driver and rider window coverage