2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great Van
By angelaj1 on 01/01/12 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van. My only complaint is the tires, but the guy at Discount Tires explained to me that it is because the van is very front heavy. The back tires do fine. I have had to replace the tires on the front 3 times, and I am getting ready to replace the tires on the front. When I replace the move the older tires to the fron. and put the new ones on the back. So, so I will be on my 3rd set of tires. Other than that no complaint. We love it for road trips

Never again!
By cert963 on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A lot of repairs due to everyday use, parts and labor at dealer very expensive. Build with very cheap materials that break unusually fast dealer and Toyota will blame you for anything that you touched or used on the vehicle even the radio that you listen to is your fault. My first and believe me last Toyota to buy. Happy with my other Nissan and infinity trucks that I own for far more years of service and far less problems!

Stuck in the snow, even 2 inches of it
By familyof7 on 12/12/08 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna was new when we bought it, and it has all the major options, which means we paid top dollar. We love the navigation, entertainment and other conveniences that make traveling with our kids easier. The kids ride in car seats though, which could explain their comfort. We recently took our first long-haul trip and had the aching backs to prove it. Never again! We had intended to keep the Sienna for perhaps a decade, which is why we went for all the options and didn't mind the price so much. After all, Toyotas have a reputation for lasting. We are getting rid of it, however, because it handles terribly in the snow.The Sienna literally gets stuck in two inches of snow. What a nightmare!

Unacceptable wind noise
By frank brown on 06/21/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Toyota minivan. We traded in our 2004 for this 2006 for the added features including additional safety features. This loaded xle limited 7 passenger 4dr fwd is an improvement in all areas except in road noise. We dealt with a different dealer than the one that sold the new vehicle to us because we felt that he failed to address the problem. Even with the different dealer, and a deal where we paid half the cost of replacing the awful original equipment tires (in hopes of reducing the noise) the expence did not fully remove the noise. To us, the noise sounds like a vent is open, or, air leakage is occuring around the doors. Please offer a reasonable solution to this problem.

Back Again
By JK on 06/11/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second review. Bought it new Nov 2006. Currently have 17000 miles on it. This is my third Toyota. A little disappointed with build quality: had to replace the wiper motor within 2-3 months (making horrible noise), will have to replace the motor near the passenger side blower vent (makes noise at lower speed). Otherwise satisfied with the car. Can get around 23.5 mpg in combined hwy/city, if I drive <= 65 mph. With the fuel cost where they are, I usually try to maximize mpg. I have noticed a deadspace when the transmission shifts from one gear to the other (seems like from second to third), which is kind of weird. Overall though, I am satisfied.

Extremely unhappy with fuel economy
By Don Miller on 02/17/07 07:29 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is an exceptional vehicle in all aspects but the fuel economy. To the point were I will not purchase another Sienna! I previously had a 2004 Sienna and the mileage on it was 29-31 mph. The 06 is around 21! Yes, I still have the same driving habits and locations.

My Dream Car
By Angela on 01/14/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our car. The space is amazing. The features are so much fun. I feel as if I am driving on air. My 6 year old is in heaven. I feel like the four of us each have our own space. The is so much storage. With kids it allows for a place for everything. We really love the headrest DVDs. We cannot wait to go on a road trip. This is our second Toyota. We had a Highlander previously, and loved it. The Sienna is even better. Way to go Toyota! This is luxury in a family car.

So far so good
By jk on 11/26/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this a week back. Only have 300 miles in it. It drives well, although the road noise is pronounced (not what I would have expected from Toyota). The instrument panel is well laid out. However, I have not yet mastered all the buttons. Did not buy AWD based on negative run-flat tire reviews. We got 17.5 mpg (60% highway) so far. We have a 3 yr old, so she does not use the wireless headphone, so all of us have to listen to her DVDs (have not yet figured out how to mute the front speakers). We have two camrys (10 & 12 yrs old) and this is our third toyota, based on our experience with toyota reliability. Did take the extended warranty based on the pervasiveness of electrical systems

Glad we got it !
By John on 11/18/06 09:57 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a XLE with # 8 package (DVD, NAV, etc...) and could not be happier. Looked at all of the usual suspects. I love everything about this van. the interior oozes quality. Fit and finish are superb. Performance is as expected for a vehicle of this size. I am impressed with initial fuel mileage. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota!!

Perfect Mommy Van
By Leesa on 07/26/06 23:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just have to say that I love my car, it's so perfect for a mommy, I think it must have been designed by a mommy, it has EVERYTHING you need to make your drive easy and fun. I tried all the vans but nothing even compared to the Sienna, I love everything about it, the inside is like an airplane, it's big and has so many little compartment and drink holders, mine has a DVD and 3 car seats and still lots of room for 3 adult passengers, I just love my car, it was a perfect car for me. I never thought I would be one of those "moms" who drove a mini-van, but here I am, driving one and feeling very proud of it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.