Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Automotive MVP
By Daniel S.

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van does everything I've ever asked it to do; and with grace and poise. It's a very composed and comfortable highway cruiser; and I can ferry my 70+ year old Mother (with severe back problems) around town with no complaints. I've used it for annual ski vacations to very snowy & hilly upstate NY and north of Quebec City. I had no trouble on the roads nor in hilly unplowed parking lots. The Sienna also works well as a car-camper: roll up the back seats, inflate an air mattress and go to sleep! And it isn't a bore to drive. My other car is a Honda S2000; the Sienna isn't all THAT. But, the V6 accelerates confedently in traffic and it can haul a full load of adults through the mountains (at or above the speed limit) at normal revs. It goes where you point it. And, brakes without drama. Maintenance has consisted of changing the oil and changing and rotating the tires. I have a great deal of appreciation for this vehicle and the people who designed it. GREAT vehicle. I'd buy another.

What a money pit!
By Danielle

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van, I really do, but we have had so many expensive issues that I'm just done with it. Navigation went out last year, so we no longer have radio, cd, or DVD capability. Both power doors went out. Rear view mirror was possessed and would move on its own and eventually stopped working. Tires need replaced every 15,000 miles and are very expensive. Mechanically it's in good condition, but to not have any of the electrical components working is rediculous! As well as it drives, as comfortable as it is, and as roomy it is, I will never buy Toyota again.

Longest I have ever owned a vehicle!
By Deb

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Sienna in 2007 with 18,000 miles, she now has 178,000 miles. Runs great! Only major repair was a timing belt around 100,000 miles.

Best van ever!
By YaleMom

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It took me nine months of research before buying my van new. I got a great deal and I have never regretted my decision. My van now has over 305,000 miles on it and I have never broke down anywhere! I get all of the regular servicing and repairs done at the dealership (always using their coupons) and have spent less than $1,500 on repairs over the years including: a/c blower, wheel bearing, new callipers and drums, as well as recently a new starter. I can only hope and pray that the next vehicle I purchase will be as reliable!

Love My Sienna
By sienna_06

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am writing this review in March of 2014. I've owned my Sienna since it was new. I now have over 250,000 miles on my van. It has given me little problem over the years. I purchase 90,000 mile/warranty Michelin tires, and they usually wear unevenly and need replacing before they hit 50,000. This is with regular alignments & tire rotations done at the same time I have the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Other than this, the van has given me little problem. I've been very happy with my van

Reliability in the mechanics as well as the body and interior. Even with all these miles on the van, the seats still look almost new.

Finding and fixing the issue with the unusual tire wear. Nobody seems to know why this is happening, and I've even spoken with an alignment technician who owns a 2006 Sienna just like mine except another color, who says that he is going through tires about every 15,000 miles! He cannot figure out why this is either.

• SUV