2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Great van so far. Still afraid

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

XLE 7-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Great van so far. Still afraid the will shoe to drop.
By bhildebrand on

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought second hand in Nov 2012. Owned 2 Chrysler vans before this one. Got this 05 sienna XLE with 97000 all prepped and ready to go. In Dec we went from PA to CA and back in comfort & had a great trip. Van didn't give so much as a hick-up. Got 21mpg average over all. But with 5 adults & lots of luggage I guess that's not bad even though I was hopping for better. just over a year now (mar 2014)with no major problems. Power doors acting up over winter but have learnt to deal with it. will cut cable and run manual if need be. now have 121000miles. Went in for 100000mile services and found cracked radiator. Ouch! If this is the worst that happens I'll still be happy with it.

Favorite Features

Over all I like the 05 Sienna XLE better the our previous Chrysler vans. Over all better performance, handling, ride and comfort. The additional storage and options are also great. There is no reason for anyone to be uncomfortable in this van. Due to all the options, For the first time, I had to pull out the owners manual to learn how to run everything. great turning radius. Kept catching myself cutting corners to sharp when I first got the van. 4 wheel disc brakes work great. Cruise control runs smooth. A/C/heat works great.

Suggested Improvements

Power doors- Poor durability. To expensive to fix. Radiators made of plastic- Bad idea, poor durability, Replacements very expensive. Poorly made parts that are very expensive to repair only result in unhappy customers and poor reviews that result in customers considering other brands next time. no after market parts to beef up and improve handling and load stability, IE HP struts and sway bars without going with expensive air ride systems.