2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: We have owned this van 4 years

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 7-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

We have owned this van 4 years now.....
By myfj40 on

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not a bad van by any means. We have grown very comfortable with it and can rely on it to get us were we need to be every time. When we first bought it (pre-owned) we had an intermittent problem with the front blower not working. In troubleshooting that it seemed as though the "techs" had torn into the problem and never located the culprit....The relay had a manufacturing defect; as did the rest of the identical ones in the van. After ordering replacement relays (From Japan and not Tennessee as were the factory ones) it has worked finer ever since. Sometimes it is worth it to buy parts that are built correctly !!!

Reliable form of transportation. Really has just standard features in all vans now. I have always liked the way Toyota's controls are so intuitive to use. Maybe that is because they are so similar from one Toyota to the next and I have just driven so many of them...... It does have a very smooth drivetrain. I have never had any complaints about the ride either.

I have been a Toyota nut for years, but am disappointed in their slip away from the quality that they built their company on..... Power sliding door quit... Unlock actuator for release went bad. Have to replace the whole assembly to fix it. Not worth the money !!! Clear coat on door is peeling off. I admit to not waxing enough, but seriously? A 2005 ? When we first bought it (pre-owned) we had an intermittent problem with the front blower. The relay had a manufacturing defect; as did the other identical ones in the van. After ordering replacement relays (From Japan and not factory Denso ones) it has worked fine ever since. Sometimes it is worth it to buy parts that are built correctly !!