Good Van / Avoid Crooked Dealerships
By j_ly on
2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my 2005 Sienna used from a private party in 2007 with 40,000 miles and I have over 130,000 miles on it today. I put new Michelin tires from Sams Club on at 90,000 miles (rotate every 10K) and they still have over half of their tread life. I changed spark plugs and plug wires as well as the timing belt at 110,000 miles. That's it! I received a recall notice for the spare tire holder so had to bring to dealership. When I got my van back I was told I needed a new radiator ($800) and cabin air filter ($80). I brought the van back to my mechanic and he said the radiator was fine and took 2 minutes to change the cabin filter ($15). That was 15,000 miles ago!
Favorite Features
Reliability. After getting fed up with lemons from General Motors, I switched to Toyota. I have had great experiences with this Sienna as well as my 2001 Avalon. Because Toyota builds quality, it should be expected that their dealerships are hypochondriacs or straight up crooked. Avoid the dealerships and you'll love your Toyota!
Suggested Improvements
I live in Minnesota and deal with harsh winter driving conditions. The road salt seems to corrode the under-body more than on other vehicles I've owned.