2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Saved My Life
By kelly on 11/05/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van saved my life. I was recently involved in an accident that totaled the car. Designed safety features kept the driver/front passenger area from caving in on me. My worst injury was a broken wrist requiring surgery. My infant son did not have a scratch. The fireman said I was lucky to be alive. The whole front end of the car was sitting on the ground. All windows shattered but never fell inside the vehicle, per design. I highly recommend this vehicle for safety alone! That said, the car is luxurious and less "minivan Like." We have replaced it with a 2006.

Fun, Fun and Fun....
By RONCOR on 10/20/05 05:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth and very fun to drive. Fell styling, safer, big and roomy.

2005 Sienna
By Toyota customer on 10/17/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a Grand Caravan for so many years, this van is a huge leap forward. The Sienna packs a lot of value into a package that doesn't cost that much more than the Caravan. The Sienna has noticebly better desinged and built interior and exterior. The seating is very comfortable and spacious, but the legroom in the third row is a little tight. The six-speaker audio system is excellent, with stunning clarity and a plethora of bass. The ride and handling are also leagues ahead of the Caravan. The stiff unibody construction and finely tuned IRS allows the van to manuever easily with little roll and under- steer. Overall we are pleased with our Sienna because of it's value and quality.

Not a home run, but at least a triple
By bridgewater on 10/13/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Toyota Sienna has been nearly perfect. There are a few things that annoy. Locking out the passenger windows also means the driver can't use them.There is not retained power so if you stop for minute you loose all power including radio and DVD. Maybe not a big deal but when the kids movie has to be started all over again it's a pain. The engine power is great and it is very comfortable inside. You will never run out of room inside.

Not all Siennas are alike
By Rob on 10/12/05 18:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've read in multiple publications how the Sienna could pass for a Lexus. We drove one that indeed drove and handled like a Lexus. At another dealership, the Sienna (same pkg, trim level) drove like my 93 Geo. Beware... be sure to test drive the one you're buying! As for the car itself, the ride is a pleasure, accelerates without effort, and the flexibility in arranging the 8 seats is great.

Best I've Ever Owned
By K.E. on 10/11/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I've owned, and it won't be the last. The Sienna is far superior to the other (domestic) minivans I've driven. Handling, interior "fit and finish", exterior appearance are all excellent. Very smooth ride. Great storage capacity in the cabin - there are 4 storage bins of varying size in the front seat alone, in addition to the glove box. Very solid vehicle. Dual sliding doors are incredibly convenient when adults are riding in the back. Even rear seating is comfortable. Safety features are abundant. Definitely not the choice if budget is your first consideration, especially in the XLE and XLE Limited. It's worth every penny, however. Overall, GREAT vehicle.

The Lexus of Minivans
By jbryson1 on 09/28/05 23:15 PM (PDT)

We've owned Town and Country Minivans and an Honda Odsy. This Toyota is the most luxurious by far, very quiet and smooth riding. Fuel economy is not great, 16 mpg average over 22,000 miles. Visibility is very good, storage is awesome. Laser cruise control is really nice, rear camera is tops. Thoughtful interior touches are everywhere and, the quality of materials is as good as it gets.

Toyota - best car on road
By bond bayse on 09/23/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned three Lincolns and they don't compare to the Sienna. Mileage is great... just got back from a 7,230 trip and couldn't have asked any more from a vehicle... rode great, good mileage, avg almost 25 mpg for the whole trip. Traveled from NC to the west coast and back with numerous stops in between. One reason why the trip was so great was the ride was great. I give my Toyota a solid 9.75. Reason for no 10 is thatI honestly thought I'd do a little better on the gas mileage.

Wonderful Van!
By Allan on 09/23/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

Mine is a 2004 bought just before 2005s came out. Has everything, navigation, DVD, you name it. Have owned it over a year, about 25000 miles, not a single problem except minor hesitation due to computerized accelerator instead of cable. I also have a brand new Lexus RX 330, and I actually like the Toyota better. Great for running around town or for long trips. Friends are always impressed with the ride, comfort, features. I'm spoiled, though. No other car I've seen has everything this car has -- and it has space and versatility!! I hope this one never goes away. I get decent (not great) mileage, have had it in heavy snow. The AWD performs almost as well as my Land Rover. Great car!

Comparative shopped
By cheim on 09/21/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I researched vans for 3 months before deciding on the Toyota and the features I wanted. Although there are a few things I don't like, I know I would not be happy with any other van. I narrowed my choices to the Honda and Toyota and test drove each 3 times. Went straight from the Honda dealer to the Toyota dealer so that there was minimal time in between drives to compare. Toyota offers a quieter, smoother and more comfortable ride than Honda. If you're used to heated seats, you're in for quite a disappointment. My van has 7000 miles, the seat cushions have already been replaced and you can not feel the heat at all unless bare skin is touching the leather. Then it just luke warm.