Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Two and a half years and still lovin it
By TravelinginStyle

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This minivan is all about quality and comfort. We have two friends that bought Hondas the same year we bought this van and they are having issues with rattles and noises in the cabin. We bought this van new and have put 30K on it but have not had any issues with this van, and am very happy we purchased it. It is an extremely smooth ride, and has plenty of power to boot. Short and long trips are a breeze. If there is any downfall to this van it would be road noise, everything in this van has the quality of a Lexus but the noise from the road could be better.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, room, storage, ease of configuration, 8 passenger, sound system, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

We like everything about this van, but the one thing they could improve on is to eliminate road noise, better than all other vans but could still be better.

Outstanding mini-van!!!
By ron

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna CE in June of '05 and have logged 24K miles absolutely trouble-free. Transitioned from a Pontiac Transport, a disaster of a mini-van. The Sienna is quiet on the road, smooth to drive, has solid pick-up, Toyota reliability, and a great buy for the money. We are surprised that it is not cited as "best buy" for '05 vehicles! I would not hesitate to buy another!!

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth, solid handling on the highway. Decent mpg--19/20 around town. Comfortable seating and interior comfort. Reliability---zero trips to the dealer to fix broken parts! Looking forward to 200K miles!!

Suggested Improvements

We had window tint added as an after-market. Miss the temp/compass feature not available on the CE version. CE is not available with "run-flat" tires -which I would avoid.

Toyota may have saved our lives!
By Peggy

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Loved our 2005 Toyota from the beginning, but even more so after a side impact crash. We don't have side airbags. We were hit by a pickup truck going 30mph. Hit was mainly to sliding passenger door. This vehicle held together like you wouldn't believe! There were 2 of us in the front seats, but we only received seatbelt bruises.

Favorite Features

Comfort, lots of cup holders, lights, love the ease of using the radio/cd & cruise control. Seats are easy to remove and flatten and huge cargo space... easily carries a 4 x 8 sheet of anything. I am constantly hauling my daughter to/from college, my husband to sell bskts at craft shows. Love it!

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I don't like is the shiny black trim on dash is always dusty! I know there is an air filter in the vehicle, but that doesn't help with dust.

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD
By Last Toyota

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I grew up as a Toyota person and my first car was a Toyota Supra, then Celica GT, then another Celica GT. Now I have a Sienna with every option possible and unbenounced to me, I have lived the past two years as the most frustrated person owning a vehicle. The warranty support by Toyota is poor at best when comparing to Honda...thus the need for extensive warranty in the first 24 months speaks to itself. Never say never...but my intent is to rid myself of this Toyota and never own another Toyota product.

Favorite Features

Xenon headlights and 115v power outlets

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine, no run flat tires, tire pressure monitoring system that works, dvd screen that can be seen from third row, six disc CD changer with navi, less road noise, AUTOclimate (should not have to indicate A/C or not), more leg in 3rd row, and a company that wants a happy customer!

2005 Sienna failures
By bahnted

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna ran fine for first 36,000 miles. The next 20,000 miles have had numerous failures: 1) Fuel injector - $383; 2) Catalytic converter - warranty $0; 3) Fuel hose disconnect - $105 leaving me stranded 20 miles from Cody, WY; 4) Driver's door check strap $380 - the door can fold back against the fender making closure impossible! I wrote and contacted Toyota Customer Service. They initially refused to do anything, taking no responsibility. After I wrote Seiichi Sudo, President and CEO, suddenly they wanted to "help" with a $600 good faith payment on nearly $900 of repairs. I now find the door check strap cannot be re-welded and door must be replaced, a $2000 repair! Stay away!

Favorite Features

Interior layout, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality and support the customer.