2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Nice Van but a few flaws
By Mike Leonardo on 01/21/06 03:22 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota builds a fine van but it is a bit pricy and gets lousy fuel mileage. My main complaint is the run-flat tires on the AWD models. They are garbage. No one carries replacemants and they do NOT take the place of a spare. I got a flat on a major interstate and had to get my van towed because Toyota provides no spare on AWD models. It was a very expensive lesson.

Second Best Minivan
By Simon on 01/04/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The '04 Sienna is a great minivan with plenty of space, (Third row should only be used by small children.) great interior build quality which exeeds every other minivan and looks that aren't too shabby for a minivan. Our Sienna has had no problems excluding a flat tire because of a nail on the road and one time someone keyed our car. No mechanical problems at all. If you buy a Sienna, you will be rewarded with a solid family vehicle that stands up to the normal family schedual.

Great Van
By Ed on 12/23/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the fourth mini van I have had.It is the best. My previous van was a 2005 Dodge. I got rid of it after 7000 miles. The toyota is great. My wife complains about the passenger seat comfort on long trips. The drivers seat is good.The fit and finish is excellent.

Nice, Nice Van
By Greg Greenlee on 12/18/05 04:52 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have Three kids and are very busy. The van feels safe and has been reliable.We have been on two one thousand mile trips and were very pleased with the van and its performance.

Beware of AWD
By James Mayberry on 11/30/05 20:08 PM (PST)

Purchased the 2005 XLE Limited in Oct 2004. Ordered it fully loaded (dvd-Nav- etc) with 2 wheel drive. Was delivered as AWD and dealer convinced me it would be no problem. Shame on me !!! After 28000 mile's it has averaged 18.3 MPG overall (mostly highway), has had one set of new tires and already show's 40% wear on second set !! At $1156 per set, this figures out to approx $100 per Mo. for tires alone !!! Wanna buy one--- "Have I got a deal for you" !!!

My New Sienna
By toyotalover on 11/24/05 17:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna is my first minivan and my boys love it very much. During our first trip to LA we averaged an outstanding amount of 28.2 mpg. I love my Sienna.

#1 van
By Sam on 11/22/05 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We thought about buying the Honda, but with no All Wheel Drive - why bother? I love this van and I don't even like vans to begin with. This is a superior vehicle.

farewell GM
By Toyota Convert on 11/21/05 12:38 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our '05 Sienna!!It is a great buy for the money. Toyota minivans are superior in all respects--- most notably dependability and quality of workmanship. Our salesman assured us that although we purchased an extended warranty until 100K miles---we will not need it on the power train. Thus far our van has been to the dealership for oil changes and washes!! Goodbye GM- Toyota we love you!

Nearly Perfect
By MCM on 11/17/05 02:11 AM (PST)

When released, this minivan was head and shoulders above the rest in every way. However, with Nissan, Honda, and soon Kia coming out with complete redesigns, they have almost matched many of Sienna's first place features like 60/40 split 3 row fold in the floor (Kia, Honda, Chrysler) 2nd row power windows (Mazda, Honda, Kia),rear view camera (Honda), front/rear sonar (Mercury, Honda). One of the only features completely unique to Sienna now is Digital Laser Cruise & AWD. However those are two BIG items, especially the AWD. MN has cold, snowy, icy winters, AWD is a must. That and Toyota's better than ANYONE, EVER's reliability made it a clear top choice. It's economical, reliable, and loaded!

Satisfied Sienna Owner
By JOJO on 11/08/05 14:14 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's my Wife's Sienna XLE AWD and we bought it last September. Very Comfortable, smooth ride and dependable. Only problem I have was that the power liftgate failed to close/open after a week use, I didn't see this prob in other reviews so I guess I was just unfortunate on that part, but my Toyota dealer got it fixed now. Overall performance is Excellent. If I'm going to turn back time and buy a Van... I will still choose a Sienna.