Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Toyota Sienna - A busy family must have
By Debbie

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I thought we needed an SUV with three kids. What I found was that my Sienna has everything an active family needs. Starting in the back. There is plenty of room for sports gear, backpacks and a trip to Costco. The seats are easy enough for me to put down or take out by myself. We've even fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood when a pick up was unavailable to borrow. With seating for 8, we purchased the 8th seat option, I never have to think twice about transporting the kids' friends. With hooks and pockets and drink holders, everybody has what they need at their fingertips.

My favorite features are the sliding doors and fold-in rear seats. Love knowing I can do a whole day's outing and fit everything and everybody in one vehicle.

Electronic seat adjustment, is too slow and would be easier to just move manually. The hatchback hydraulics went out, was replaced under warranty new unit does not allow door to open as high. Auto sliding door does not stay open on a hill. Keyless remote should have better longevity - time/distance.

Wow, what a buy
By 98van

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had to post. 05 CE is my second Sienna. Bought 98 XLE new for my wife. Sold 155,000 with 0 issues. Now @ 165,000 on 05 and again 0 problems. Great job Toyota and I will be purchasing an 09 in the fall close out sales. My van is my office with as many miles that I drive. Signed, Toyota driver for life! Thank you.

Quality and lack of company concern
By waldimar

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The first two years of ownership of a 2005 Sienna CE were good, but in the last two months I had repair bills of $2000.00. Radiator leaked/replaced. Power steering rack and steering shaft needed to be replaced. The response from headquarters was, too bad, your warranty is over. Right now I am looking to try something else, maybe even a Dodge Caravan. In this tight market out there I was just surprised by the lack of interest to make me a happy owner of a Toyota product.

Plastic trouble
By Brian

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna from the dealership, but the dealer drove it first, it was a used car. It was spotless, nice, we thought a step up from our 99 Odyssey. The car has mechanically been OK, we now have just over 50,000 miles. Our biggest problem is with plastic bits. The interior rattles constantly, and has since just after we bought it. The weather stripping broke on one sliding door (wind noise), on the other it actually fell off (hanging like a rope). Even with 100K mile warranty, the dealer considers this "trim" and will not fix. They were quite nasty about it, too, accused us of trying to steal from them, we should be happy to pay.

Pretty shade of blue. Headlights turn off automatically.

interior fit and finish. weather stripping. manual sliding doors difficult to open and close.

Watch out for the doors!
By L. Bohanon

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this van for the comfort, and space! We have had it in for repair/maintenance on the automatic slider doors several times, the front driver side door broke at the hinge and needed to be totally replaced. This was in the first year that we owned it. We have wanted to give it back, but despite all of the trouble with the doors we love the comfort and space.

Comfort, space, DVD, kid friendly features. This van is easy to drive, park, and it will turn on a dime.

Make doors more sturdy. Extend warranty on rear slider doors.

• SUV