Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Wow, what a buy
By 98van

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had to post. 05 CE is my second Sienna. Bought 98 XLE new for my wife. Sold 155,000 with 0 issues. Now @ 165,000 on 05 and again 0 problems. Great job Toyota and I will be purchasing an 09 in the fall close out sales. My van is my office with as many miles that I drive. Signed, Toyota driver for life! Thank you.

Quality and lack of company concern
By waldimar

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The first two years of ownership of a 2005 Sienna CE were good, but in the last two months I had repair bills of $2000.00. Radiator leaked/replaced. Power steering rack and steering shaft needed to be replaced. The response from headquarters was, too bad, your warranty is over. Right now I am looking to try something else, maybe even a Dodge Caravan. In this tight market out there I was just surprised by the lack of interest to make me a happy owner of a Toyota product.

Plastic trouble
By Brian

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna from the dealership, but the dealer drove it first, it was a used car. It was spotless, nice, we thought a step up from our 99 Odyssey. The car has mechanically been OK, we now have just over 50,000 miles. Our biggest problem is with plastic bits. The interior rattles constantly, and has since just after we bought it. The weather stripping broke on one sliding door (wind noise), on the other it actually fell off (hanging like a rope). Even with 100K mile warranty, the dealer considers this "trim" and will not fix. They were quite nasty about it, too, accused us of trying to steal from them, we should be happy to pay.

Favorite Features

Pretty shade of blue. Headlights turn off automatically.

Suggested Improvements

interior fit and finish. weather stripping. manual sliding doors difficult to open and close.

Watch out for the doors!
By L. Bohanon

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this van for the comfort, and space! We have had it in for repair/maintenance on the automatic slider doors several times, the front driver side door broke at the hinge and needed to be totally replaced. This was in the first year that we owned it. We have wanted to give it back, but despite all of the trouble with the doors we love the comfort and space.

Favorite Features

Comfort, space, DVD, kid friendly features. This van is easy to drive, park, and it will turn on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

Make doors more sturdy. Extend warranty on rear slider doors.

Good for 5 or more!
By MJS

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife & I owned a 2001 Sienna (older style) and really liked it; however it had 2 bench seats and we already had 1 child and now a set of twins on the way! We bought the 05 model and haven't looked back. We love the fold down seats! There's lots of storage in the rear and the car has plenty of power even when loaded with 3 kids and 4 adults. On one particular road trip with just th 5 of us I calculated an average of 29 MPG. Around town it is usually only about 20 MPG. Can't beat it for the money, it rides great, and has good safety ratings. We look forward to seeing how long we can hold on to this one!

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius, smooth ride, plenty of room, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

5 speed tranny seems to sometimes "hunt" for the right gear at low speeds such as turning corners etc.