2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
My first Toyota and some problems
By allmarsh on 06/26/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The van has been nice for our family of four. It is very nice on road trips so the kids can spread out. We bought the LE model and now I'm wondering if the XLE would have been better since it has leather and the power rear gate. Our average mileage has been 20mpg. Not as high as the sticker, but are they ever? This is our first Toyota and we expect high quality due to their reputation. We're disappointed with quality issues we've had with sliding door noise and design of radio is the pits. In sunshine the radio display can be impossible to read.

Love my van!
By Cay on 06/25/06 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love everything about it, big upgrade from my 1992 Previa. Have taken 8 trips in it since purchase, no complaints whatsoever. Very easy to move seats in and out, up and down, to allow for carrying passengers or cargo. Seats 6 adults very comfortably, a 7th in the rear seats if all are smaller adults.

Excellent Choice
By Tammy on 03/21/06 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome vehicle. We have owned a 2000 Sienna, 2001 Odyssey, 2004 Odyssey and this 2005 Sienna blows them all away. I love driving and riding in my van. It is a perfect fit for a family. We love the roll down windows, dual power doors, and all of the well used space. It is just a great vehicle.

Awesome Van
By houseful on 03/18/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Other than routine maintenance (oil changes, warranty inspections), we've had no problems and are still in love with this van.

Love my 05 Sienna XLE
By Lee on 03/07/06 17:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

No problems at all. Totally rattle and squeak free. A little more wind and road noise than I'd like, but my last car was a Lexus LS400. Ride is a little firmer than I'd like too. Gas mileage is only 13, but it's all very short in- city trips. No highway. It is a very fine minivan.

Toyota Sienna
By snuffy on 02/21/06 14:58 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Road noise due to poor door seals. Sliding doors rollers noisy due to grit accumulation on rollers (dealer suggest cleaning often-I suggest better sealing of door). Does not provide enough heat below 0 deg. f and cooling above 70 deg.f. (dealer says to let car idle longer to warm-up and to turn fan off at startup????) No traction on snow, ice, loose sand. Not enough towing capacity, tranny downshifts too easily. Cheap tires! No after market roof rack available, after market hitch too low causing bumping on curbs.

05 XLE AWD
By mike lynch on 02/10/06 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Toyota, like everything about it, but can't believe that memory seats and satellite radio are NOT available

Awesome
By tonka on 02/06/06 23:02 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. All the features were great. I love the convenience and standardization of all the features. The only downside to the all wheel drive is that the all wheel drive comes with run-flat tires. We ended up buying the 2 wheel drive.

Misleading MPG sticker/poor battery
By wyomingmom on 02/03/06 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We reviewed this car very carefully before before buying and were very impressed. After purchasing though, we found 2 major problems. 1st the battery is not capable of running all of the computer components such as the door open sensor, and still have enough charge to start the car. In the first month we jumped it at least 15 times. Can't leave door open for more than 20 min. or open several times. Service dept. says battery tests fine! 2nd. after 4000 miles we have never gotten better than 16.7 in the best conditions. Averaging less than 15.9. Toyota replies that the sticker is a little misleading, sorry bout that! We will be trading in!

Better Than Honda!
By roger on 01/23/06 21:55 PM (PST)

This van is excellent, I was recently in an accident on I-99 in Sacramento area, and I was side swiped while changing lanes and I hit part of the guardrail as I tried to dodge most of the car that hit me! Well, anyways it was me, my wife, and our 9-year-old daughter! All 3 rows of airbags deployed and so did the front and side airbags up front! I had minor bruises from airbag, but I rather have that than be dead! My wife and daughter didnít have a single scratch! By the way I was going around 60 mph on the freeway at the time! This van has excellent safety features, good fuel economy, very brisk acceleration, ride comfort, and built quality! I did get another Sienna. It is the 06'!