2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Wow what a van
By karen on 03/18/07 20:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A couple of years ago, we had to retire our 88 Camry with 450,000 km on it and the engine was still in OK shape!. We have gone back to more luxurious camping and like our eureka tent and Bring your own bed, we brought a Sienna. I have 50,000 km on it and can you believe it; not one thing has gone wrong; I mean nothing. On a trip through the rockies and on to the west coast, this van not only gave us pretty good mileage but never once experienced any difficulty with climbing those mountains. Driving the double lane Coquihalla, we were able to keep it at 120km per hour without any difficulty.

Sienna LE AWD
By Kreg on 02/17/07 19:39 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota is head and shoulders better than previous Venture and Caravan minivans. It rides better and is much quieter. The AWD works great and combined with the ABS and stability control it is nearly impossible to lose control or even spin a tire. There is plenty of room for 7 passengers and the rear seats fold easily into the floor giving a flat cargo area. While the Sienna comes in only one size, it is equal to the Grand or extended models from the competion. The only negatives are the run flat tires that wear very fast & are very expensive and poor gas mileage (17 MPG average).

The mini-van for the Family
By Roche on 12/14/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Best purchase for a family vehicle ever made. Had everything we would dream of and then some. Great ride and comfort for my wife and kids, especially for trips.

First Toyota
By Blue4305 on 11/02/06 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The only difficult choice was what color. The Sienna is perfect for the little ones and great for pulling our 18' ski boat. We have owned it for 15 months. It is such a great van. We have even hauled 4x8 sheets of plywood with the back door shut. The only service we need to do is change the oil and wash it every now and then. I had to suck up a lot of pride to go into a minivan, yet find myself sneaking the keys away from my wife and leaving her my Lincoln LSV8. As soon as I send this I must go out and pop the hood to look at the engine of the Sienna, I truly have never seen it!!

Smoothe Jazz
By Vishal on 09/13/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Like the title says .. smooth Jazz. If you want to take the stress/work out of driving with ALL the room in the world, Sienna is your Van. Like an edmunds.com editor aptly said - the lexus of Minvians. This Van drives like a dream. Even after owning it for more than a year, I still sometimes can't be sure if the engine is on - Silky smooth. I've put 17k miles on it all over west coast and look forward to enjoy it for years to come. Mileage is great for a car its size.

Untrustworthy gas mileage
By MYOB on 08/15/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 15000 miles, the gas mileage started slipping. At this point we are getting 16-18 mpg max. Also, the dealer failed to finish coat the paint, and it scratches very easily.

Toyota Sienna
By mdvan on 08/11/06 07:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this van now for a year and half and found it to be a great van. Interior seating provides enough room for a 6'3 person to sit comfortable in any row and yes that means the third row also. Everyone that rides always says how quiet and smooth riding it is. I forget I am driving a minivan because it feels just like any midsize or large size car. Long trips are no problem with luggage. Gas mileage has blown me away. One trip we recorded 30 mpg on the highway. WOW. Just recently we got 32 mpg going up to Ohio from GA. Those trips the van had three people and lots of luggage. We have been getting about 19 around town.

I love my Toyota Sienna
By millie on 08/05/06 03:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 1991 Previa (Toyota) which had 214000 miles with the 2005 Sienna XLE Limited AWD which has the navigation system. This is a must. It can get you to and from anywhere. I have been able to navigate in, out and around Washington DC, Philadelphia, etc., not knowing where I was going. It paid for itself within 4 weeks of having the van. It has a wonderful drive.

My Best Owned Vehicle
By jimwrye on 08/02/06 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very comfortable vehicle. It has excellent steering and turning ratio. It has everything most people are looking for in a vehicle.

GREAT VEHICLE
By Pat on 07/06/06 07:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful on a trip. Feel uncomfortable on wet roads and sometimes when pulling out seems like it slides or skids. Maybe just the driver.