2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Plastic trouble
By Brian on 10/01/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna from the dealership, but the dealer drove it first, it was a used car. It was spotless, nice, we thought a step up from our 99 Odyssey. The car has mechanically been OK, we now have just over 50,000 miles. Our biggest problem is with plastic bits. The interior rattles constantly, and has since just after we bought it. The weather stripping broke on one sliding door (wind noise), on the other it actually fell off (hanging like a rope). Even with 100K mile warranty, the dealer considers this "trim" and will not fix. They were quite nasty about it, too, accused us of trying to steal from them, we should be happy to pay.

Watch out for the doors!
By L. Bohanon on 07/05/08 21:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this van for the comfort, and space! We have had it in for repair/maintenance on the automatic slider doors several times, the front driver side door broke at the hinge and needed to be totally replaced. This was in the first year that we owned it. We have wanted to give it back, but despite all of the trouble with the doors we love the comfort and space.

Good for 5 or more!
By MJS on 04/23/08 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife & I owned a 2001 Sienna (older style) and really liked it; however it had 2 bench seats and we already had 1 child and now a set of twins on the way! We bought the 05 model and haven't looked back. We love the fold down seats! There's lots of storage in the rear and the car has plenty of power even when loaded with 3 kids and 4 adults. On one particular road trip with just th 5 of us I calculated an average of 29 MPG. Around town it is usually only about 20 MPG. Can't beat it for the money, it rides great, and has good safety ratings. We look forward to seeing how long we can hold on to this one!

Two and a half years and still lovin it
By TravelinginStyle on 03/30/08 22:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This minivan is all about quality and comfort. We have two friends that bought Hondas the same year we bought this van and they are having issues with rattles and noises in the cabin. We bought this van new and have put 30K on it but have not had any issues with this van, and am very happy we purchased it. It is an extremely smooth ride, and has plenty of power to boot. Short and long trips are a breeze. If there is any downfall to this van it would be road noise, everything in this van has the quality of a Lexus but the noise from the road could be better.

Outstanding mini-van!!!
By ron on 01/21/08 07:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna CE in June of '05 and have logged 24K miles absolutely trouble-free. Transitioned from a Pontiac Transport, a disaster of a mini-van. The Sienna is quiet on the road, smooth to drive, has solid pick-up, Toyota reliability, and a great buy for the money. We are surprised that it is not cited as "best buy" for '05 vehicles! I would not hesitate to buy another!!

Toyota may have saved our lives!
By Peggy on 11/24/07 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Loved our 2005 Toyota from the beginning, but even more so after a side impact crash. We don't have side airbags. We were hit by a pickup truck going 30mph. Hit was mainly to sliding passenger door. This vehicle held together like you wouldn't believe! There were 2 of us in the front seats, but we only received seatbelt bruises.

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD
By Last Toyota on 11/12/07 18:55 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I grew up as a Toyota person and my first car was a Toyota Supra, then Celica GT, then another Celica GT. Now I have a Sienna with every option possible and unbenounced to me, I have lived the past two years as the most frustrated person owning a vehicle. The warranty support by Toyota is poor at best when comparing to Honda...thus the need for extensive warranty in the first 24 months speaks to itself. Never say never...but my intent is to rid myself of this Toyota and never own another Toyota product.

2005 Sienna failures
By bahnted on 10/21/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna ran fine for first 36,000 miles. The next 20,000 miles have had numerous failures: 1) Fuel injector - $383; 2) Catalytic converter - warranty $0; 3) Fuel hose disconnect - $105 leaving me stranded 20 miles from Cody, WY; 4) Driver's door check strap $380 - the door can fold back against the fender making closure impossible! I wrote and contacted Toyota Customer Service. They initially refused to do anything, taking no responsibility. After I wrote Seiichi Sudo, President and CEO, suddenly they wanted to "help" with a $600 good faith payment on nearly $900 of repairs. I now find the door check strap cannot be re-welded and door must be replaced, a $2000 repair! Stay away!

My Dream Minivan!
By DCSowell on 06/20/07 17:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As a mom of three I do not have the luxury of owning my dream "car" anymore, I had to settle for a dream minivan, and this one is it!!

Wow what a van
By karen on 03/18/07 20:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A couple of years ago, we had to retire our 88 Camry with 450,000 km on it and the engine was still in OK shape!. We have gone back to more luxurious camping and like our eureka tent and Bring your own bed, we brought a Sienna. I have 50,000 km on it and can you believe it; not one thing has gone wrong; I mean nothing. On a trip through the rockies and on to the west coast, this van not only gave us pretty good mileage but never once experienced any difficulty with climbing those mountains. Driving the double lane Coquihalla, we were able to keep it at 120km per hour without any difficulty.