Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Toyota Minivan or Lexus Minivan
By ss

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Always thought people enjoy minivans when they buy it and when they sell it. Here comes Sienna, sales man insisted my wife to test drive it and thats it. We loved it over GX470, Honda Pilot,Seqoia.... Took the highest model,paid 37K and love it. Toyota dealerships are the best and Toyota company is always asking feedback to improve. For future maybe some extra power would be good. But this is a true gem. Great drive city or highway. Music system is awesome. Did not take entertainment system ot navigation but everything else is in here. Love how the dashboard looks at night.

Favorite Features

Stearing wheel and heated seats. Just the details on build of the knobs for heated seats beats lexus 330. It is elegant. 3 zone A/c is great with me, my wife and kids never seem to agree on the temp.

Suggested Improvements

More power.XLE limited should come in 8 passenger config

A relief
By Toyota Sienna

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking for a vehicle that was safe and one that was great for everyone to want to be in and the Sienna is the perfect fit. I am also able to use it for my business and the middle row seats easily come out and the rear seats fold flat. We test drove several vehicles and decided Sienna was the one for us. Plus we were able to get a great deal on it as well.

Favorite Features

We love all the cup holders and the fact the side windows go down is a major plus. The automatic sliding door is great too.

Suggested Improvements

The only real complaint I have is the hatch is tough to close and so far, the gas mileage hasn't been what i thought it would be.

LOVE IT
By Lass

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Sienna. I had an Express and thought I couldn't go smaller, but I did. It has everything I needed. We have 5 grandchildren and three in the family. We needed eight seats. It has plenty of storage and handles very well. We've only had it a week, but I am very very pleased.

Favorite Features

I love the eight seats. Foldable third row seats. The view is very good. Very comfortable. We have the BW package. We love it.

Suggested Improvements

Hatch door is too heavy for me even with the handle. I would like to see maybe a few inches extra leg room for the third row, without taking it away from the other seating.

love it
By siennalover

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've spent at least a month between Toyota, Honda and Nissan dealership looking for the best minivan (price, feel, reliability, confort, drive, power, looks....). We've always been Honda or Toyata owners (accord and camry) so when we decided we needed a minivan we only consider toyota/honda or nissan...too bad that our american brands (GM,Ford etc) are NO match for nissan/honda/toyota....although cheap at first, always a GREAT deal, their quality and reliability reminds me of Yugo cars of the 1980s (also terrible customer service). too bad, they lost us and many others. i love my toyota, drives like a dream, handles great, good milage.

Favorite Features

feel, drive, price, milage

Suggested Improvements

a better stereo, maybe better quality buttons/switches (look kinda cheap,china made)

Love my Sienna!
By Scott Meltzer

Unbelievable car- w/ nav. system it ets you anywhere, and the AWD is a bonus, Had an Oddesey last three years, but this is FAR superior.

Favorite Features

AWD, Nav, system, DVD player, quiet on the road; drives like a car.

Suggested Improvements

extra head-phones for the kids.