Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Logic dictates the Sienna is the best
By proftak

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was heart broken when I traded my Subaru Legacy for the Sienna. I missed the low boxer engine, all-wheel-drive, and the manual shift. However, I have grown to like and respect the Sienna as a logical choice. The 8-passenger van has about the same gas mileage as my 5-passenger station wagon, plus tons of cargo space. With all seats removed/folded, the Sienna can carry 4'x8' sheets, and even 10' long 2x4 or conduits. Even with all seats up, there is still plenty of trunk space left. The ride is smooth. Handling is average, but it is better than what I expected. With a family or cargo loaded, I tend to drive conservatively anyway. Great for long trips for the whole family.

Favorite Features

Smooth and reliable engine, coupled with a smooth transmission. It's like a sub $30k Lexus with tons of space. I also like the removeable middle row seats because they maximize cargo space once removed! The driver's view is great, even for a 5'5" guy like myself.

Suggested Improvements

For the money, the Sienna LE leaves little to desire. I wish the front seat tray can be completely removed (not just folded down). An interior light timer can be helpful in case a door is not closed completely. The trailer hitch leaves very little (7") clearance.

First Time Sienna Owner
By Jim Ensley

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned the Sienna a short time and have taken on two trips of greater than 800 miles. It has been over 110 degrees in Las Vegas and the air conditioning is able to keep the drivers compartment cool.

Favorite Features

Vehicle holds the road well and is easy to maneuver.

Excellent, excellent, reliable van!
By Patricia

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this car is the best experience: comfortable, convenient, effortless -- particularly, because I care for two disabled persons -- it's the best designed vehicle for this purpose.

Favorite Features

Storage and places to put things.

Suggested Improvements

More interior space, running boards standard.

Great Van
By chris

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Best mini van on the market. I highly reccomend it to all of my friends.

Favorite Features

GSP and DVD and Heated seats

Can't go wrong with this minivan
By Soccer Dad

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle made perfect sense for my family with three children. Timing couldn't be better, either, with some summer trips to the mountains planned. The roof rack is very sturdy and Yakima makes planting the bikes up there an easy proposition for under $300. However, like another guy said elsewhere, running boards would make this task a bit easier. But $2,000?! I feel a little like a soccer dad driving this rather immense vehicle around, but once you get used to it, the Sienna feels very car-like. On the other hand, I piled some 4x8 foot plywood among other manly Home Depot pieces to get my machismo back. My main complaint are the too many gadgets to "protect" you - beepers/buzzers.

Favorite Features

Exceptional quality everywhere. Roomy. Cupholders galore. Folding rear seats. Killer audio system. Steering wheel radio controls. Sliding side doors with windows that roll down. Great engine and power. Wonderful braking and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the rear window popped open. Need to mellow out a bit on the idiot beepers (it reminds me to swing by Home Depot, home of the beeping forklift!). Air noise at freeway speeds. Plug in outlets need key on to operate. Rear bumper ledge not same height as floor. Wrestling match to remove rear seats