2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2005 Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sort Reviews by

Great goodies!
By Capt Bob

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car which I have owned for a month. The thoughtful goodies on a fully optioned XLE Limited take a while to learn how to use, but worth the effort (and the expense). The car was delivered without a single defect. The navigation sytem is improved over the 2002 system. However, the run-flat tires cost $425 each to replace and it seems that no one stocks them. Toyota advises not to mix other types of tires with them. Although rated 4 season, they are not aggressively tread. It's an impracticle extra expense and Toyota should use regular tires, offering the run-flats as an extra cost option.

Favorite Features

Laser cruise control even beeps and brakes car if someone pulls into your lane. Seats comfy. Traction control, anti-skid and multitudinous airbags. Entertainment system w/wireless headphones free driver from kids' noise. Adjustable seat heaters. Wiper de-icer. 110 volt outlets. Fold flat rear seat

Suggested Improvements

Convex mirror to check on passengers is good idea but should be less convex. High intensity headlights shine too wide and not high enough. Do we need 14 cup & bottle holders? Get rid of run- flat tires. How about real traffic input into navigation and voice command like Acura RL?

Could not build a better minivan!!!
By Russ G

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wife and I went back and forth between the Sienna and the Odyssey, finally went to drive both. She drove both twice, I didn't even need to drive the Odyssey... we loved the Sienna the second we were inside. Space, ride, comfort, mileage... TOTAL home run for Toyota!! And the treatment at the dealership... outstanding!! Also negotiated to $3,000 off sticker... just takes some patience but you CAN get a good deal!!

Favorite Features

Name it... everywhere you look, noithing quality and convenience

Suggested Improvements

Rear gate could lower a little quicker... that's nit-picking and all I can find!!!

Toyota XLE AWD
By whsu

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent van, very quiet on the road, features are excellent. Safety features are the best in its class. Engine/transmissions are the same ones found in a Lexus. AWD should be great in the snow. Had 4 other Toyota before, after a total of 300,000 no major problems with any of the can/truck/vans. Well worth the money

Favorite Features

Interor room AWD Nice leather seats

Suggested Improvements

MPG

Tight in the turns
By Mikey likes it

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 8 years of a Ford Widstar Minivan, and an increasing repair bill, I needed a change. My 2005 Sienna continues to impress me. The tight turn radius is great. The comfort level is impresive. Can't wait to take my family on a long drive so my 4 children can enjoy the DVD player. I'm sure it will be a big hit. Great job Toyota! Goodbye FORD!

Favorite Features

Passenger doors on both sides of the vehicle is a big plus. Need to get the kids in and out fast. Rear heat and air keeps everyone comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests on door side of seats, and larger arm rests for driver. Adjustable up/down would be a plus.

Best Vehicle Ever
By oldsfun

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am not a minivan person, but after driving the Sienna, I was converted. It is the best riding, handling, and roomiest vehicle on the market. The price is higher, but you get what you pay for. I drove all of the GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda and Kia. The Toyota was the best! The overall vehicle is the best minivan on the market. This is a Camry with a lot of room!

Favorite Features

The entire van! The rear seats and the comfort of the front seats. Good power and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Price should be more competitive as not to scare off people before they drive it. Once they drive it, they will be sold. Best van on the market and you get what you pay for...

Great Van with a sleek look
By Neil

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 XLE. It is a great van with a sleek look.Interior is very spacious and the movable console and trizone climate control is awesome

Favorite Features

Trizone climate control and JBS 10 speaker Hifi Music System

Suggested Improvements

Make DVD and 6 CD player standard in XLE

Great Van
By Sandy

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this van 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it! I came from a grand voyager (99) and can not believe how far vans have come! This van Is wonderful! It has all the features I wish I had in my last van. We have a place in North Carolina, and can not wait until we get to take it there. This van is very thoughtfully made. It has the busiest moms in mind! I looked for a long time and finally found this one. I am glad I waited and found the Toyota Sienna

Favorite Features

The 8th seat, and the fold down back seats

Suggested Improvements

Easier access to the back seats. Although I know with the 8th seat that is something to plan to give up.

AWD sienna review
By Matt

Overall the best minivan available. Odyssey drives/handles better and has better mileage but is not available with AWD (helpful for MN winters). Very happy with fit/finish and build quality however cabin noise is excessive at highway speeds (70+) and chassis rumbles over rough surfaces. No rattles yet but seems likely we'll get some down the road.

Favorite Features

AWD, interior/exterior design, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage!!!

CE Value Priced Choice
By Thomcin

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2005 CE pkg 1 (cruise & roof rack)+ port installed window tint & all mats. List 26,000 Purchased ou the door 23,500 (all taxes, tags, fees) This is a real value product

Favorite Features

240 hp silky V6, smooth 5 speed auto trans, great storage room behind back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing missing on CE is no power seat.

Never thought I'd like a Minivan
By DBRN

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I swore I wouldn't be caught dead in the driver's seat of a minivan. Well, a couple of kids changed all that, plus the quality of ride and comfort features. I'd consider the this more of a luxory car with massive cargo space. Yet, it gets fantastic gas mileage. More utility than an SUV, though it could never replace a pick up. It sure beats the pants off the 4-door car we used to squeeze into. We looked at every make of minivan. It was by far the most family oriented. Only the Caravan seemed to handle better, but I kept hearing about transmission problems etc. The new carvan's middle row that folds into the floor was very uncomfortable exhaust touchable by lil' hands.

Favorite Features

Extremely good turning radius. Passenger windows roll down! Three climate controls. Didn't realize I would like seat warmers. Travels across country very well. Luxury ride to it. Dependable. Sonar has been great for the wife, but I love the adaptive laser cruise control for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

DVD volume has to be turned way up in comparison to Radio and CD. They should match. It freaks everyone out when the DVD ends.