2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Excellent choice
By Dallas Bumgarner on 01/05/05 11:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Glad I bought the auto.

Better than Honda!
By ARM on 01/03/05 03:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the 2005 Honda Odyssey and then drove the 2005 Sienna and purchased the Sienna CE with 8 passenger seating. My wife loves it! Toyota has done well...

Toyota for use with wheelchair lift
By that_rat@yahoo.com on 01/03/05 02:45 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a Toyota Sienna to be able to transport my husband's electric wheelchair. The Harmar AL-600 lift fits well and was easy to install thanks to the "stow-and-go" rear row (which is stowed). The lift (which lifts only the empty wheelchair) was easy to install and works great in the Sienna. The Sienna is really quiet inside (compared to our 1997 Honda Civic) and quite comfortable. For a van, the gas mileage is quite good. Unfortunately, I don't see much out of the back using the rear-view mirror - I now have to use the large side-mounted rear-view mirrors. The transmission is smooth and it's really corvenient the way the seats in the back row fold away completely.

Can't be beat!
By J. Wilkerson on 01/02/05 22:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an car not only for the family, but is fun for the Daddy too. Until looking in the rearview mirrors, I can't tell for I'm driving a car or minivan. Well manner, and super handling. The one negative I would have to say is the noice level. My previous minivan was a Chrysler TandC and it had noticably less road noise then the Toyota.

It's a plush bus
By mr_ruez on 12/27/04 14:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

With about 1500 miles on the odometer, I am very impressed with the build quality of this car. There are simply no manufacturing flaws. There are a few minor design annoyances but the good points far outweigh the bad. Mileage is about 20 with mixed driving, expecting it to improve. The interlock that prevents the left sliding door from trashing the gas filler door when its open, has already proven its worth during a refueling stop. The power rear vents are a lifesaver when you have "gassy" children riding with you. It doesn't have the same precise on- center feel as our old Honda van, but that may be due to the tires, or just the fact that its a bigger car.

"CLASS VAN"
By JAIME ST. CROIX on 12/23/04 23:05 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

WELL ALL AROUND VEHICLE. EASY TO REACH AND SET CONTROLS.

It's Toyota - What else!
By VGN on 12/23/04 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bougt this van about 6 moths ago. No complaints. Quite ride, easy to drive, more spacious.

Love the 8 Passenger Seating
By Awesome van on 12/22/04 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Sienna. It is a great ride. The 3 seats on the second row are a plus when you have the need for more passengers. And with anchors on each seat across the second row you can't go wrong. Love all the storage and smooth ride. The DVD is great for the trips. We researched vans a long time and am very happy with our purchase.

My Wife's Sienna
By JohnnyJ on 12/21/04 01:05 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the plain Jane model but even so, this vehicle still comes loaded with features that other car manufacturers would consider options. It is a very nice vehicle. We purchased it after reviewing Consumer Digest's reviews of 2004 model vehicles. Our top concerns were safety and dependability. With this vehicle, we have both.

Great goodies!
By Capt Bob on 12/20/04 18:08 PM (PST)

This is a great car which I have owned for a month. The thoughtful goodies on a fully optioned XLE Limited take a while to learn how to use, but worth the effort (and the expense). The car was delivered without a single defect. The navigation sytem is improved over the 2002 system. However, the run-flat tires cost $425 each to replace and it seems that no one stocks them. Toyota advises not to mix other types of tires with them. Although rated 4 season, they are not aggressively tread. It's an impracticle extra expense and Toyota should use regular tires, offering the run-flats as an extra cost option.