Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Shaking & very poor gas mileage
By Cindy

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I drove it brand new off the lot, just to take it back the next day. The AWD has serious vibrations at 30-38 MPH & in general doesn't ride smooth. The dealership says this is "Normal." It shakes bad enough that the dvd screen rattles at highway speeds (lots of squeaking too). I drive 70 miles a day to work - long distant driving. After 2000 miles the electronic gauge says I get 16.4 miles per gallon. It advertises 19-24. My husband's GMC Yukon XL gets 17 mp gallon. The van is beautiful, but functionally doesn't live up to Toyota's hype. Don't buy it. One more thing - there is no place for a spare. AWD models comes with very expensive run flat tires. you cant change to regular tires

Interior & Exterior Design

Improve the ride, improve the gas mileage, make a spot for a spare tire

Need Real Tires
By Jon Sutterby

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The 05 Sienna we have is a great vehicle. Lots of room, quiet, good looking and lots of power for a mini van. I love driving it... you don't know you’re in a van unless you look in the rear view mirror, it's awesome. But I don't know what Toyota was thinking with the tires they picked??? The Dunlop SP 4000 tires are total junk!!! We have 2200 miles on the van and they are wearing like they have 12,000-15,000 on them and are already cupping @ 2,200 miles. What a joke!! If it weren’t for the tires it would be perfect for us!!!

Engine power!! Rear seat mobility. Stereo.

TIRES!! TIRES!! TIRES!!!

New LE 8 pass over the Odyssey
By ttekcol

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2005 LE-8 pass with pkg 8 (DVD etc). We selected it over the odyssey for the two reasons that the 8th seat is much more comfortable than the middle/middle seat in the ody and because it can tow our tent trailer easier. I liked the guages, auto-temp control, dual power doors, 6 disc CD, and handling on the ody. However, with 3 sons and tons of camping trips - I needed 3 comfortable seats in the middle and Honda blew it. Seat fabric is fair (shows wear from our car seat after two months) and the pull cords for the seat recliners is a pain. Sienna has 3rd row vent windows, better 2nd row fold/tumble seats, smoother transmission, better pricing- $5k off price. so far so good.

3rd row vents, 8th passenger seat, tight turning circle, ease of towing

dual power doors on the LE model, sunroof, leather.

Trip comfort/clearance
By Ruth

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever had for short and long distance trips. The comfort level is excellent,the gas mileage very good. We drove from AZ to WI and back as far as Colorado before running over a piece of metal possibly from a semi tranmission that took out the underparts of our van. Its still in Colorado. We fly up friday to retrive van from dealer that is replacing all the damaged parts. Wish it was a little higher off the ground, lost the brake lines, rear ac, transmission pan, shield off gas tank, exhaust system, cross something or other in front and even dented floor pan in rear. But was pretty big chunk of steel and no way to miss it because of traffic.

Visibility, handling, disappearing rear seats, tumbling forward middle seats. Temperature, compass, and mileage/gas left in tank display. Comfort of the seats, I have severe arthritis in my lower spine and I can ride comfortably in this van. The 8 position drivers seat auto adjust is great.

None that I can think of now, except make undercarriage clearance a bit higher.

You won't find a better minivan
By BradMac

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan for our new 2005 Toyota Siena XLE Limited. There is no comparison in quality, ride, performance and comfort. I'll never buy another Dodge vehicle.

Automatic cruise control. The parking sensors are nice too. Great features!

Nothing. Perfect design.