Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

So much room.
By Jimbo

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

What a great van, drives so smooth and quiet. Power door and fold flat 3rd row seats are so nice. Second row seats are easy to remove and don't weight too much. Interior gages and finish is top notch. Drive noise is much quieter than the Honda odyssey. Looking for a minivan, make sure and look at these. For 26K you cannot beat the options, features, Toyota reliability and resale value.

Favorite Features

Fold flat 3 row seat, so easy to use. Dashboard layout and controls are Lexus type quality in a Toyota price. The van looks cool especially with the upgraded aluminum wheels. Privacy glass and cabin mirror are nice as well.

Suggested Improvements

Only minor complaint would be the transmission shifting when stepping on the gas is not as smooth as silk but certainly not a showstopper. Comes with both CD and Cassette, why bother with the cassette, who uses those anymore...

Great Van
By josh

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna has been great. We were sold on the Honda Odyssey for a long time, but decided to look at Toyota near the end. My wife and I both loved it. Great van, also an excellent value. We have the XLE with leather.

Favorite Features

Sliding doors / hatch. Engine power and smoothness. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

It is pretty tight getting into the garage. It would be nice if it had automatically retractable mirrors.

All it claimed
By lumberjack

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We just returned from a 500 mile trip with two small kids. There was tons of flexibility and average gas mileage for mostly highway driving was 25 mpg. I cannot begin to compliment Toyota for thinking of so many little things to make the car more comfortable. We upgraded from a sedan and it will be worth the small drop in mileage to have the space and flexibility.

Favorite Features

Garbage bag hooks, lights everywhere, fold down front passenger seat, split 3rd row, rear audio, power side door, steering wheel electronic controls, pop up table between front buckets, adjustible seating for 2nd and 3rd row for leg room and recline, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box light, auto headlight off, more lights in cargo area,

One sophisticated Minivan
By Kid Car Enthusist

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would be caught dead in a minivan. I was wrong, this minivan hits home. We tested other SUV's and wagons (no other minivans) and none of them came close to the space utlization or refinment that the Sienna had. Ultimatly the decision came down to the Volvo XC70 or this. My mother had to choose one without testdriving it (my father did that with me)because we neede to jump on the deal. She chose the Sienna becase of the space and toyota reliability. If you are in the maket for a comfortable, reliable vehicle the Sienna is a phenomenal choice.

Favorite Features

Power back door, detailing, leather seats - everything

Suggested Improvements

Sound system, light up buttons on the left side of the steering wheel

Shaking & very poor gas mileage
By Cindy

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I drove it brand new off the lot, just to take it back the next day. The AWD has serious vibrations at 30-38 MPH & in general doesn't ride smooth. The dealership says this is "Normal." It shakes bad enough that the dvd screen rattles at highway speeds (lots of squeaking too). I drive 70 miles a day to work - long distant driving. After 2000 miles the electronic gauge says I get 16.4 miles per gallon. It advertises 19-24. My husband's GMC Yukon XL gets 17 mp gallon. The van is beautiful, but functionally doesn't live up to Toyota's hype. Don't buy it. One more thing - there is no place for a spare. AWD models comes with very expensive run flat tires. you cant change to regular tires

Favorite Features

Interior & Exterior Design

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ride, improve the gas mileage, make a spot for a spare tire