2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Toyota Sienna
By Daniel Georges on 02/04/05 21:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Owned Ford, Dodge,& Pontaic minivans. They were all good vehicles. So far I find this 2005 Sienna to be superior. You can feel the quality. Smooth ride,very spacious,built solid. Costs more than others, but if you want a vehicle that will hold up,its worth it.

uses lots of gas ?!
By Wang on 02/04/05 21:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I used to drive an Avalon, so Sienna appeared to be heavy. I suppose it is common for van. I am in general happy with it. One big surprise, however. I have 300 miles on it and the milage track (part of the package) indicated 15MPG! I am not sure if other people have similar experience or shall I check with the dealer

Good Minivan, but not Great
By GarlicFolk on 01/28/05 01:31 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Initial build quality for Sienna is excellent. Engine is a little weak at only 3.3L. However, 5- speed auto produce adequate power and surprisingly good fuel economy. A full tank of gas (20 gal) goes about 450 miles!

IT DOESN'T COME ANY BETTER
By CxeLady on 01/26/05 03:46 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a dream van. It's got it all, including the Toyota quality. It's extremely comfortable, even for short overweight drivers. It rides and handles like a high-end sedan. The rear seat is easy to fold, the automatic rear door opener and closer is a real boon to vertically challenged people. We purchased our vehicle from Tuscaloosa Toyota. From sales to service they have been awesome! We've purchased many vehicles in our lifetime, but we have never dealt with a better dealership. If you're looking to purchase a van...this is the one to get. IT'S GREAT!

Not what I expected
By golddog on 01/19/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We previously owned 2 Chrysler products, 1 T&C Limited and 1 Grand Caravan ES. These were both solid performers. We "upgraded" to the Sienna and so far have been only minimally impressed with the vehicle. Acceleration is lacking, body lean is major, steering is light, sunroof rattles and the JBL radio is terrible. Mileage has not been that impressive. Removal of center seats are demanding. Several minor issues were also noted upon delivery of the vehicle. Missing screws in wheel wells, loose molding etc. Quality and reputation brought us to the Toyota. However, based on our past two vans, it is no better than the competition.

You'll Love This Van!
By Lee Ann on 01/19/05 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Sienna. I had a 2002 and was pretty happy but the 2005 is amazing. The ride,the interior comfort, the response when getting on the road - amazing. I would recommend this to anyone interested in maximum passenger space yet still fun to drive.

fun to drive
By score on 01/16/05 22:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It is smooth and fun to drive. Very thouthful options. Best value in any minivan for 2005, only tricky honda minivan came close. Toyota has far superior intrumentation quality and reliablity compared to honda because i own both vehicles.

This Rock Rocks!
By Larry on 01/12/05 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have two GM vans, and cannot believe the difference! This is an amazingly solid and safe-feeling drive. The interior is logical, and the computer works the lights and locks exactly the way I expected! The tri-area heating and cooling is really an argument saving feature!

Pleasedm
By Kevin on 01/07/05 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Sienna LE almost 9 months now and as I approach 40,000 kilometers I have been very pleased with its performance, comfort, and reliability. As a previous owner of a popular domestic minivan that was in the shop every three months for repairs in and out of warranty, I needed a reliable car that I could take my family on road trips and not have to worry about the car lasting the trip. The Sienna has not failed me so far.

Excellent Minivan
By MD Gene on 01/06/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. The AWD has already saved us in the snow here. The kids love the seats and the space (we haven't fired up the DVD yet). We love the stereo and other convenience features. The controls are mostly intuitive, although a few require some trips to the maual. The seats are very comfortable and very adjustable and the leather is luxurious. Handling is unexciting but acurate, competent, and forgiving.