2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Reliable and Versatile.
By pmerk28 on 03/14/14 07:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The internet brings out all the strange reviewers: people claiming horrible experiences and people who use this forum to complain about the dealers instead of the actual product. I have had this car new since August 2005. As of this writing it now has 190,000 miles. There are hard Long lsland, NY miles. The radiator finally rotted out. Is this unreasonable? The lift gate shocks failed at around 150,000 miles. I ordered a pair online for well under $100.00 and installed them in 10 mins. Mileage is very good for a huge vehicle. I still get 18 mpg city and 22 or so on the highway. The exhaust system is still all original. Nothing leaks. No problems with the sliding doors so far.

It started off so well
By nashvegasmom on 07/24/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought van brand new after bad Chrysler T&C. The first 3 years were great. Here is the laundry list of problems we have encountered, none unique to us: rear door not staying up - repaired b4 recall issued, tires wear extremely quickly even w/ regular rotation, radio does not respond to buttons correctly and often has no display or only partial digital display, gear shift clip broken so have to hold with one hand while removing keys from ignition when you park, manual side door handle broken-2X, gasket around windshield detached and dealer blamed on auto carwashes that I rarely used, side doors freeze shut every winter-in NASHVILLE!, auto door no longer works w/buttons - must start manually

Not thrilled with Quality does not feel like Toyota product
By gigi24 on 04/17/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am really disappointed about the quality of 2005 Toyota Sienna. It has 112,000 miles and about 8 months ago things starts braking one at a time. Here are some of the issues I have uncounted. * Tries are rotated at every 5,000 miles and alignment at every 15,000 miles still Tires wear at an angle. * Cracks start appearing on the dash board, now cracks are expanded across entire dash board. * Power steering rack start leaking on the both ends and dealer wants $1,800 replace it * Rubbers hosing that holds antenna broken and other rubber items stats cracking * The glue that holds glass to the windows motor came off . * Tailgate struts broken rear door does not keep up.

Good Van / Avoid Crooked Dealerships
By j_ly on 05/30/12 07:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 Sienna used from a private party in 2007 with 40,000 miles and I have over 130,000 miles on it today. I put new Michelin tires from Sams Club on at 90,000 miles (rotate every 10K) and they still have over half of their tread life. I changed spark plugs and plug wires as well as the timing belt at 110,000 miles. That's it! I received a recall notice for the spare tire holder so had to bring to dealership. When I got my van back I was told I needed a new radiator ($800) and cabin air filter ($80). I brought the van back to my mechanic and he said the radiator was fine and took 2 minutes to change the cabin filter ($15). That was 15,000 miles ago!

Good choice, only complaint was cost
By Thomas Mommy on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van. I drove 2 dr sport cars before motherhood. I love cars, and this fits me as a woman who loves cars. As good as it gets, always comfortable driving long distance with no breakdown fears. I have drove nine days alone in Toyota models over the years with NO FEAR. I had power door replaced under warranty. Only real problem with 2005 model. I have learned to have general suggested belts, brakes, and other repairs done by local mechanic verse dealership to save on cost. Recently had the two belts for alternator and AC replaced due to loud squealing noise for two months. I believe this only happened because I moved into Mountain regions and ran the AC hard in the mountains.

Nice, Nice Van
By Greg Greenlee on 12/18/05 04:52 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have Three kids and are very busy. The van feels safe and has been reliable.We have been on two one thousand mile trips and were very pleased with the van and its performance.

Fun, Fun and Fun....
By RONCOR on 10/20/05 05:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth and very fun to drive. Fell styling, safer, big and roomy.

Not all Siennas are alike
By Rob on 10/12/05 18:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've read in multiple publications how the Sienna could pass for a Lexus. We drove one that indeed drove and handled like a Lexus. At another dealership, the Sienna (same pkg, trim level) drove like my 93 Geo. Beware... be sure to test drive the one you're buying! As for the car itself, the ride is a pleasure, accelerates without effort, and the flexibility in arranging the 8 seats is great.

Need Real Tires
By Jon Sutterby on 08/19/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The 05 Sienna we have is a great vehicle. Lots of room, quiet, good looking and lots of power for a mini van. I love driving it... you don't know you’re in a van unless you look in the rear view mirror, it's awesome. But I don't know what Toyota was thinking with the tires they picked??? The Dunlop SP 4000 tires are total junk!!! We have 2200 miles on the van and they are wearing like they have 12,000-15,000 on them and are already cupping @ 2,200 miles. What a joke!! If it weren’t for the tires it would be perfect for us!!!

New LE 8 pass over the Odyssey
By ttekcol on 08/16/05 02:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2005 LE-8 pass with pkg 8 (DVD etc). We selected it over the odyssey for the two reasons that the 8th seat is much more comfortable than the middle/middle seat in the ody and because it can tow our tent trailer easier. I liked the guages, auto-temp control, dual power doors, 6 disc CD, and handling on the ody. However, with 3 sons and tons of camping trips - I needed 3 comfortable seats in the middle and Honda blew it. Seat fabric is fair (shows wear from our car seat after two months) and the pull cords for the seat recliners is a pain. Sienna has 3rd row vent windows, better 2nd row fold/tumble seats, smoother transmission, better pricing- $5k off price. so far so good.