Used 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Smooth ride
By bsedgal

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got this van 4 years ago and it had 95K miles. It was the xle limited version with all the bells and whistles. Heated leather seats, rear ac controls, pull down built-in blinds, dvd player with separate head phones. Interior and exterior are great. We now have 180K miles and major mechanical has been very reliable on this van. No engine or transmission problems. I have been good at keeping up with the maintenance schedule- oil changes every 4k, timing belt & water pump done, tranny fluid change every year. Problems: expensive & multiple sliding door issues involving clostly motors and actuators going out. Radiator crack at 170K miles, rear coil spring break at 160k.

sliding door mechanical improvements

Awesome
By tonka

I love this car. All the features were great. I love the convenience and standardization of all the features. The only downside to the all wheel drive is that the all wheel drive comes with run-flat tires. We ended up buying the 2 wheel drive.

Seat padding

Different tires on the AWD

Comparative shopped
By cheim

I researched vans for 3 months before deciding on the Toyota and the features I wanted. Although there are a few things I don't like, I know I would not be happy with any other van. I narrowed my choices to the Honda and Toyota and test drove each 3 times. Went straight from the Honda dealer to the Toyota dealer so that there was minimal time in between drives to compare. Toyota offers a quieter, smoother and more comfortable ride than Honda. If you're used to heated seats, you're in for quite a disappointment. My van has 7000 miles, the seat cushions have already been replaced and you can not feel the heat at all unless bare skin is touching the leather. Then it just luke warm.

I love all the automatic doors. Really comes in handy in inclement weather or at stores. Of course the DVD is also a God-send!

Heated seats need work. Laser cruise control is a pain than it's worth. Anyway to operate the cruise control without that laser "distancing?" More control of the DVD on the front dash. I have to start the van, get in back, get the DVD set up then hop up front. Bigger screen took, Honda has a 9"

Better than any SUV!!
By Baliezer

I had a fully loaded Lincoln Navigator before. My 2 and 4 year old were always hitting other cars with their door or could not close them. I wanted something with the same features but more kid friendly. The Toyota Sienna Limited had more. The kids love it. I love it, and it is actually lighter than the navigator so it travels faster!

Sliding doors and in door sunshades.

More luxurious with the front seats. Air conditioning in the seats. Memory and more expensive leather.

Excellent family vehicle.
By TWM

Brand new vehicle that we've had for 24 hours. I really like the feature set of this auto. The leather appointments are well finished and of extremely high quality. The laser cruise adjust is very nice on the highway. The navi system is accurate and easy to use. The three zone air conditioning works very well. There are almost too many features to discuss. Suffice to say, this is a luxury mini-van if there is such a thing.

Power doors, power windows on the sliding doors (good for cooling the van down quickly), AC outlets for laptops on a long trip, laser adjusted cruise control, zone air conditioning.

Nothing to offer at this time.