2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great van so far. Still afraid the will shoe to drop.
By bhildebrand on 03/06/14 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought second hand in Nov 2012. Owned 2 Chrysler vans before this one. Got this 05 sienna XLE with 97000 all prepped and ready to go. In Dec we went from PA to CA and back in comfort & had a great trip. Van didn't give so much as a hick-up. Got 21mpg average over all. But with 5 adults & lots of luggage I guess that's not bad even though I was hopping for better. just over a year now (mar 2014)with no major problems. Power doors acting up over winter but have learnt to deal with it. will cut cable and run manual if need be. now have 121000miles. Went in for 100000mile services and found cracked radiator. Ouch! If this is the worst that happens I'll still be happy with it.

Define Reliable...
By channelinvest on 11/11/13 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So the engine, transmission and drive-line are still good to go after 145k but what about everything else? To replace the sparkplugs, the engine has to be dropped which is very expensive. We've had a sliding door fail on us and it cost over $2k to repair. The other door is now starting to make a very similar sound. The tires they recommend are from the Camry since the van frame is based off it but the vehicle weighs a lot more so you eat through them very quickly. The rear springs are undersized and loose their life very quickly. Still haven't found a beefed-up/stronger solution yet so the butt is dragging. The automatic doors take a lot of power so batteries are short lived.

'05 Toyota Sienna
By happy r/c on 02/24/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After my horror reliability experience with a '04 Nissan Quest minivan, I replaced it with a '05 Toyota Sienna. It's not trouble free but at least the fixes get fixed the first time UNLIKE Nissan. MINOR ISSUES: - crack in driver's side mirror - broken flip-out drawer below stereo - side-moulding came off due to a bad 2-sided tape MAJOR ISSUES: - Driver's door recalled due to bad weld - 4 yrs/65k miles, rack and pinion steering broke(my cost $1400) - 4 yrs/65k miles, the sliding door's hinge sagged (dealer wanted $1100 for just parts but I bought the $100 part and independent bodyshop replaced it for less) - interior light drains battery when doors left open so we keep lights off

Sienna XLE 1995 Experience
By David A Willis on 09/02/09 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car we've ever owned (I bought my first car in 1956). It has been extremely reliable. My only expenses have been for new tires and a new battery. I do nearly all my own maintenance. I follow all recommended maintenance recommended in the car's manual.

Watch out for the doors!
By L. Bohanon on 07/05/08 21:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this van for the comfort, and space! We have had it in for repair/maintenance on the automatic slider doors several times, the front driver side door broke at the hinge and needed to be totally replaced. This was in the first year that we owned it. We have wanted to give it back, but despite all of the trouble with the doors we love the comfort and space.

The mini-van for the Family
By Roche on 12/14/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Best purchase for a family vehicle ever made. Had everything we would dream of and then some. Great ride and comfort for my wife and kids, especially for trips.

Excellent Choice
By Tammy on 03/21/06 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome vehicle. We have owned a 2000 Sienna, 2001 Odyssey, 2004 Odyssey and this 2005 Sienna blows them all away. I love driving and riding in my van. It is a perfect fit for a family. We love the roll down windows, dual power doors, and all of the well used space. It is just a great vehicle.

Love my 05 Sienna XLE
By Lee on 03/07/06 17:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

No problems at all. Totally rattle and squeak free. A little more wind and road noise than I'd like, but my last car was a Lexus LS400. Ride is a little firmer than I'd like too. Gas mileage is only 13, but it's all very short in- city trips. No highway. It is a very fine minivan.

Best I've Ever Owned
By K.E. on 10/11/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I've owned, and it won't be the last. The Sienna is far superior to the other (domestic) minivans I've driven. Handling, interior "fit and finish", exterior appearance are all excellent. Very smooth ride. Great storage capacity in the cabin - there are 4 storage bins of varying size in the front seat alone, in addition to the glove box. Very solid vehicle. Dual sliding doors are incredibly convenient when adults are riding in the back. Even rear seating is comfortable. Safety features are abundant. Definitely not the choice if budget is your first consideration, especially in the XLE and XLE Limited. It's worth every penny, however. Overall, GREAT vehicle.

Toyota - best car on road
By bond bayse on 09/23/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned three Lincolns and they don't compare to the Sienna. Mileage is great... just got back from a 7,230 trip and couldn't have asked any more from a vehicle... rode great, good mileage, avg almost 25 mpg for the whole trip. Traveled from NC to the west coast and back with numerous stops in between. One reason why the trip was so great was the ride was great. I give my Toyota a solid 9.75. Reason for no 10 is thatI honestly thought I'd do a little better on the gas mileage.