2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Awesome
By tonka on 02/06/06 23:02 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. All the features were great. I love the convenience and standardization of all the features. The only downside to the all wheel drive is that the all wheel drive comes with run-flat tires. We ended up buying the 2 wheel drive.

Comparative shopped
By cheim on 09/21/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I researched vans for 3 months before deciding on the Toyota and the features I wanted. Although there are a few things I don't like, I know I would not be happy with any other van. I narrowed my choices to the Honda and Toyota and test drove each 3 times. Went straight from the Honda dealer to the Toyota dealer so that there was minimal time in between drives to compare. Toyota offers a quieter, smoother and more comfortable ride than Honda. If you're used to heated seats, you're in for quite a disappointment. My van has 7000 miles, the seat cushions have already been replaced and you can not feel the heat at all unless bare skin is touching the leather. Then it just luke warm.

Better than any SUV!!
By Baliezer on 09/19/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a fully loaded Lincoln Navigator before. My 2 and 4 year old were always hitting other cars with their door or could not close them. I wanted something with the same features but more kid friendly. The Toyota Sienna Limited had more. The kids love it. I love it, and it is actually lighter than the navigator so it travels faster!

Excellent family vehicle.
By TWM on 09/10/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Brand new vehicle that we've had for 24 hours. I really like the feature set of this auto. The leather appointments are well finished and of extremely high quality. The laser cruise adjust is very nice on the highway. The navi system is accurate and easy to use. The three zone air conditioning works very well. There are almost too many features to discuss. Suffice to say, this is a luxury mini-van if there is such a thing.

You won't find a better minivan
By BradMac on 08/14/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan for our new 2005 Toyota Siena XLE Limited. There is no comparison in quality, ride, performance and comfort. I'll never buy another Dodge vehicle.

Can't go wrong with this minivan
By Soccer Dad on 07/11/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle made perfect sense for my family with three children. Timing couldn't be better, either, with some summer trips to the mountains planned. The roof rack is very sturdy and Yakima makes planting the bikes up there an easy proposition for under $300. However, like another guy said elsewhere, running boards would make this task a bit easier. But $2,000?! I feel a little like a soccer dad driving this rather immense vehicle around, but once you get used to it, the Sienna feels very car-like. On the other hand, I piled some 4x8 foot plywood among other manly Home Depot pieces to get my machismo back. My main complaint are the too many gadgets to "protect" you - beepers/buzzers.

A good choice
By Jan on 06/24/05 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We chose the Sienna over the Honda Odyssey. The differences between the two vans are minor to nonexistent. I have read very passonate reviews pro or con the Odyssey/Sienna. If you want to get passonate about a minivan, fine. I recommend going with the dealer that you are most comfortable with (and can give the best price). The Sienna is very comfortable to drive. Snappy power, quality workmanship. The kids love this car.

The Lexus of minivans
By markr33 on 05/18/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've driven our Toyota Sienna for about 10,500 miles so far and find it to be absolutely excellent in almost every respect. The creature comforts are second to none, it is almost silent on the highway and the ride is delightful. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a vehicle with ample space.

BEST MINIVAN OVERALL ON THE PLANET
By Colin Bolger on 05/11/05 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with it, except for the poor gas mileage. I am a VERY conservative driver and got only 17 mpg (with premium fuel!) on the highway, precisely what a neighbor gets with his new Sienna. I took both the Sienna and Odyssey on three extended test drives and found the Odyssey to have a decided edge in acceleration & sporty handling on twisting roads (no lean on turns when pushed!), partly due to its lower center of gravity. But who buys a minivan to drive like a Ferrari? (I think Consumer Reports and Edmunds have a sporty handling bias; hence Odyssey's ratings edge.) The Sienna is more refined, quiet, plush, has very good handling and acceleration and was the best overall, hands down.

This Van Needs Work
By carguy2005 on 04/30/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really want to love this minivan, but it's making it hard. The build quality is just not up to Toyota standards. I just got home from a 220 mile day trip, and the rattling sound is driving me crazy. It's either behind the dash or in the driver's door, but of course, has been undiagnosable by the dealer. This is only one of several quality problems we've had with this Toyota. I'm going out shopping for a different van on Monday and will buy whichever seems to have good build quality. Very disappointed in my first ever Toyota.