2004 Toyota Sienna 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Family Car, Now With

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

XLE 7-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Great Family Car, Now With More Interior Room
By johnfixesstuff on

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We upgraded from a 2003 to a 2004 Toyota Sienna and there is a BIG difference. The vehicle is like 6" wider and longer and it is so nice. We were not able to put a rear-facing car seat in the second row of captains chairs in our 2003 but the 2004 fits it nicely and my wife and I are both over 6' tall. The stowable rear seat is very nice too. The gas mileage is right around 20 mpg which could be better. It has plenty of power though and the ride is nice.

Favorite Features

The rear DVD entertainment center, the leather seats, the built-in window shades, stowable rear seat, low floor in the tail end, space!

Suggested Improvements

The sliding doors on the side have cables that wear out after about 10 years--I had to replace one of mine already and the other one is due. It's a really expensive repair if you don't do it myself. I wrote up the repair on my blog if you're interested. The DVD player won't show a picture if you shut off the van in the middle of playing a show when you turn the van back on. I've written up how to get around that on my blog as well.