Great Reliable Van
By scabledog on
2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I once said I would never buy anything but a Ford or Chevy, but I am a Toyota believer now. Bought this van new in 2004 and it now has 175,000 miles on it with very little problems to speak of. Just routine maintenance for the most part. The dash did start to crack in the center at 100K and the radiator leaks a bit, but considering the mileage I cannot complain. I think this year I will replace the radiator finally, but still not terrible at 175K. Only other issue I had at about 155K was a front wheel bearing went bad. You know they are bad when you rumble down the road. Still a ton of mileage without major repair costs so really cannot complain!! Would definitely buy another Toyota!
Favorite Features
Comfortable ride and low maintenance costs. This vehicle was expensive amongst other van models, but it has not disappointed me and the extra money was well worth it.
Suggested Improvements
Could be a little easier on tires. If you get the softer tires for the better ride as recommended they get eaten up within 40K. The harder tires last the longest, but make the ride a bit stiffer. Sill not terrible overall...