Used 2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love My Sienna
By PR on 08/17/07 19:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Sienna, I carry everything but the kitchen sink in it. It is roomy and has made life easier for me and my 4 year old. My only disappointment is that I do not think it is fast enough when I have to enter the highway or pass someone. Also, outside noise is not filtered and the air conditioner is not strong enough. Could be because it's a big car. Not sure, but overall, I'm happy. Oh, it's also great on gas!

2004 Sienna LE AWD
By RAMFJ62 on 08/03/07 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned several Toyota vehicles and never had the troubles encountered with this vehicle. My primary complaint is that the AWD van came with Dunlop run flat tires. These wore out at about 11,000 miles. Toyota replaced the first set due to all the complaints with the premature tire wear wearing. The transmission has a mind of it's own. It hesitates at times (usually between 5-10 mph). It's been reprogrammed by the dealer one time thus far. Driver's side wind noise is problematic. We average about 17 mpg.

A Winner
By Bill on 07/10/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car driven all over New England in all kinds of weather. It runs great, but the mileage is not. Features are terrific and it is fun to drive. Lots of room, lots of storage. Engine is quiet. Turning radius is tight - very helpful. Good visibility. Comfortable seats.

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE
By Robert on 06/26/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Only complaint now is the tire noise. Hated the Run Flats and replaced them at 19,000 which meant I had to buy a new wheel. Toyota refunded all my cost. Wish I could see better to back up, bought a $100 back up camera and fixed that prob. Middle row seats are heavy to remove and should fold flat into frame but are manageable as is. All in all I really like the car. The AWD is important to me as our driveway is steep and snow makes it hard to navigate. Passengers have told me middle row seats are uncomfortable with lump in low back.

2004 Toyota Sienna AWD Minivan
By Rich C. on 05/22/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

I have had a great deal of experience with numerous vehicles. My late father was in the automoble business for 40 years, so I have owned almost all makes and models over a 45 year period. I did like my Ford pickups, but it became difficult to get in and out of the back for me and my dogs. I use my vehicles for hunting, so ease of access is a prime consideration. This Toyota minivan is the answer to my dreams in comfort, convenience, and ease of use. Simply stated, the best automoble I have ever owned!

Thought Toyota stood for high quality
By tomk on 05/12/07 06:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna thinking that we would have many happy carefree miles in a high quality vehicle. What we found was issues with the traction control that locked up our wheels and required significant repairs not once but twice. In addition we had an overheated radiator (later recalled). In total this vehicle was a bust - will never buy a Toyota again.

Very decent van
By chuckb on 05/06/07 08:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not a lot of problems with our 2004 LE FWD. The passenger side power window motor did fail at around 20,000 miles. Replaced under warranty but did have to leave overnight for repair. Recently needed coolant sensor, thermostat and air/fuel sensor at 28,000 miles, but these were replaced in a day under warranty. The Dunlop tires wear out very quickly. Replacing them now at 28000 mi. with Yokohama Avid TRZs. Gas mileage is lower than expected, averaging 17.3 MPG over the past two and a half years, and that is almost all suburban and highway!

Good van
By chuckb on 04/23/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my LE FWD for two and a half years now. The only problems have been a faulty L/S front power window motor, replaced under warranty,and the moulding on the L/S of the second row seat keeps popping off. Looks like there is a screw or pin missing that holds the molding to the seat.

Couldn't be happier
By Ray H on 04/19/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After deciding to step "down" to a minivan from a pickup ;) the next big decision was which one? Toyota, Honda, Kia or Dodge? Once we had test driven all 4, the Sienna was the hands down winner! I am as happy now, 3 years later, as I was the day we took delivery. This vehicle has NEVER let me down and has lived up to all its positive reviews.

Trouble with tire changing & body paint
By kmores on 02/12/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had incredible trouble changing a tire. The car fell off the jack and I can't get the tire gauge light to go off. It took my husband over a half hour to get the tire off the bottom of the car in the weird position it was in to unscrew it and get it under the car. If we had been on the side of the road when these flats happened, we would have been killed. Paint chips off the bumpers badly. My battery has died numerous times because of interior lights not auto turning off. All screws holding the flaps protecting motor over front time came out with flaps hitting wheels causing great scare. Toyota wouldn't replace because out of mile warranty (we had to evacuate to Dallas!).