Used 2004 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

A Great Vehicle
By tregruban5

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First off, for those of you that want leather and to get rid of the black lacquer dash and install wood grain accents in an LE it is possible--mine was done at the port up in Jacksonville before being shipped to the dealership. You'll pay, but it is well worth it. If you are a music fan, do not pass on the JBL system...I did and regret it. As far as performance, this vehicle moves- but as others have stated the brakes are soft and the transmission does hesitate a bit but nothing really to complain about. Toyota has really produced a well thought out vehicle. We are very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Power sliding door, split fold down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility out the back window, offer more XLE options not available in LE, like back up sonar signal, 2nd power door, etc...and it was almost impossible to find anything higher than a package #4 without having to order and wait. Very frustrating.

I LOVE IT!
By Crystal28

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We just got the toyota sienna and it has everything imaginable on it. Everyday we discover a new gadget or compartment. It is beautiful, the design is awsome, comfortable, and reliable. The second week I saw the tire pressure sign come up and we thought somthing was wrong. Well it turned out that we had a tiny nail in our tire and the sienna spotted it. THIS CAR IS ALIVE!! DEFINATELY TOPS THE ODESSEY! THE BEST MINIVAN BY FAR!!

Favorite Features

Sound system, sliding door windows go up and down, and the drive is excellent!

Suggested Improvements

NONE! GREAT JOB TOYOTA!

Bad Ride
By Everett S

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had the car for 330 miles and the ride was like a truck. When I took it to the dealer, hear is the answer I received on my service ticket. "Advised custome of tempatures below 30 degrees. COuld cause oil in shocks and struts to thicken producing harsh ride." Well the tempature went to 43 degrees and still a harsh ride. I drove three other Sienna's and still a harsh ride. We returned the Van. If it rides like a truck, who cares about the other qualities of the car. If you going to buy this van, don't get caught up in what they say is a smooth ride. NOTE: MY dealer was great during the process of returning the VAN.

Suggested Improvements

Improve RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toyota is headed down hill !
By karen bugg

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Sienna brakes have been noisy since we bought it new. The dealer says all siennas do this. If you are ever in a school parking lot, listen. They do all do it! nothing can or will be done about this. My struts just went out at 39,000 miles. The roters are totally worn. This vehicle has only been driven around town! what a lemon!

Great Machine
By DaveC

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely pleased with the very well thought out engineering of this vehicle. We ordered it with every option and are happy we did. No complaints

Favorite Features

The laser cruise control and the proximity sensors are very useful safety features. Getting the baby in and out of his child seat is very easy.

Suggested Improvements

It is pretty terrific the way it is.