2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
2004 Toyota Sienna XLE
By Joe Brooks on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This the THE minivan to get. They took the 4 year old Honda Odyssey and added many features to it. Mainly SPLIT Magic Seat in the rear. The Honda seat is too heavy for a woman to fold away.

Odyssey Killer
By Ellwood on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked ours up a week ago and are totally dazzled. Owned a Grand Caravan for 5 years and test drove a 2003 Odyssey and the Sienna is far superior. The Odyssey is the closest competitor, interior dimensions are almost identical and it has the same folding rear seats. The Honda handles nicely, accelerates and brakes well, but is totally devoid of any character - the interior is so spartan and functional that it was like driving a delivery van. Sienna on the other hand is more comfortable, quieter, smoother-riding and makes you feel like you are driving from your favorite chair at home.

I am not sure
By byuc on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am not an experienced van driver, don't know much about car either. This is the first van for us. We decided to buy a toyota van after seeing the previous reviews about the 2004 sienna. I am still wondering if I got a good deal. But what comforts me most is that my wife loves this van after I drove her to work and picked her up several times. I used to love living in Chicago but now I hate it since it snowed Monday, just two days I bought the van. Forgot to mention, my 6-year-old son showed off to everyone the new van even strangers.

Much Nicer Than The Odyssey!
By flaggj on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When we started thinking of getting a minivan, everyone steered us towards the Honda Odyssey. We did research online which also rated the Odyssey the best. We first looked at the 2004 Sienna and loved it. Because of everyone telling us to buy the Odyssey, we decided to take a look. We couldn't believe the difference between the two. The Sienna was much nicer! And the price was just about the same. We purchased the 8-seater, which was very difficult to find, but will help when we have out-of-town visitors.

Fun Family Car
By Kha4me on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We wife and I just had twins and need a Minivan. We always liked the Honda Odyssey; but after seeing the 04 Sienna, it changed our mind. We bought the Sienna LE on Saturday after seeing it for the first time. Our intention was to go buy the Odyssey. After comparing the two, the 04 Sienna was our pick. Driving home was such a joy. Very well layout designs and roomy. We love to take this car with our twins and our 2 year old son. Good job Toyota.

Worth Waiting For
By Philadelphia on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Good thing we waited. Initially we were considering the Odyssey, Town & Country and Winstar, until we came accross a preliminary review of the 2004 Sienna on the internet. My wife and I decided to wait for a month until the new Sienna is available so that we can compare it also. There is no comparison. The Sienna adapted all the desirable features of the others, incorporated and improved upon them in the 2004 Sienna.

SUV alternative
By shanqdaddy on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking for a reliable car for our growing family since we both had 2 door Honda Accords. We looked at the Highlander and was not impressed with the ride, but when we saw the new Sienna at the showroom we loved it from the 1st time we drove it. Drives like a big sedan and after the test drive the dealership sold us the 1st one from their lot. It has lots of horsepower (more than the 03) and cheaper (comp with 03. We've driven the Honda Odyssey and the old Toyota Previa and Sienna models - This is the ONE to have.

Love my Siena
By Marcus I Valdes on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car beat the Honda Odyssey for me. The styling is nice and the cabin is functional. Couple that with an awesome engine, and you've got an unbeatable combination.

Best car
By Tinchum Wong on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Best car in the world

A slick minivan
By carshopper45 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After driving this minivan for 800 miles, I am very happy with my choice. It has power, it's smooth and it's quiet. There's lots of leg and shoulder room and the cargo area is deep and roomy: my double jogging stroller and single stroller fit well with room left for tennis shoes, ball gloves, groceries, etc. As a minivan "newbie" I love sitting up high enough to look truck and suv owners in the eye!