Used 2004 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

1 year - 20k miles
By shelsisson

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 1 year & 20k miles my Sienna has been better than expected. No problems. Exactly like reports say - quiet, reliable, powerful, roomy, comfortable, neat "toys", easy to drive.

The turning radius is unbelievable. It's like driving a small car around town. MPG is OK (20 - 24).

Terrible hesitation when accelerating during merging on ramp. Gas mileage computer is always 4 mpg below reading. Back seats don't recline far enough. Looks like Dodge Caravan - after a year I can't tell if it's our van coming down the road.

Toyota Sienna
By Jrmmustang

2004 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After being a Ford owner for the past 15 years and coming off owning a Ford Windstar, I find mt new Sienna a refreshing breathe of fresh air. The ride is so much smoother, the engine is so quiet that I sometimes have to look at the dash console to see if the car is actually running. I find the turning radius is not only superior to any Van I have driven and I had tested quite a few before buying the Sienna, but tighter than many cars I have driven in. That along with the many saftey features than come standard in the Sienna have made me a big Toyota fan. I also would like to thank the Knowledgeable staff for making it an enjoyable experience.

My favorite features are the easy folding rear seats, swing down center table between the drivers and pasenger seats, Tha kids love the rear electric windows , such a great feature in a van.

more color selections

Hands down the best on the market
By bobsacaton

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all the minivans on the market and settled or final inspection on Nissan, Honda and Toyota. We chose these three because customer satisfaction, resale value, reliability and features of the van. Nissan was quickly eliminated as some of the features on theinterior were cheap in appearance for a van of its price. . We purchased an XLW with DVD system which came with package #16 the light metallic blue color. We were surprised that the dealer actually negogiated a fair price instead of MSRP and located our vehicle.

The leather seats are plush. The split third row with spring assisted folding helps my wife manage the seats which she had trouble with the odyssey secondary to the weight of the seats. Power doors and rear gate. six disk in dash cd player and the kids love the dvd system.

Power passenger seat. Memory modes for the seat. DVD system easier to control from the front seat for people with smaller children.

Know how to upgrade to Perfection
By Jaxons Dad

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted an XLE but couldn't find one. Upgeaded an LE with Leather and wood trim. Saved $4,000 just for that!! Identical to any XLE out there. GREAT GREAT car/van. I test drove all the others. The Sienna beat them all in every aspect.

Power side door - Sleek outside Trimlines - Power windows on the Doors - Interior look, size, amenities. Great drive.

Toyota needs to have more of the features it touts in it's brochures available to the public. If you want a specific trim level, expect 2-3 months wait.

OUR VAN
By Penny Johnson

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van, the entertainment system keeps the kids quiet as can be! It drives perfectly! One flaw, the right passenger middle row seat, the seatbelt does not go back in place after the passenger leaves the vehicle. VERY ANNOYING!!

THE DVD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM IS THE BOMB! The dual power sliding doors are handy. The windows on the sliding doors are pretty "cool" when they go down!

Fix the seatbelt on the middle right passenger seat PLEASE FIX IT FROM STICKING ALL THE TIME WHEN PASSENGER GETS IN AND GETTING OUT!!