Used 2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

The Best minivan I've ever driven.
By L-F-L

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My husband got this van as a "whole family" present during Christmas. I got to drive the Sienna during Christmas Day while there was barely any traffic and I must say that it's ride is smooth and very car-like. (This is my first minivan since our Camry & ES300). Steering is tight and performance is pretty good. Fuel economy suprised us when is was up to 28MPG. Pretty good for a large car. I loved how luxurious the car was. Overall, It's the best minivan I've ever driven.

Favorite Features

Power sliding side doors, GPS Navigation System, DVD Player, Power liftgate, Laser-Guided Cruise Control, HID Lights, Park-Assist Sonar System, and the Luxurious Interior.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat & memory system for driver.....otherwise, this car is flawless.

Glad it's Ours!
By sjcohen

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We are expanding to three kids and loved the ability to get three kids in the second row, fold in the third row, and have TONS of cargo space! I find it drives very much like a car, not a truck. It is quite easy to get kids into/out of the van; even my 2 year old can get himself up into the van unassissted. We also opted for the safety package which gave us traction control, stability control, EBD, etc. Drives great in the snow w/o AWD.

Favorite Features

Room, drives like a car, plenty of inside storage space, much better gas mileage than competitors. Tumble forward seats in all three second row positions makes it very easy to get to third row.

Suggested Improvements

Should have traction control on all models.

BEST
By MADDOG24

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

BEST VEHICLE EXPERIENCE EVER, FROM THE SALES TO THE SERVICE. I WAS NEVER A VAN PERSON TILL NOW. THE PERFECT VEHICLE.

Favorite Features

IT FEELS LIKE A SMOOTH RIDING SUV ! THE DEALER WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL.

Suggested Improvements

DONT CHANGE A THING

Traction Control is a Poor Performer
By rockgj

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great interior space and comfort, fair exterior style. A terrible performer in the snow. If you need a vehicle that moves you through, don't get the FWD, try the AWD model.

Favorite Features

Flip down split rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

Have the traction control system supply power to the wheel with traction, not rob power from the slipping wheel.

Lexus Van
By Melissa

I owned a RX300. I feel like driving the same car. Except, this one is bigger and heavier. Of course, RX is more powerful because it is 1000 pounds less than the Sienna. Anyway, my kids love it verrrry much! Very comfortable.

Favorite Features

interior. quiet and smooth drive. esp. turning corners. I always turn too fast around corners, but this car could handle my problems pretty well.

Suggested Improvements

prefer center console build like RX300 with drawers instead of flip open. Power off button at the end of the back door. So, I could open it in my garage manually. Little more tighter brake and steering.