2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Best Minivan Ever Built
By Arup Karmakar on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota has come out with a class minivan, the best available currently in the market. Odyssey buyers, think twice before buying and would recommend test driving the 2004 Sienna before deciding which one to buy. It happended the same thing with me. Once I test drove the Sienna, I did not take long to decide which one to buy. Compared to Odyssey, 2004 Sienna is quieter, awesome sound system, better exterior and interior design, and with innumerable extra features. I had to wait for 3 weeks to get my minivan and consider worth the wait. Honestly, wherever I went, the 2004 Sienna have drawn a lot of attention from many stangers.

Love it!!!
By BevK on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. I can't keep my kids out of it. They beg me to go sit in the car even though we aren't leaving home. We all love the rear audio the most. I can listen to the radio up front and they can listen to their kids tapes/CDs in the back. Toyota really paid attention to the details on this car. I recommend it to all!

This is the one to beat!
By iounothing on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just took delivery of a Sienna XLE with package #16 (DVD, heated leather seats, moonroof). I give Toyota an A- plus for designing a family hauler with every imaginable feature. They make incredibly efficient use of interior space, and while the car looks about the same size as other vans on the outside, it feels more spacious on the inside. Although I paid more than I would have for a fully loaded Honda, I got a whole lot more. I found the Honda to seem cheap and spartan, while Sienna has a Lexus-like feel, with superb fit and finish. The drive is competent, although I will say it's a bit too muted for my sports-car tastes.

pretty good van
By jwoz on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van has most if not all of the Honda's most critical/useful features plus the noted upgrades I think the Toyota also an upgrade in the use of higher quality interior materials. There is no sacrifice in ride quality, power, space, design/style, either. Gas mileage has also been very good for this class (26 in mixed city/hwy). If it weren't for our being held hostage to pay very close to sticker for this car due to artificial supply- side-created demand, I'd feel fantastic about the purchase. As it is I feel very good about the van. With Toyota's reputation for quality/durability, I think wew will have this van for a while.

A good minivan, but not perfect
By GDW on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've had the LE-7, #7 for two months. The van is comfortable, large, handles well with a smooth quiet ride, and gets great gas mileage. The split folding rear seats together with the well beneath them (for loose items) are useful. The daytime running lights did not initally work, a shoulder belt retraction mechanism had to be replaced on one of the middle seats, and the gas gauge reads high so that we have almost run out of gas (half gallon left)when there is apparently an eight tank left. The gas warning light did not come on. The lower rear quarter panels are cheap and made out of flexible plastic. Even Toyota has first year production problems.

Two Thumbs Up
By Oh What A Feeling on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

These 2004 Siennas are hard to find and once I bought one I knew why. The quality is outstanding, the ride is pure fun and the features are so thoughful. You realize that the story of the Pres of Toyota who drove a 2003 Sienna around North America by himself to find ways to improve it is true. We bought the XLE Limited because it has so much, but we started by testing an LE model. The LE was fantasic in it's own right as far as drive quality. This vehicle is very quiet even on roads that cause other vans (Odyssey) to hum you to death. We have four children and we're all tall but fit comfortably.

My Wife Won't Drive Her Lexus!
By Marty Blount on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have 800 miles on my '04. This is the best van on the market. Impressive power, great handling, very quiet cabin, lots of interior room. Side curtain airbag storage doesn't intrude into cabin. Turning radius is car like. Very stable on curves, climbs effortlessly. Laser cruise is nice, parking sensors helpful with 04 larger van. A/C kicks! Under hood access to fluids, battery, belts is easy.

Should have bought the odessy
By Soccer mom on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am not that pleased with my sienna I should have spent the extra $$$ and went with a honda. The ride isn't as car like as the odessy was.

WOW
By PJP on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We Just traded our 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan EX in for the Sienna XLE about a week ago. We looked at the Honda Odyssey but I didn't like the dashboard design, very plain, and also I thought the leather seats were very hard. I love that the Sienna used a 60/40 split for thier 3rd row seat. With 3 kids its nice to have the abuility to only fold down part of that seat. The best feature of all was fuel economy. Our Grand Caravan averaged around 19.5 under our normal driving conditions, but with the Sienna under the same driving conditions we got 26.8 for an average on our first tank and the engine isn't even broke in yet.

Excellent all-around
By Aibolit on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We just replaced our old 1998 Sienna LE with this 2004 XLE Limited with the best package there is. We fell in love at first sight. There is a multitude of fun & functional features, including a rear-seat entertainment system, DVD navigation console, intuitive parking assist, laser-assisted cruise control, power sliding doors, and simply too many features to list.