2004 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2004 Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sort Reviews by

Sienna is the Luxury minivan
By SiennaMan2004

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van. It is great. The styling is great, the interior is great, the features are great. Price is a little high though, but the features make up for it.

Favorite Features

Dimming Mirrors, Auto Close sliding side doors and rear hatch, Laser cruise control, Rear DVD, too many to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Include power fold in mirrors, make sunglass holder bigger, have both outside mirrors as autodiming, have a rear moonroof, make the front driver seat be able to move back another inch.

Best Minivan Ever Built
By Arup Karmakar

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota has come out with a class minivan, the best available currently in the market. Odyssey buyers, think twice before buying and would recommend test driving the 2004 Sienna before deciding which one to buy. It happended the same thing with me. Once I test drove the Sienna, I did not take long to decide which one to buy. Compared to Odyssey, 2004 Sienna is quieter, awesome sound system, better exterior and interior design, and with innumerable extra features. I had to wait for 3 weeks to get my minivan and consider worth the wait. Honestly, wherever I went, the 2004 Sienna have drawn a lot of attention from many stangers.

Favorite Features

The exterior and interior design. 2nd and 3rd row sunshades, 10 speaker JBL surround system, storage spaces, roomier interior

Suggested Improvements

Option to switch on/off the passenger side climate control.

Love it!!!
By BevK

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. I can't keep my kids out of it. They beg me to go sit in the car even though we aren't leaving home. We all love the rear audio the most. I can listen to the radio up front and they can listen to their kids tapes/CDs in the back. Toyota really paid attention to the details on this car. I recommend it to all!

Favorite Features

3rd row folding seat, 2nd row roll-down windows, rear audio and temperature controls.

Suggested Improvements

2nd row seat needs to be easier to move inward in the row. Heavy and difficult to remove/move.

This is the one to beat!
By iounothing

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just took delivery of a Sienna XLE with package #16 (DVD, heated leather seats, moonroof). I give Toyota an A- plus for designing a family hauler with every imaginable feature. They make incredibly efficient use of interior space, and while the car looks about the same size as other vans on the outside, it feels more spacious on the inside. Although I paid more than I would have for a fully loaded Honda, I got a whole lot more. I found the Honda to seem cheap and spartan, while Sienna has a Lexus-like feel, with superb fit and finish. The drive is competent, although I will say it's a bit too muted for my sports-car tastes.

Favorite Features

Power side AND rear doors, 60-40 split rear seat, 2nd row power windows, both moonroof and DVD with surround sound in a minivan!

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats. Power tilt and telescopic steering wheel. Power passengers seat. Faux-wood trim cheapens the interior feel of this vehicle - get rid of it. There is a definite learning curve to the console mounted shifter (I keep putting the car into 4th gear instead of Drive).

pretty good van
By jwoz

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van has most if not all of the Honda's most critical/useful features plus the noted upgrades I think the Toyota also an upgrade in the use of higher quality interior materials. There is no sacrifice in ride quality, power, space, design/style, either. Gas mileage has also been very good for this class (26 in mixed city/hwy). If it weren't for our being held hostage to pay very close to sticker for this car due to artificial supply- side-created demand, I'd feel fantastic about the purchase. As it is I feel very good about the van. With Toyota's reputation for quality/durability, I think wew will have this van for a while.

Favorite Features

the split fold-down third row, the roll-down rear windows, interior space, gas mileage, acceleration, side airbags

Suggested Improvements

eyeglass holder is in inconvenient location. larger conversation mirror. Better management of production and supply so as not to create artificial demand.

A good minivan, but not perfect
By GDW

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've had the LE-7, #7 for two months. The van is comfortable, large, handles well with a smooth quiet ride, and gets great gas mileage. The split folding rear seats together with the well beneath them (for loose items) are useful. The daytime running lights did not initally work, a shoulder belt retraction mechanism had to be replaced on one of the middle seats, and the gas gauge reads high so that we have almost run out of gas (half gallon left)when there is apparently an eight tank left. The gas warning light did not come on. The lower rear quarter panels are cheap and made out of flexible plastic. Even Toyota has first year production problems.

Favorite Features

Split folding rear seats with their well. Ride and comfort. Fuel economy. Size. Side curtain air bags.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable power drivers seat. Adjustable front passenger seat. Dedicated CD/radio for the rear seats instead of rear audio transmission from the front if you aren't getting the DVD system. Power doors for both sides standard (at least in LE). Automatic lights standard. Lower price.

Two Thumbs Up
By Oh What A Feeling

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

These 2004 Siennas are hard to find and once I bought one I knew why. The quality is outstanding, the ride is pure fun and the features are so thoughful. You realize that the story of the Pres of Toyota who drove a 2003 Sienna around North America by himself to find ways to improve it is true. We bought the XLE Limited because it has so much, but we started by testing an LE model. The LE was fantasic in it's own right as far as drive quality. This vehicle is very quiet even on roads that cause other vans (Odyssey) to hum you to death. We have four children and we're all tall but fit comfortably.

Favorite Features

Love the navigation and rear DVD. The laser cruise control is fantastic. Love the comfort, dash & control layout and superb ride quality. Road noise is very subdued compared to other vans in class. Engine is spirited and has nice growl when downshifting...not too loud, just right.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I can think of is to give them away for free!

My Wife Won't Drive Her Lexus!
By Marty Blount

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have 800 miles on my '04. This is the best van on the market. Impressive power, great handling, very quiet cabin, lots of interior room. Side curtain airbag storage doesn't intrude into cabin. Turning radius is car like. Very stable on curves, climbs effortlessly. Laser cruise is nice, parking sensors helpful with 04 larger van. A/C kicks! Under hood access to fluids, battery, belts is easy.

Favorite Features

Ergonomic interior design. 6 disk indash JBL CD system is awesome. Tons of space for people and things. Remote power doors and hatch, power side windows.

Suggested Improvements

Re-position & enlarge the kiddie mirror. Manual controls for rear window vents.

Should have bought the odessy
By Soccer mom

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am not that pleased with my sienna I should have spent the extra $$$ and went with a honda. The ride isn't as car like as the odessy was.

Favorite Features

Fold down 3rd row seat

Suggested Improvements

better design and smoother ride, less noisy.

WOW
By PJP

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We Just traded our 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan EX in for the Sienna XLE about a week ago. We looked at the Honda Odyssey but I didn't like the dashboard design, very plain, and also I thought the leather seats were very hard. I love that the Sienna used a 60/40 split for thier 3rd row seat. With 3 kids its nice to have the abuility to only fold down part of that seat. The best feature of all was fuel economy. Our Grand Caravan averaged around 19.5 under our normal driving conditions, but with the Sienna under the same driving conditions we got 26.8 for an average on our first tank and the engine isn't even broke in yet.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, smooth ride, eye catching interior design

Suggested Improvements

leg room in row 3 is a little tight